Poll: Thai people find post-coup politics better

Lite Beer

What complete utter bullshit

Just can't accept the truth can you!!!

I think that politics (without democracy) is wonderful.

Maybe next time you're voting you can vote for .....oh wait, you don't have a vote.. Unlike many millions of people Thais who do.

And politics without a democracy is also known as a dictatorship and you crack if your Thai family are happy to accept the curent situation, which will all change when the event happens anyway

Me to Girl-friend "Who did you vote for?"

"Same as my parents"

"Who was that?"

"Thaksin"

"Why?

"Because he gave them 40 Baht"

Ahhh the price of democracy in Thailand.

• Like 1

You don't live in a rural farming community that's for sure !!

Well well well, I have seen drastic changes in this Udon heartland (that was) red. Very small pockets remain, most people who were slow to get info of Yinglucks wrongs are now aware, hence the move from the Shins.

Some very remote villages you will never change--but what has changed is the younger elements shift from PTP thinking many older ones still do not grasp the situ.

Suppose it depends on the wife's thinking, and her parents as many have to tow the line because house in her name ???? ha ha ha.

• Like 1

Do you call the rice scam that lost 600 billion baht innovation?

Maybe the clean up needs to serve the privileged as they are the clever people that make money for Thailand to subsidise the rice farmers (that cost everyone an arm and leg) in lost revenue. They, the elite, if you want to call them that, also supply a large amount of jobs for Thai's and they must be pretty good as it as Thailand has probably the lowest unemployment rate in the world.

Please tell me how the rice farmers benefit the country as I would be interested to know!!

One other thing, was putting someone who was not clever and with zero political experience in charge of the country for the sole reason to get her brother an amnesty a justified reason. These politicians have had more than a fair crack of the whip and have failed miserably in whatever they have done. Time to let the clever people engineer the way forward and if that means disqualifying the politicians then I'm all for it!!

Goodbye corruption and hello to a cleaner, better educated and honest people that actually know what they are doing.

"Please tell me how the rice farmers benefit the country as I would be interested to know!! "

They grow the food that people eat. It really is that simple. And you talk about Yingluck not being clever?whistling.gif

As growing rice is not profitable in Thailand (you agree with this)? then why don't they grow organic rice or other crops that are profitable and are not a drain on the finances.

Your 'clever' Yingluck cost Thailand 60 BILLION baht, I repeat, 60 BILLION baht from her hair-brained scheme that put Thailand's financial security in jeopardy!!

Most of the losses came from not being able to sell the rice through EXPORTING to other countries - now this is NOT feeding the Thai people, is it.

So growing rice (a majority for sale to other countries) cost the tax payers of Thailand the princely sum of 60 BILLION baht - hardly a sensible thing, is it!!

Why not grow other crops which grow in the climate depending on the region (zoning) and import the rice from Vietnam, India or wherever. Alternatively, get them (the rice farmers) to find new employment that doesn't suck money out of the financial coffers!!

I wouldn't mind so much if the farmers actually benefited from this but they clearly didn't (as all of the suicides prove).

Thank god that Prayuth is coming to the rescue and is creating a constitution that keeps the politicians in check by diluting their power and making it more difficult for a Northern based party to be elected. He has eliminated the Shinawatra's from politics which is the most important thing that he has done.

If PTT do get in somehow in an election and their are no Shinawatra's involved, plus the government will be so much more transparent and unable to commit corruption then they have my blessing. We will see how they perform under the new rules (no unaffordable populist policies to bribe the people with) and see how they do playing on a level playing field!!

Aren't the figures quoted in excess of B600 billion?

Well well well, I have seen drastic changes in this Udon heartland (that was) red. Very small pockets remain, most people who were slow to get info of Yinglucks wrongs are now aware, hence the move from the Shins.

Some very remote villages you will never change--but what has changed is the younger elements shift from PTP thinking many older ones still do not grasp the situ.

Suppose it depends on the wife's thinking, and her parents as many have to tow the line because house in her name ???? ha ha ha.

As it happens I am very familiar with Udon.None of my information accords with yours and in particular your summary of younger voters current views is diametrically opposite to what evidence I have seen.We shall see who is closer to the pulse after the results of the next election are in.

As it happens I am very familiar with Udon.None of my information accords with yours and in particular your summary of younger voters current views is diametrically opposite to what evidence I have seen.We shall see who is closer to the pulse after the results of the next election are in.

...in twentyneverever?

Doesn't matter whether I do or not. Facts are facts and nothing is going to change that!!

Rice farming in Thailand is a liability that is thankfully being eroded by global climate change. They may not realise it but these floods and droughts are doing them a favour in the long term, Thailand too.

Maybe the clean up needs to serve the privileged as they are the clever people that make money for Thailand to subsidise the rice farmers (that cost everyone an arm and leg) in lost revenue. They, the elite, if you want to call them that, also supply a large amount of jobs for Thai's and they must be pretty good as it as Thailand has probably the lowest unemployment rate in the world.

Please tell me how the rice farmers benefit the country as I would be interested to know!!

One other thing, was putting someone who was not clever and with zero political experience in charge of the country for the sole reason to get her brother an amnesty a justified reason. These politicians have had more than a fair crack of the whip and have failed miserably in whatever they have done. Time to let the clever people engineer the way forward and if that means disqualifying the politicians then I'm all for it!!

Goodbye corruption and hello to a cleaner, better educated and honest people that actually know what they are doing.

"Please tell me how the rice farmers benefit the country as I would be interested to know!! "

They grow the food that people eat. It really is that simple. And you talk about Yingluck not being clever?whistling.gif

As growing rice is not profitable in Thailand (you agree with this)? then why don't they grow organic rice or other crops that are profitable and are not a drain on the finances.

Your 'clever' Yingluck cost Thailand 60 BILLION baht, I repeat, 60 BILLION baht from her hair-brained scheme that put Thailand's financial security in jeopardy!!

Most of the losses came from not being able to sell the rice through EXPORTING to other countries - now this is NOT feeding the Thai people, is it.

So growing rice (a majority for sale to other countries) cost the tax payers of Thailand the princely sum of 60 BILLION baht - hardly a sensible thing, is it!!

Why not grow other crops which grow in the climate depending on the region (zoning) and import the rice from Vietnam, India or wherever. Alternatively, get them (the rice farmers) to find new employment that doesn't suck money out of the financial coffers!!

I wouldn't mind so much if the farmers actually benefited from this but they clearly didn't (as all of the suicides prove).

Thank god that Prayuth is coming to the rescue and is creating a constitution that keeps the politicians in check by diluting their power and making it more difficult for a Northern based party to be elected. He has eliminated the Shinawatra's from politics which is the most important thing that he has done.

If PTT do get in somehow in an election and their are no Shinawatra's involved, plus the government will be so much more transparent and unable to commit corruption then they have my blessing. We will see how they perform under the new rules (no unaffordable populist policies to bribe the people with) and see how they do playing on a level playing field!!

Aren't the figures quoted in excess of B600 billion?

It depends whose figure you believe, but there are an awful lot of zeros involved, its just a shame that incurring this massive loss benefited the wrong people - in Thaksin's case it was probably the right people!!! He has never cared about the farmers (or anyone else as far as that's concerned) - he simply uses them as a tool to further his ambitions and then deserts them when they have served their purpose and become an irritant.

What complete utter bullshit

Just can't accept the truth can you!!!

I think that politics (without democracy) is wonderful.

Maybe next time you're voting you can vote for .....oh wait, you don't have a vote.. Unlike many millions of people Thais who do.

And politics without a democracy is also known as a dictatorship and you crack if your Thai family are happy to accept the curent situation, which will all change when the event happens anyway

Me to Girl-friend "Who did you vote for?"

"Same as my parents"

"Who was that?"

"Thaksin"

"Why?

"Because he gave them 40 Baht"

Ahhh the price of democracy in Thailand.

Yes 40 baht I've heard many differnt numbers come from those who actually voted and not one got 500 baht, it's an exaggerated number for many, less than a days wage every what 3-4 years isn't that much for a vote is it?

My wife said she used her 300 baht for the family I asked her if she got 509 baht, she said no 300 baht for the home, that was 3 voting adults, I asked her why without making it sound like it was the wrong thing to do, her reply was always been like this in small village, so it's somethjng that has been going on in their society a lot longer than many TVF farangs have been living here.

It's up to them, what we see as wrong they see it as a bit extra cash, what right do we have as non Thais to criticise what they have been doing a lot longer than most members have lived here?

You shouldn't assume from my post that I am a fan of Yingluck. As for rice farmers growing other crops you should perhaps read the latest OP on subsidies in Thailand. It seems that there are many crops grown by Thai farmers that are subsidised and some subsidies have increased under the Junta. Farmers are subsidised the world over because they produce a vital food supply for society.