Epson Salts for Pepper Plants

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get my peppers going again this year on my balcony, super hots are coming on great. I read that spraying them with epson salts once a fortnight can keep them healthy along with a good feed on the alternate weeks.

Does anyone know where I can buy them here in Thailand? I am in Bangkok.

Secondly a quick question, I purchased some fertiliser pellets that are white and state 15-15-15 which seems acceptable for chillis. There are no instructions however so unsure how much, and how often to add them to my larger potted plants in 5L pots.

2015-03-06%2013.01.13_zps2dopawan.jpg

2015-03-06%2013.01.28_zpsgljecadp.jpg

Any help appreciated cheers

Epsom Salts, or Magnesium Sulfate,in Thai , De-gleue , ดีเกลือ.

Where to buy( I live in a big dairy cow area ,and it is used as an aid to indigestion in cows ,and feed to prevent milk fever.),if you are in Lopburi or Mortlec, Saraburi,some time,they will have some.

Try your local chemist,on most street corners.

Or have a look at nanagarden.com ,they should have some

As for fertilizer the 15- 15- 15 should do ,but to much and you will burn the plants would have thought 1-2 teaspoons every 2 weeks?would be enough ,with pot plants I use to use a liquid fertilizer ,safer,or a EM based one.

• Like 1

I agree, try to find a foliar feed like Bayofol for trace elements like Mg, Fe and so on. Just quoting 15-15-15 doesn't help as we can't tell whether this is quick release or what, you might do more harm than good. I use Osmocote three month slow release for plants that I want to look after, including tomatoes and peppers.

It IS easier to find this stuff out in the provinces than in BKK! You won't find it in BigC, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Ah sorry I do not know any more than that really, all I know is they had I think 3 or 4 different coloured bags of the pellets each with different numbers on them. The white ones I got stated 15-15-15. They are not in a retail packaging so no idea. I added about a teaspoon full worth to the surface of my larger 5L plant pots and after about a week it seems to have mainly broken down.

In Thailand you buy it at agricultural supplies places (fertilisers etc). Just ask for Magnesium Sulphate - They'll know it. It's about 200B for a 1 kg bag - and YES! It works wonders, particularly with anything in the tomato/chilli/capsicum family.... and many other things eg It is the VERY BEST fertiliser for orchids.... and doing harm with Epsom Salts? Rubbish! Not unless you bury them in it!

I also use it as a very effective aid to seed germination (add to water as soon as you plant the seeds), and with tomatoes again, to prevent transplant shock - just sprinkle it quite liberally in a circle around the newly planted seedling.

Hello All, I buy 25kg bags for hydroponic nutes here in Korat,

it comes from WESCO in BKK.

Drugstores don't sell it like in the West for soaking feet.

Try this chem store in BKK, it where I get my Borax,

Boric Acid and other things. Usually comes in 450g boxes.

Call 02-381-7100/7101/7102 or 02-391-5783.

KU Nursery at JJ has Nic-Spray in 100g packet, it is

a micro nurienr that can be sprayed or used in solution,

I use to use in when mixing hydro nutes, 60g@ 1,000L.

you do the math, I bought by the Kg.

rice555

• Like 1

Ah sorry I do not know any more than that really, all I know is they had I think 3 or 4 different coloured bags of the pellets each with different numbers on them. The white ones I got stated 15-15-15. They are not in a retail packaging so no idea. I added about a teaspoon full worth to the surface of my larger 5L plant pots and after about a week it seems to have mainly broken down.

If it brakes down easy then it must be urea,a 15-15-15 should be N-P-K, N ,nitrogen,P phosphate K ,potash,most P is quarried. as it is a rock ,normally red/reddish,being a rock ,it will break down slowly,some 20 -15-15 I brought had blue prills in ,which I took to be K,againe,slow to break down. Nitrogen,urea,the prills are always white in color,and will break down first.

Of most fertilizers Nitrogen ,will do the most damage, in burning crops ,look at a garden lawn that has had too much N ,especially in a dry periods ,brown patches.

Looking at the photos they look nice plants, try a liquid fertilizer

@ lamemjay,you must be luckey, along time ago asked for Mag sulphate,just got the Thai blank stare, they did not know it in english, and when I did find it, 70 baht/kg.

• 2 weeks later...

KU Nursery at JJ has Nic-Spray in 100g packet, it is

a micro nurienr that can be sprayed or used in solution,

I use to use in when mixing hydro nutes, 60g@ 1,000L.

you do the math, I bought by the Kg.

rice555

FYI Rice,

KU has been torn down an moved to a much farther away location. Shame, because it was my go to place for a lot of things.