Phuket Land Transfers Drop Dramatically

george

Absolute number figures on land transfer titles, even relative to the previous month are almost meaningless unless you also consider the # of farrang in Thailand for any given month. Remember July is pretty much low season due to heavy rains in Phuket this time of year, so of course there's going to be less business involving farrangs. It happens EVERY year. Show the stats as a relative percentage of a running average for the same month during the prior 5 years and then you can talk about trends.

That might sounds about right.

But wrong.

You show that, go on. Find that stats and put it up.

I'm telling you now that it's not slowing down.

Even if it is, it's not because it's low season.

I never said it was slowing down -- the original article did. I agree with you, I don't think it is slowing down.

My point was that those statistics are meaningless if they do not include a referene to a decent sized sample average of prior years for the same month.

I don't know about Pattaya, Samui or Hua Hin. Because last time I talk to a friend in Pattaya he said there's no problem.

But here in Phuket I dare say registration of land purchase by farang-owned company is Zero.

The end of your note says it all. As I stated in my original post, I was referring to Koh Samui, where the Peak and Bandidos incidents occured. Those incidents are passed, and totally unrelated to normal, legal, proper land deals which have been continuing again on Samui for two weeks. And I can confirm to you that land titles are indeed moving through the land office there, back to business as usual. As long as your company is set up legally & properly, there is no problem.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You buy here you cant legally own – sorry ill whisper you cant legally own got it

You can, you have just got to find genuine Thia shareholders for your company. Of course, that is no easy task!

maybe maybe not but most are simply being silly and believeing hype Myself like i said why bother if its for investment do condos in your name if you want a house for u to live trust wife or accept 30 year lease route - lowta kuun up to you - if investment i do as well in UK USA etc and no silly comapny route - i invest here as well mostly for my thai wife and child

Good luck punters dont cry when it all ends in tears :o

"...Good luck, punters. Dont cry WHEN it all ends in tears."

Yes, I am sure that that is right. The "when", I mean. Not even "if".

I am convinced that there will be a general wish for a clear-out of 'undesirable falangs' sometime in the future.

And what easier, more public way will there be (for the Government to show that it is responding to that wish) than checking land titles and the "companies" behind them, and deporting the dodgy?

"Ignorance of the Law" is no excuse.

Neither is "But they were all doing it", as two wrongs never made a right.

"I was suckered into it" might get a little sympathy---but don't expect it to be more than an upgrade on the flight out, never to return.

On the other hand, it can also be assumed that investing in the directors land and house is never ever going to make a profit and therefore very likely to be nominees. No voting rights, no dividens, no profit. After a few years it will be suspicious. Mabe after 10 years when you are nicely settled and comfertable. And then the dreaded knock on the door.

With these law bending practices you have to move fast. Buy, sell, buy sell. Still not right, but that is what i see people dong the most, and they are getting away with it.

And making a good profit.

But for living in the house for the long term, the odds are not good.

What ever happened to the Gov disolving companies that are not conducting any business ? I remember this being in the paper a few years ago. That would get rid of the company for purpose of owning land for personal use.

The revenue department told me that I HAD to show a profit this year. This is after 3 years of no profit but paying myself a salary and paying taxes on that salary.

I am convinced that there will be a general wish for a clear-out of 'undesirable falangs' sometime in the future.

And what easier, more public way will there be (for the Government to show that it is responding to that wish) than checking land titles and the "companies" behind them, and deporting the dodgy?

"I was suckered into it" might get a little sympathy---but don't expect it to be more than an upgrade on the flight out, never to return.

Nothing really contributed to the thread here...

This sounds a bit like sour grapes to me ...... or is it that you wish that these people were reduced to your own level of impecuniousness?

Nothing really contributed to the thread here...

This sounds a bit like sour grapes to me ...... or is it that you wish that these people were reduced to your own level of impecuniousness?

"impecuniousness" ... I'm impressed ...

whats the Thai translation? It's not really Keen Yeow...