What's it like driving to the Motor Show and Parking? there

Hi Folks/.

Thinking about going to the Bangkok Motor Show this weekend? What is it like for traffic around there and the parking facilities like?

I am also thinking about looking at car accessory shops are their many at the show usually or what? I am looking to upgrade my built in cd player to a DVD/GPS player on my Ecosport if anything out their yet? also look at headrest dvd monitors/roof mount dvd player (best options) and look for other things while I am their. I currently have a I-phone with GPS (Sygic) which seems ok now for most directions.

cheers

Yes, go early, get there maybe 30 mins before it's due to open. I know the Motor Expo has a lot of accessories booths, but I seem to recall this International show not having as many. On the weekends from lunch onwards, parking will be practically non-existent.

I was out there yesterday for a meeting at the hotel nearby. Granted it was a weekday but traffic around 11 am was light. I imagine on the weekend it will be horrific - maybe wait a week until the crowds die down or do as others have suggested go very early. Quite a few restaurants in the area so have a coffee and relax before it starts.

I was out there yesterday for a meeting at the hotel nearby. Granted it was a weekday but traffic around 11 am was light. I imagine on the weekend it will be horrific - maybe wait a week until the crowds die down or do as others have suggested go very early. Quite a few restaurants in the area so have a coffee and relax before it starts.

Yesterday was a press-only day. It doesn't actually open to the public until today :)

Yesterday was a press-only day. It doesn't actually open to the public until today :)[/quot

And? I did mention Saturday, Sunday I believe being the busiest so go early if going on the weekend. Better yet, wait a week. :)

• Like 1

Yesterday was a press-only day. It doesn't actually open to the public until today smile.png[/quot

And? I did mention Saturday, Sunday I believe being the busiest so go early if going on the weekend. Better yet, wait a week. :)

The only point I was making is that yesterday's traffic isn't indicative :)

• Like 1

Hi there/.

Never mind going to the Motor Show - yesterday it took me 3 hours to drive from Nang Linchi Road to Sukhumvit Road (using Rama 3 road) which is only 8 kilometres in distance . In the afternoon period (That's in the week). Then another 3 hours to get out of the city to get home! Crazy traffic yesterday.

They would only let one/two cars at a time filter right onto Sukhumvit road.

So it took me over 6 hours to do a simple journey in the week time?

I think next time it will be quicker to walk around the city.

If I go to the motor on Saturday best leave home about 8am maybe I'll get there before it closes that day!!!!!

cheers/.

Why would you go to suk from nang linchi to go to impact? Surely the expressway near rama 4 would have been easier?

I wasn't going to Impact yesterday? I quoted going to motor show this Saturday? yesterday was Wednesday I think?

Yesterday shopping at Villa supermarket?

Why would you go to suk from nang linchi to go to impact? Surely the expressway near rama 4 would have been easier?

I wasn't going to Impact yesterday? I quoted going to motor show this Saturday? yesterday was Wednesday I think?

To avoid Asoke, best way to Villa (avoiding Asoke) from Nang Linchi is to take Rama 4, turn left at Sukh 24 (Davis Hotel), take leftmost branch turn to Soi 22, take 22 all the way to Sukhumvit, turn right and park at Villa. Nowhere near 3 hours. wink.png

Ah ok, got confused as this topic is about driving to the motor show, not villa market haha

• Like 1

The queue for the place went back up and along the toll road last time I went several years ago. Then again this year how many people will be going with the state of the economy and car sales.

BITEC as said was much better, better location, better parking.

To avoid Asoke, best way to Villa (avoiding Asoke) from Nang Linchi is to take Rama 4, turn left at Sukh 24 (Davis Hotel), take leftmost branch turn to Soi 22, take 22 all the way to Sukhumvit, turn right and park at Villa. Nowhere near 3 hours. wink.png

Hi Thanks/. Keemapot

Yes/. normally I go into city (Villa) at weekend or very early in the morning 5-6am. via Rama 4/Asoke no problem, but I was visiting a friend yesterday in the morning at Soi Nan Linchi (and tried to kill two birds with one stone) and stock up my freezer while I was in the area.

Lesson learn't go early if I go into the city again. Glad I live in the sticks (over the river) and it's not quite as bad here (apart from building skye train) extension.

cheers

Just take the BTS to Mo Chit (last stop) and jump in a cab, less stress. its around 120 baht fare and I think 1 toll of 15 baht.

The show ticket price is 100 baht.

On the way back there's a minibus (walk around the back of KFC downstairs, 30 baht each person). The journey from Mo Chit to the Show is approx 20-25 minutes depending on traffic.

Also it wasn't crazy busy at the show ( I went yesterday) which was good. I left home (Ekkamai)around 3.30 and got there at 4.30 before rush hr really kicked in, left around 9pm (closes at 10pm)

Edited by fish fingers

The queue for the place went back up and along the toll road last time I went several years ago. Then again this year how many people will be going with the state of the economy and car sales.

Funny enough it was parking, or lack of it that prompted the organiser to switch venues. Seemingly BITEC always promised to add extra permanent parking bit didn't. Impact would be OK for parking IF it was just one show going on but the last few times they had two or three different events on the same days!

Better for whom? I can walk to Impact from my workplace in 10 minsthumbsup.gif

Just take the BTS to Mo Chit (last stop) and jump in a cab, less stress. its around 120 baht fare and I think 1 toll of 15 baht.

The show ticket price is 100 baht.

On the way back there's a minibus (walk around the back of KFC downstairs, 30 baht each person). The journey from Mo Chit to the Show is approx 20-25 minutes depending on traffic.

Also it wasn't crazy busy at the show ( I went yesterday) which was good. I left home (Ekkamai)around 3.30 and got there at 4.30 before rush hr really kicked in, left around 9pm (closes at 10pm)

I went last year by BTS to Mo Chit, early afternoon. Can't remember if it was weekend or not. It might well have been. Waited for ages in the sun for the free shuttle bus. When it eventually came it was a very small bus for a very long line of people. Standing room only. I didn't bother. Walked back over the road and had to ask about 10 taxis before I got one who would go at all, let alone on the meter. From memory it took about 1 1/2 hrs.