Dummy police will catch Bangkok traffic offenders red-handed next month

webfact

I only see police in groups at checkpoints along the main roads. When they are alone they never do anything, whatever illegal activity happens right in front of them.

Also i have never seen a policecar on patrol in Bangkok. Oh yes, one time during Songkran and they gave us a fine for driving through red light which we really did'nt do.

So from now on many more cars will drive without licenseplates because the camera's can't get them....

And i agree, it's very hard to find motorcycles without helmets or driving against traffic, they really need computer and videosystems for that. whistling.gifwhistling.gif so they can still sit in their airconditioned booths.

Thailand finally realized that 'dummies' are more capable and motivated than the BIB. Oh, and smarter too! Certainly says a lot about law enforcement in Thailand. thumbsup.gif

:cheesy: I knew it!!! :cheesy: No time at all- Right on the very first post some wizard of wit making a 'dummy' pun back on the cops! But hey, deep thinking there fellah- Must've taken hours for you to come up with the idea :cheesy: Oh yeah and "Certainly says a lot about law enforcememt in Thailand." It says that the police here use technology to assist them just as virtually every other police force on the planet! :thumbsup: Ooh I am tempted to use the 'D' word here :P

The automatic vehicle detection and analysis system can detect the vehicle's licence plate by using a sensor to locate and read the licence number in the picture, and can also identify the brand, colour and type of the offending vehicle, she said.

It is called a camera with some recognition software.

This is a major attack on the income of the BIB, it cannot be bribed or threatened. Although central revenue will love this innovation as the rivers of gold that will flow from these dummies will get their attention.

Its really flash for cash so will be interesting to see how its enforced (ie fines paid) in aus we get 21 days to pay they get 60 days to pay , seems plenty of time to get new plates to keep on keeping on or they will see just how many cars are unregistered .. if it works what a huge wind fall for them