PM Prayut urging public to trust legal system

webfact

PM urging public to trust legal system

PNPOL580325001000802_25032015_020208.jpg

BANGKOK, 25 March 2015 (NNT)-Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is urging those opposing the justice system to have faith in it.

According to the Prime Minister, legal cases involving politicians must be handled under the Thai legal procedures. He said many of those lambasting the integrity of the system have violated the law themselves.

He encouraged them to prove their innocence before the court instead of doing so outside the justice system.

On the economic front, the Prime Minister said it would be impossible to restore the Thai economy in a short period of time, and that the government is currently considering both internal and external factors as part of its economic restoration plan. The transportation routes between Thailand and other ASEAN nations will be constructed to increase market channels for Thai products.

General Prayut also urged the media to report the news constructively as it could have much bearing on national security. He said he would ask the Thai Journalist Association to monitor news publications and encourage the media to adhere to media ethics when reporting the news.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-25 footer_n.gif

Ahh... those proclaiming their innocence on Facebook as well as those who point to the guilt of others. "How can I be guilty? I have a thousand likes? How could he be innocence? I have two thousand followers. Therefore; he must be guilty."

I agree with the PM. The court of public opinion swings both ways and rarely if ever is privy to the facts.

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 1

Show us the system can be trusted. Trust has to be earned.

All those inactive posts do not earn our trust. Do like Lee Kuan Yew, where a corrupt minister was caught and later committed suicide due to shame.

Not like Thailand, retiring in luxury across the border.

According to the Prime Minister, legal cases involving politicians must be handled under the Thai legal procedures. He said many of those lambasting the integrity of the system have violated the law themselves.

Yes the defamation laws are always at the ready to prosecute anyone who dare question or criticize a system with a history of unabated corruptions.

He encouraged them to prove their innocence before the court instead of doing so outside the justice system.

It's it the job of the prosecutor to prove guilt and persuade the judge and jury of it? You know the concept of innocent until found guilty or is that not the way it works in Thailand. If not then every citizen is a criminal until they can prove their innocence. Must be a mandate under Thainess that is lost on me.

General Prayut also urged the media to report the news constructively as it could have much bearing on national security. He said he would ask the Thai Journalist Association to monitor news publications and encourage the media to adhere to media ethics when reporting the news.

So print what we say or else; is that the mandate set out by the junta? Whatever happened to the support of democracy on which freedom of the press are the very pillars? Ethics ... in Thailand?

• Like 2

Is he referring to the civilian court system or the military courts that are trying civilians? Either way I don't have a lot of trust.

I've seen this before, so whether it is yet another re posted 'so as to attract more clicks', I'm not sure. As I was unsure before as to whether he was referring to his Competitors In Power, or the well being of Thailand's citizenry, er, subjects. I'm guessing the former.

If you are successful at selling the country this, then walking on water will be a doddle.

I suppose that you are right in your analogy. I'd say it's as possible to apply his concepts here as it is to any Western democracy.

But, if you don't ask you don't get. So he asked.

Have faith in the "legal system"? Shouldn't be too difficult in a country where the majority believe in ghosts and evil spirits.

Interesting point. So in a country with deep seated beliefs in what is not real,

then believing in the " justice" system logically should be a piece of cake...

There is a justice system in place here, but it is all about protecting the wealthy,

and has little or nothing to do with justice for all people. Oops have I just violated

the law by speaking my mind ?

• Like 1

Is he referring to the civilian court system or the military courts that are trying civilians? Either way I don't have a lot of trust.

I've seen this before, so whether it is yet another re posted 'so as to attract more clicks', I'm not sure. As I was unsure before as to whether he was referring to his Competitors In Power, or the well being of Thailand's citizenry, er, subjects. I'm guessing the former.

Yes, but you're still guessing jpeg... It's clear what he said. Trust the legal system. Yingluck was just cleared of violating campaigning on government funds. Now the EC is not a court, but it reviewed the evidence and found her innocent. Whether or not she will be cleared of other charges or be found guilty we will have to wait and see. His problem is that he is governing a nation that can't see beyond their next text message.

• Like 1

Having faith in the sun coming up tomorrow is easy because as long as I've been alive it always has... in fact I don't have to "believe" in it, I KNOW it! Of course, if it was random in it's action I might need to be encouraged to "have faith".

Have faith in the "legal system"? Shouldn't be too difficult in a country where the majority believe in ghosts and evil spirits.

Interesting point. So in a country with deep seated beliefs in what is not real,

There is a justice system in place here, but it is all about protecting the wealthy,

and has little or nothing to do with justice for all people. Oops have I just violated

Can you name a country where the wealthy don't fare better in the justice system?

Don't even think about Oz, where a footballer has been allowed to plea bargain 4 counts of trafficking cocaine to possession, and been handed a fine tiny in comparison to his income and NO CONVICTION RECORDED..

You said it one word. "beliefs." You're belief is that it will never work. You could be right, but still you're a believer in something. Get it?

PM urging public to trust legal system

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

more proof that he understands nothing of a free society and real justice... no surprise there... coffee1.gif