Co-location Providers In Thailand?

A_Traveller

All,

Please be gentle with me, it's my first time.......

I've been trying to find providers of either co-located or dedicated internet servers [root access, able to run Cron etc.] for a possible client in Thailand. However, I'm having little joy in this quest.

Any one advise whom I should contact, and even better, anyone using such a service here.

I do wonder if this is a wise course of action, given the connectivity issues one sees, so any advice on that score would be most welcome.

TIA

Stick with people like 3ix.org who have farang representation in Thailand and are only a phonecall away.

There may be others. :o

I think 3ix's datacenter are in the US tho, if the OP intends to do a local project it might be better to find something that is hosted in Thailand.

Hi,

First thanks for the replies thus far.

I had spoken with some providers here before posting, but found that either there's confusion about what co-location is [to be fair not just here] or the business model is providng 'standard' shared website hosting. Also the term 'local internet' was oft used which lead me to a concern about performance of a site hosted 'here' but being accessed from outside the Kingdom. Is that a resonable concern? Any first hand experience to relate?

I'm ambivalent to physical location, but I have the impression that the possible client would be happier to be 'in' Thailand, though site would be a .com. I respect that, hence my 'quest'.

Regards

For reliability and cost you can't beat US and Europe.

For local speed (traffic originating in Thailand) you will probably get better performance here - when it works, but the way things generally works (not) here I wouldn't put anything serious on it.

Look at Thaivisa, they decided for Singapore....