Msn Messenger And Huawei Mt 800

fredself

hello

i tried many things but it said that my firewall is blocking msn messenger and windows live messenger as well error code 80048820

error code 80048412...i dont have problems surfing the web or yahoo messenger or dowloading files...my modem is a huawei mt 800,,how can i allow msn messenger??

please help

thanks a lot

hello

i tried many things but it said that my firewall is blocking msn messenger and windows live messenger as well error code 80048820

error code 80048412...i dont have problems surfing the web or yahoo messenger or dowloading files...my modem is a huawei mt 800,,how can i allow msn messenger??

please help

thanks a lot

Do you have an old messenger still installed? This is what happened to me. There was a really old version i tried to upgrade. It allowed for me to download and install but not upgrade. So the 2 messengers were competing and the older version won. If this is the case. There is a program (google it) that will remove the old version. Then try and run the newer version. May still get an error but then click on fix(or a word similar) this should help. BTW i have the same modem.

• 2 weeks later...

Open a Internet browser (MS Internet Explorer or Firefox will work) and type in the URL line the address of your Huawei Smartax MT-800 router, this is probably 192.168.1.1

A pop-up window appears asking you to login, by default the login and password is “admin” (this is not default for routers from True Corporation ADSL services, if you cannot login I can give you the login and password for Huawei routers bought from True/TA or Asianet)

In the menu you can see, after you login, several options in the menu on the left side. One option is “Advanced Function” sub options in that menu are “FireWall” and “IP Filter” this two options limit or block the connectivity of you router, study this options for what is being blocked.

After you know what is being blocked send me this information and I can help you to change this to a setting what surely works with your MS Messenger.

• 2 weeks later...
Open a Internet browser (MS Internet Explorer or Firefox will work) and type in the URL line the address of your Huawei Smartax MT-800 router, this is probably 192.168.1.1

A pop-up window appears asking you to login, by default the login and password is “admin” (this is not default for routers from True Corporation ADSL services, if you cannot login I can give you the login and password for Huawei routers bought from True/TA or Asianet)

In the menu you can see, after you login, several options in the menu on the left side. One option is “Advanced Function” sub options in that menu are “FireWall” and “IP Filter” this two options limit or block the connectivity of you router, study this options for what is being blocked.

After you know what is being blocked send me this information and I can help you to change this to a setting what surely works with your MS Messenger.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/por...N_Messenger.htm

i tried this but it s not working,,can it be a conflict with software like emule?where can i see in ip filter or frirewall if it s blocking or not

thanks