For the knowledgeable

I have been working for a Thai company whose calendar tax year is at the end of March. My contract is now finished and I have calculated that the company has paid too much tax on my behalf

In simple terms who, how and when - do I go about getting it back?

Thank you in view of your advise

Stefan

Firstly, the tax year here runs from 1 JAn to the 31 Dec. The revenue department will look at your entire earnings from this time, ie you income tax liabilty.

you need an offical letter or statement from your company outlining how much they have paid you and how much has been witheld in tax.

You should then trot down to your local revenue department office, with your tax ID number and talk to them. I'm sure, other factors need to be considered, such as if you have undertaken any work subsequently, as the Revenue Dept will want to take into account your entire earnings for the tax year.

If a refund is due, they'll tell you. They'll probably take a little while (weeks) to process it.

If you are still working now, then most likely, you'll have to wait till the new years so that your tax liability (and hence exact refund) can be calculated.