Ducati Thailand

nikster

We keep hearing (and seeing) that Ducati Thailand is doing well, but how well or what that means was a bit unclear to me. 2014 sales figures speak a pretty clear language though: Thailand is doing extremely well.

The US remains the most important market - but Thailand is 1/3rd of US sales now and growing. More Ducatis were sold in Thailand than in the UK, Australia, Japan.

from: http://ministryofsuperbike.com/malaysia/ducati-hit-record-high-in-2014-with-45100-bikes-sold/

North American sales performance was in line with that of 2013, with Mexico experiencing 8% growth. The U.S. continues to be Ducati’s top market, with 8,804 units delivered to customers. Despite difficult market conditions, sales in South America increased considerably, especially in Brazil (+ 74%, 1,174 bikes sold); this was achieved thanks to considerable expansion of the dealership network in that country and the market introduction of the full model range with local CKD production.

In Europe sales slowed a little (-3% with 19,743 bikes), mostly due to challenging conditions on several markets. However, while sales in Italy fell short of those attained the previous year (-14% with 4,284 bikes), other European countries were almost stable, with the UK actually experiencing significant double-digit growth (+16% with 2,742 bikes).
Double-digit growth was also seen in Asia, where Ducati achieved an all-time sales record (+11% with 5,787 bikes). Performance was particularly strong in Thailand (+22% with 3,057 units) and China where sales volumes, with respect to 2013, almost doubled (+97%).
Ducati also succeeded in boosting sales in Australia (+13% with 2,132 bikes) and strengthening its performance in Japan (+1% with 2,558 units).
  • Like 1

Yes that is very impressive sales figures for Thailand and WW.

I see many Monsters in Pattaya, the 795/796 seems to fit Thais well and it's relatively cheap and now the Scrambler is here too.

2 expats guys in my village ride Dukes.

Dukes everywhere in Bkk. Just wait till the scrambler has been around for a while. I expect a few of them will be sold. Small but good HP, and a good price for a brand name

Ducati makes excellent bikes and have a good service organization put together to back them up here in Thailand. When Ducati first started assembling Monsters here in Thailand they were one of the first big bike manufacturers to do so and avoid the high import tax, now that they have much more competition I doubt that they will be able to sustain that 22% growth rate although I think that they will continue to do well in the Thailand market.

^ Totally agree. Competition is increasing - especially from other high end brands like BMW and also Triumph. Maybe (hopefully) KTM will come at some point too. I don't think they'll sustain the growth rate either but they did conclusively prove there's a sizable market for big bikes in Thailand.

The Thai bike market is more interesting than the UK, Japan, or Australia! SE Asia as a whole is going to pass the USA ...

Ducati quit being Ducati when they joined the Triumph club.....HD fell off.....but we bought it back.....so enjoy your "Ducati" and your MG.........As they have nothing to do with Nation pride......its now about the jing. .....what y got between your legs is a copy sell out.....I HATE GLOBILISATION.....the new era will be the Era of the Rat Bikes.

Ducati quit being Ducati when they joined the Triumph club.....HD fell off.....but we bought it back.....so enjoy your "Ducati" and your MG.........As they have nothing to do with Nation pride......its now about the jing. .....what y got between your legs is a copy sell out.....I HATE GLOBILISATION.....the new era will be the Era of the Rat Bikes.

Same can be said about Lamborghini and Porsche once they joined vw group. Ducati is in the same boat under the same umbrella.

Get over it. Ducati has become a more reliable machine but they have lost their passion as did everything else Italian.