Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

On 8/25/2019 at 10:05 PM, skujic said:

How's anyone managed to escape the error that comes up while registering on the app? I've tried it few times...on iOS - not sure if it makes any difference. Anyone managed to use it on iOS without the error when registering?

It finally worked for me on Android. Seems the app was recently updated. Now the error messages are in English. I filled out all the fields and clicked Register and got an generic error back. Fortunately, with this new app the fields stay filled in, so I just kept re-clicking Register. After a dozen or so tries it gave a different error, password needs a letter and a number. So with a good password I finally got the Register to work. Took about a week for the activation email to arrive. Now I'm registered and awaiting my next due date for 90 day report to try the app out.

Fellas,

Need your advice. For the first time I tried to submit my TM47 online and it was rejected with the following comment from the immigration officer: กก.3

P.S.: I did all my TM30 reporting correctly and renewed my visa for another year in July.. so I cannot think of anything I have done wrong.

Do you have any idea what this could possibly mean?

I checked the form three times before I submitted it; all personal information are correct, however, the only thing I wasn't sure was the checkbox which mentioned something like "special service" - I do not recall its exact wording. My visa was issued at One Stop Service Center in Chamchuree Square. I am not sure if this would need me to tick the "special service" box!?

Anyhow, I can no longer resubmit through the online system as I have gone beyond the allotted time frame for online submissions. I had one colleague in my office call the number mentioned on the TM47 form, however, no one picked up the phone (and we called several times throughout the day).

This is all very disappointing. 

With Regards,

Sambora

Edited by Sambora

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I suspect your report was sent to the wrong office.

I assume you got email informing you that it was not approved or did it say it was rejected.

Actually, both! When searching for past submissions in the "check the status of your application", then the overview says "not approved". However, when opening the specific form, then it says "rejected" in the top right hand corner.

So you guess that it was sent to the wrong office because I did not check the "special service" checkbox?

If the details are at all changed will it definitely be rejected?

Mine will only require a change in the apartment number, but will be the same building. I just want to plan ahead for the hike to Chaeng Wattana. I suppose it must do because presumably a 'change of address' form will also need to be filled even if it is the same building.

On 9/8/2019 at 9:26 AM, The Snark said:

Well I was given one possible explanation for the on line 90 day reporting to fail.

It's a partial system with restricted access. New applicants, recent arrivals are entered into database A. This database allows access to apply. Other applicants that have been in country long term are in a separate database or have restricted access to protect the system from hacking.

It's pretty typical of a data entry system that has been cobbed together piecemeal and is not yet fully implemented.

As a comparison, take a patient database in a hospital. Admitting can make a new entry but the rest of the terminals can't. Additions to entries are further restricted as they have become protected medical records. Admitting cannot access the extended database or alter it in any way. But they can open a new record on the same patient which gets parented to the initial DB entry. A hierarchical system.

It appears that immigration is slowly moving towards a full system, but if some of you will recall, the initial on line reporting was restricted to Microsoft Internet Explorer. It was not a robust multi-platform DB. And it appears immigration is still trying to piecemeal that SQL DB together. This would explain why some locales or persons can access and renew why others can't.

I was correct. I just got my mailed in 90 back as rejected referring me to the local Imm office. So they only have regional databases. If you aren't in the Bkk DB, whether on line or mail in, you will get rejected. Very likely the on line and the mail in DBs aren't shared either.

Edited by The Snark

I have been successfully using the on-line system to submit my 90 day report for over two years. However, my passport expires next June (the same month as my extension renewal) so I guess my information contained on the database will then be "out of date" and I shall not be able to continue to report on-line (unless things change or I leave the country). Has anyone had any experience of this?

21 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Has anyone had any experience of this?

You will not be able to do one after you get a new passport until you leave and re-enter the country.

The database the system checks after you complete page 1 is from your most recent entry the country which means your new passport number will not be in it.

I have the same problem and was told by immigration to do a border hop to get a new entry if I wanted to do online reporting.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I have the same problem and was told by immigration to do a border hop to get a new entry if I wanted to do online reporting.

This is yet another major flaw in immigration procedures. It's a database, just add the bloody entry as in the old TM6. Same with changing visa classes etc. Makes absolutely no sense to leave the country for something so trivial.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Yorkie said:

I have been successfully using the on-line system to submit my 90 day report for over two years. However, my passport expires next June (the same month as my extension renewal) so I guess my information contained on the database will then be "out of date" and I shall not be able to continue to report on-line (unless things change or I leave the country). Has anyone had any experience of this?

AFAIK, this anomaly still exists, and if affects the ability to file a 90-day report online (web or app). It also affects one's ability to get through the online TM8 appointment booking system.

I got a new passport recently, officially transferred the stamps at CW and was unable to use the 90-day online systems, new PP disconnected from exisitng TM6, I guess?

I have no idea why Immigration cannot realign the new passport with the current TM6? But suspect some sort of old code/disparate system issue?

I did my 90-day report in person yesterday at CW - also got my new multi-reentry permit. AFAIK, the only way to get back to being able to use the 90 day online system is to exit and reenter the country. For me, this is not worth a special trip as I have two trips coming up over the 3 ~ 5 months.

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

This is yet another major flaw in immigration procedures. It's a database, just add the bloody entry as in the old TM6. Same with changing visa classes etc. Makes absolutely no sense to leave the country for something so trivial.

IMHO , this is up there with the doing of the one year extension not resetting your 90 day clock. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I have no idea why Immigration cannot realign the new passport with the current TM6? But suspect some sort of old code/disparate system issue?

Immigration cannot access the database the system checks when you complete page one of online reporting.

It is automatically generated when you do an entry to the country. The only way for it to be updated is to do a new entry.

On 9/21/2019 at 7:59 AM, ubonjoe said:

Immigration cannot access the database the system checks when you complete page one of online reporting.

It is automatically generated when you do an entry to the country. The only way for it to be updated is to do a new entry.

Surely the updating of the database is effected by the Immigration Officer at the point of entry. Yet Immigration cannot access the database?

Sounds like a bit of a lash up to me.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Surely the updating of the database is effected by the Immigration Officer at the point of entry. Yet Immigration cannot access the database?

The officer enters the info in the system they use. As soon as the entries are completed the relevant info is transferred to the online reporting database. Once the info is transferred it is not possible for it to be changed.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Sounds like a bit of a lash up to me.

It's very likely a case of missing functionality to manually insert TM6 entries, or inland IOs don't have the permissions to do them. I haven't seen an actual TM6 entry in their PC, but I suspect it's just the TM6 number and your passport number bound together with the timestamp. I haven't seen the IO writing much in at the keyboard when entering. A no brainer to add that to the system if it's missing.

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The officer enters the info in the system they use. As soon as the entries are completed the relevant info is transferred to the online reporting database. Once the info is transferred it is not possible for it to be changed.

Ugh, you mean the online TM47 db is a separate instance where entries from immigration system are batch inserted into? Zeesh.. talk about lack of integration. Has anybody seen what software immigration uses, SAP or Oracle or something home spun and chickenwired&bondoed together? IT from the stone ages..

Edited by DrTuner

8 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

It's very likely a case of missing functionality to manually insert TM6 entries, or inland IOs don't have the permissions to do them. I haven't seen an actual TM6 entry in their PC, but I suspect it's just the TM6 number and your passport number bound together with the timestamp. I haven't seen the IO writing much in at the keyboard when entering. A no brainer to add that to the system if it's missing.

Reference the "inland IOs" our border IOs (Chong Chom) are employees of the Immigration office in Kab Cheong (just 17 km up the road) where our 90 day reports are processed.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Until a new entry?

Which indicates that an IO could re-enter the info aligning the original TM6 with the new passport. I'm no IT expert but it doesn't sound like rocket science to me.

TiT.

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 1:33 PM, DrTuner said:

Which database? Central Bkk, regional, Port of Entry and sometimes a local. They are not all interconnected.

6 hours ago, The Snark said:

Which database? Central Bkk, regional, Port of Entry and sometimes a local. They are not all interconnected.

Does anybody happen to have insider knowledge on this? What system is in use, is it distributed or centralized? It's not like it's a complicated thing now is it, pretty basic stuff.

OK, I tried it and upon click the Submit button, the page went completely blank (same URL). Tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Tried several months ago with the same results. Interestingly, there is no choice for simply UNITED STATES in the Nationality, just UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS. Typical Immigration Department quality control. Maybe they'll get this right in the next 10 years. As several people already pointed out, this should be a breeze to program -- just a database query and update. Of course, that assumes a professional was working on it and not some friend of a friend of my son's girlfriend or something like that.

13 minutes ago, Hurricane51 said:

OK, I tried it and upon click the Submit button, the page went completely blank (same URL). Tried both Firefox and IE with the same results. Tried several months ago with the same results. Interestingly, there is no choice for simply UNITED STATES in the Nationality, just UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS. Typical Immigration Department quality control. Maybe they'll get this right in the next 10 years. As several people already pointed out, this should be a breeze to program -- just a database query and update. Of course, that assumes a professional was working on it and not some friend of a friend of my son's girlfriend or something like that.

The blank page can mean you have a pop up blocker that is keeping you from seeing a message to contact your local office.  That means your record could not be found.

If you used the above for your nationality that is why you would of gotten the message.

You have to use American on the drop down menu.

image.png.404350ae50074f65e5023fb8e397488f.png

Double check that you entered every required field correctly. Best to only complete the required fields marked with a *.

Ahhh, American, as in North, Central, or South American. Now it doesn't give me a completely blank page, but one with a single line of text:

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

That sounds encouraging, as the last time I asked I got a vague answer and then some pointing in the general direction of "out of this room".

I'll show up there as I've done a million times before. I got one tip about a year ago: Ask someone with a much lower number to take your passport to the counter as well. Offer him whatever financial incentive he requires (and you are desperate enough to part with). It's the same as those reporting services they offer but you keep your passport in sight.

10 hours ago, Hurricane51 said:

For further information regarding The 90-day Notification Report Service, please contact the Immigration Branch Office in your residence area.

That sounds encouraging, as the last time I asked I got a vague answer and then some pointing in the general direction of "out of this room".

I got that alert as well after pressing Submit. So does that mean all is working and all okay? (it just refereshes back to page 1 for Personal Information for me.

1 hour ago, Hawkman said:

I got that alert as well after pressing Submit. So does that mean all is working and all okay? (it just refereshes back to page 1 for Personal Information for me.

Yes it is working. The message means your record could not be found in the database it checks to confirm you exist in the system.

It can be an error in one of the required fields you completed. Double check everything is correct. Best to only complete the required fields marked with a *.

Have you gotten a new passport since you last entered the country?

Well I tried and tried but I still get the same message. I renewed my passport 3 years ago, last entered the country 2 years ago. The last time I reported, about half the people I spoke to were unable to report online. It's been 4 years since this "service" was announced -- clearly not enough time for them. And they probably justify not adding more clerks in Bangkok (Chang Wattana) by telling themselves the online service will ease the overload.