Which country do you think produces the best tasting Beer?

I'm not much of a beer drinker, much more enjoy the single malts, but one company hitting the market by storm right now is brewdog, grant it they have an excellent marketing plan and using it to full potential, since they only started up just a few years back in an industrial estate in my home town in the NE of Scotland, check the link

https://www.brewdog.com/about/history

Edited by jonnyscot

I lived in Portland Oregon for 35 years and what a treat that was for beer. My steady research led me to cherish a good IPA.

This article says there are over 70 brewpubs in the city and that Oregon is the microbrew capital of the world. To my taste, Bud is like making love in a canoe. <deleted> close to water.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-bortz/bottoms-up-drink-your-way_b_1217263.html?

Nobody can say what the best beer is,,,,,,,,It comes down to taste,,,,,some like XXXX,,,,some like Heineken,,,,some like Trappiste ,,some like Grolsch,,some like Paleo,,,,some like Leo,,Who gives a shit.

• Like 1

The best Beer I have ever tasted was in Bali,that was BINTANG BEER and I would love to see it at the markets here in Thailand.

Bintang is Heineken. The brewery was started during the Dutch occupation of East Indies. rolleyes.gif

I'm just waiting for someone to say " America - Budweiser " lol

America does make some excellent beer. however Budwieser is not one of them.

My favorite is Moose Drool Ale by Big Sky Brewing Co., Rogue makes a really nice red and a smoked porter. Pyramid has an amber which is not bottled, only kegged and sold at their restaurants. It is charged with nitrogen and pours like Guinness. The list goes on, most of which the masses have never heard of or tasted as many can only be obtained locally within a limited distribution area.

Chacun à son goût and it is as silly to argue about taste as it is to try and impose one's taste on others... In this way beer may well be compared to religion... and I am an atheist!

Lots of great brews available around the world but even the ones considered inferiour by many still find their afocinados. Czech beer is top notch and Czechs are world champions in drinking beer, but apart from the two most famous Czech brands it is little known outside the country. German beer is good and has somewhat more variety, along with a strict self imposed quality rule. Again, most German beers are not available outside Germany, and in Thailand you may find not more than maybe a dozen different German beers - not necessarily all the best available and by the time they find the consumer in Thailand not any more the freshest either. Wherever I travel I like to drink the local brew, and so far I have always found something to please my tastebuds - usually better than expensive imported "not so fresh" stuff. I only ever got sick twice from inferior quality "local" beer, once in Holland and once in the US - when I had beer from 2 of the world's largest and most famous breweries....

No doubts about this subject.

BELGIUM BEER. Not that i am from belgium but there every abbey brews its own beer. Delicious. fermenting on the bottle And they have hundreds of abbys who do this.

If you are just talking about pilsener, Germany is number one in my opinion. But again Belgium is the country with the biggest divercety of beer. Just look on google pictures for belgium beer and you know it.

My saliva is running already.

I cast my vote on three countries (in alphabethic order): Belgium, Ceszh Republic, and Germany as they all produces top-class beers of different sorts.

Way down the list, close to the bottom actually, are so-called beers for the USA; really terrible stuff.

Chacun à son goût and it is as silly to argue about taste as it is to try and impose one's taste on others... In this way beer may well be compared to religion... and I am an atheist! Lots of great brews available around the world but even the ones considered inferiour by many still find their afocinados. Czech beer is top notch and Czechs are world champions in drinking beer, but apart from the two most famous Czech brands it is little known outside the country. German beer is good and has somewhat more variety, along with a strict self imposed quality rule. Again, most German beers are not available outside Germany, and in Thailand you may find not more than maybe a dozen different German beers - not necessarily all the best available and by the time they find the consumer in Thailand not any more the freshest either. Wherever I travel I like to drink the local brew, and so far I have always found something to please my tastebuds - usually better than expensive imported "not so fresh" stuff. I only ever got sick twice from inferior quality "local" beer, once in Holland and once in the US - when I had beer from 2 of the world's largest and most famous breweries....

I prefer beer for religion.

Nobody drinks Budweiser anymore, at least not in the US. This is not 1978. There's Anchor Steam, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Bell's and those are just a few large breweries. Several hundred different beers are brewed in and around a minor city and thousands around a major one. You could drink a different beer in the U.S for every beer you ever had and not run out, even if you stuck to a certain variety like 'Belgian White' or IPA. Google it.

Nobody drinks Budweiser anymore, at least not in the US. This is not 1978. There's Anchor Steam, Dogfish Head, Lagunitas, Bell's and those are just a few large breweries. Several hundred different beers are brewed in and around a minor city and thousands around a major one. You could drink a different beer in the U.S for every beer you ever had and not run out, even if you stuck to a certain variety like 'Belgian White' or IPA. Google it.

When I was a kid I once tried rolling rock, quite enjoyed it but I'm not sure if they even sell it here in the UK anymore

Germany - nowhere else in the world you have a greater choice of beer....

Belgium has a much wider variety clap2.gif

In Belgium, about 140 breweries make some 1,000 different types of beer, including specialties

In Germany 1,379 commercial breweries make between 5,000 and 6,000 different beers - with no specialties in the Belgian sense as the addition of some ingredients used in Belgium would not be allowed in Germany (chemicals, preservatives, flavouring, fruit juice etc.)

These are simple facts anybody can google...

It must be Thailand...because whenever I see a foreigner here he is drinking Leo,Chang or Singha...

I cannot just click the "Like This" tab and sign off, It would be an understatement.

Cheers, Crazy Chef, I toast you with my Chang Classic, At just below room temperature, great taste.burp.gifdrunk.gifcrazy.gif

I think you have never been to Belgium. Without any doubt greatest variety and the best natural beers in the world. No crappy chemicals at all involved. Unlike the UK.

Den

• Like 2

the OP's question is the equivalent of "in which country is a piece of string longer?"

and choice does not mean quality. moreover, it depends on an individual's taste which brand he/she might consider "best".

i drank excellent beers in Nigeria, Botswana and South Africa.

if we are talking about that part of the world Naam

Windhoek lager and if I am feeling cidery.. Savannah dry..thumbsup.gif

Savannah has been also my best friend at my time there...

Savannah dry – It is Dry but you can drink it

Windhoek Draft is also an excellent beer after a day in the Namib