Where to buy: Buckets Bungs n' Grommets :)

Ungabunga

Hi guys,

perhaps not the most exciting of threads to grace the Pattaya forum admittedly, but here's hoping that some kind folks can help me source these items locally in or around Pattaya if possible!

Large (food grade LDPE, PP, PET) containers of any shape with a lid preferably, with capacity upto approx 5 gallons/23 L

post-30245-0-35832400-1427516364_thumb.j

Large carboys. I often see the drinking water supply trucks with these on (can you buy from them or are there shops selling these?)

post-30245-0-85195700-1427517485_thumb.j

Rubber bungs

post-30245-0-71674900-1427516300_thumb.j

Rubber Grommets

post-30245-0-96139400-1427517130_thumb.j

Just a note to say that I have already looked in a couple of shops that I thought may have these items, namely Thai Watsadu and Homeworks, but without success. I accept that there are perhaps others but haven't checked as of yet, plus I bet there's a whole host of grommet shops out there somewhere with no signage smile.png Anyway, no major dramas for the bungs or grommets, I suppose I can order online as they're small, but the containers are a bit awkward in that regard, so would really like to find them here somewhere if possible.

Many thanks & regards

Just an idea but buckets,bungs and grommets maybe try the smaller hardware shops - Pattaya Klang just up and opposite Foodland and going towards Beach Rd on the same side one in the cut through from Klang to 3rd Road opposite TOT and another a bit further down. Also the bigger hardware store on the corner of Lengkee and third.

Suggest you buy the water containers full from one of the companies and then just keep the empties - lose the deposit.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.. I found this post while on a quest to buy brass grommets so I can add anchor points to a heavy duty tarp I plan on using for a sun shade.. If you are still looking for the 5 gallon water containers they can be purchased at the military exchange in Sattahip on the Marine side of the navy base.. Anyone can purchase items there and they have quite an assortment of tools, car parts, bicycle parts and unusual hardware items plus lots of plastic containers including the water containers. I used to work for the US military and have purchased many items there with no hassle what so ever.. The place is open to the public..

To get there turn right into the main gate the one with the big sign as you drive down sukhumvit from Pattaya.. just inside the gate is a school and then the first guard shack which you can ignore even though there are guards there they will not stop you.. just keep going straight for about 1.5 kilometers or less and the exchange will be on your right tucked back behind a large parking lot that is used as a market in the evening. It is a few buildings cobbled together Thai style with smaller food stalls and such out front. I also believe there is a stop light there now at the 4 way where you would turn right ... If you come to the turn around with the big military marine statue you have gone to far so circle around and head back from hence you came as right after the turn around is another gate that they will stop you at as you need a sticker on your car or permission to go past that gate..

In the mean time if anyone knows where I can buy brass or metal grommet kit please reply. I don't remember seeing them at the exchange I mentioned but since I did not have a need for them before I could have just not seen them as the place is packed with an amazing amount of stuff.. Thanks..

• 3 weeks later...

I found out you can buy a small brass grommet kit complete with grommets and tools at True Value Hardware on Sukhumvit just past Therpasit road.. The grommets where to small for my needs but they did had larger size but not the tool to install them..TIT.. There is also a place as you drive up Sukhumvit towards Pattaya Nua road on the left hand side before you get to the fly over.. They sell shade awnings and have many different size grommets plus the tools for mashing the two pieces together.. They will also install the grommets for you.. I have yet to install any grommets on my tarps as I am trying one last time without them.. FYI.. I am using a heavy duty tarp as a sunshade installed in a similar way as a sail shade.. after a few failures followed by more Internet research my latest iteration looks pretty good but has yet to be tested by a major rain storm.. If it fails the test then I will try again with grommets installed..