Sorry, we're full

Old Guy

I used to hold in awe those restaurants in Europe where you had to book months in advance for a table. Now it seems this is spreading to Bangkok. Last week-end I tried to book a table at a buffet in Ploenchit and was told they were full. Same to a similar buffet in Asoke. This week-end I tried at both again. Asoke could do one table only if I made an immediate booking but the one in Ploenchit explained they were fully booked for the next two weeks.

Can someone tell me what is happening ? Usually you could just walk in and get served. It is after all not the high season. Puzzled.

Childrens' holidays. Families pai theeow in advance of Songkran. Same reason why others are reporting roads are full!

We just got back from Chao Lao beach in Chantaburi. Hotels were packed with few rooms available. Parking lots were full of big tour buses. And resorts were full of school children.

We just got back from Chao Lao beach in Chantaburi. Hotels were packed with few rooms available. Parking lots were full of big tour buses. And resorts were full of school children.----craig3365

That cant be right Craig...tourism is down the pan...... Thailand is on its last legs, ...TAT is lying about everything & no one wants to visit here anymore except Chinese ---Just ask the posters (Who don't live here) They will give you the correct gen....coffee1.gif

I am returning from London--a family death--really difficult to get a flight on EVA Air (my preferred airline) they pushed the price right up for a 1 way trip. & 3 out of 7 days booked out on all levels this week---next week 4 out of 7 days completely booked out. Other airlines very heavy bookings for BKK also.

Departure Arrival Flight & Aircraft Stop(s) Duration One Way 21:35 LONDON , Heathrow Terminal 2 15:05 Wed 02 Apr BANGKOK , BANGKOK BR68 77W 0 11h30
Edited by oxo1947
  • Like 1

i have a favourite restaurant on the river on a Friday eveningI like to go to, I have found it good to have a influential Thai friend whose name to drop at the appropriate time, but I do make the reservation in advance, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

... I've read that there are HUGE numbers of Chinese tourists coming to Thailand now - I know there are hundreds of busloads of them in Pattaya and Bangkok at any one time now - and they love the large restaurants and shows. And it's not a pretty sight (they don't travel well - mostly noisy, rude etc).

In most instances bookings are for the likes of birthday celebrations/office parties, so yeah getting more and more difficult.

Guessing tour companies/buses maybe Chinese group tours....

Definitely not Chinese tourist groups, their to cheap Charlie to book these places..

What I noticed is a increase of Thai birthday parties that's being booked at these places.

Gee,........Dummy didn't you pass a few baht to the waiter? I'm sure arrangement could of been made. I myself

would of gone some other place. When in a High profile area such as Bangkok, always have a 2nd and 3rd option available when the 1st place is jammed pack.