French tourist killed on Koh Samui

Thaivisa News

Koh Samui, Surat Thani:- A 68-year-old French woman was killed by a speeding big-bike motorcycle on Koh Sami road late Friday night, police said.

Pol Lt Yossakorn Thongnoon, an officer on duty of Bophud police station, was alerted of the accident at 00:30 am Saturday, shortly after the crash.

The police officer said the accident victim was later identified as Maria Josie Baldek.

Yossakorn and a medical team from the Samui Hospital rushed to the scene in Moo 1 village in Tambon Bophud. The accident happened in front of an electric appliance shop.

Police and rescuers of the foundation and medical officers found the body of the French woman lying on the middle of the road. Her left leg was cut off.

Lying about 20 meters away was a Honda CBR300 motorcycle with a license plate of Kor Por 0139. The motorcycle was completely damaged.

The rider of the motorcycle was identified as Jettiphan Yodsroy, 19. He was also injured and rescuers rushed him to the Samui Hospital.

Witnesses told police that the woman walked from her hotel room to have dinner. She then she crossed the road to return to her room on the opposite side.

Eyewitnesses told police that they saw Jettiphan speeding his motorcycle and hit the French woman.

The impact caused her left leg to be severed and she died instantly.

Following the crash, the motorcycle continued to move forward for about 20 meters before it stopped and Jettiphan was also injured.

Police will arrest and charge him with reckless riding of a motorcycle, causing death.

People work their WHOLE LIVES.....sweat for the man.....save, and save and save.......work more, stress more...

Then retire at 68 and on their first day in Thailand.................. (of course i'm not referring to this woman, I have no idea her story)

Life is way, way, way too short for all of us.

Enjoy today.....and tomorrow.

People work their WHOLE LIVES.....sweat for the man.....save, and save and save.......work more, stress more...

Then retire at 68 and on their first day in Thailand.................. (of course i'm not referring to this woman, I have no idea her story)

Life is way, way, way too short for all of us.

Enjoy today.....and tomorrow.

u can work 50 years till u drop dead, but if u cross the road without looking then u gonna die sooner especially in thailand, so if u cross the road u should look left and right?? in paradise europe!

if u go thailand it should be right and left cause they drive on the left side?? when u go to thailand u'r not in your paradise europe country nomore where everything is a luxury, even crossing the streets or whipping ur as here bacame a luxury and nobody even moves their neck nomore to cross the road cause the driver need to stop by law!, so pedestrians just abusing their rights!

even street dogs in thailand look right and left when it crosses, this is true ,not made up, ic it al the time, so if a dog can do it then sure people can too!!!!

don't think a thai guy is going to stop or even slow down if u cross the road, ur in a country where the law says " it's everyman for himself"!!

how many farang died in thailand just crossing the thai road, i remember a case from few years back when a whole dutch family got killed crossing thai road , mom, dad and child.

can u really blame the drivers in thai for this or blame the one that is crossing the road.

anyway if they educate their passengers on the aircraft to look when crossing the road IN THAILAND then i'm sure can safe MANY life!! they're on the plane 12 hours anyway so whats wrong with a short educational video about thailand! first starting with point 1--OPEN YOUR EYES CROSSING THE ROADS IN AMAZING THAILAND.

point 2-- be prepaired to be scammed in bangkok after just setting foot on their soil for 10 min., DON't use ATM machine in airport ( u know why!)

point3-- see that u receive EVERY penny when changing money in the airport, even if it's only 5 or 10 bath ( at the end it adds up for the thai exchanger/scammer)

point 4-- do not pay the taxi 50 bath in advance outside the arrival area for services u didn't get yet, instead take a cab outside the departure area on floor 2

point 5-- don't tell a thai you haven't got any money cause this can trick 2 possibilities --either they start laughing uncontollably or they get as angry as the green hulk.

point6 -- rent a room without a balcony or their is a chance u will join the pattaya flying club.

point 7-- be aware of yaba smoking motorbike taxi's or cabs or let's say... just be aware cause they all smoke yaba!

point8-- when ordering pappaya pokpok, don't forget to say hold the fermented fish, else u gonna spend vacation on ur toilet.

point 9-- when being asked loudly by police or immigration "WHAT U COME DO IN THAILAND!" be sure to answer "spending all my hard earned cash here !

point 10-- i leave it to you, any suggestions?

Poor woman!!

Walking home after dinner and getting killed by a speeding Thai idiot!!

By an idiot. Nationality makes no difference.

I'm sorry to tell you, but when it involves the number of deaths by moving vehicles, nationality does make a difference.

RIP French lady.

• Like 1

Poor woman!!

License plate Kor Por 0139 indicates to me that this particular idiot was Thai.

Poor woman!!

License plate Kor Por 0139 indicates to me that this particular idiot was Thai.
Wow, you are good. I have a Thai license plate on my truck to, and you know what? I'm not Thai.
  • Like 1

Wow, you are good. I have a Thai license plate on my truck to, and you know what? I'm not Thai.

I think that was an excuse to post again "idiot" and "Thai" in the same sentence.