Most Thais back new charter: CDC chief

Lite Beer

As has been explained repeatedly, the Thai voters knew that Yingluck would be receiving advice from Thaksin, she campaigned on the issue. They elected her knowing this. You clearly don't like it, but that doesn't mean it's undemocratic.

Clearly you want to derail discussion about a questionable poll conducted by the CDC showing 70% support for their work. Try to stay on-topic.

I'm on-topic and you seem to agree. Thai style democracy is what you look for and the CDC is working on that.

Personally I accept your explanation for what it's worth. May I remind you though, that justification is missing. A democratic system corrupted by a criminal fugitive who runs his country by proxy? You accept that? You want democracy? I think you don't know what democracy is.

"Thai style democracy is what you look for and the CDC is working on that."

All indications are that the CDC is working on non-democratic rule hiding behind a thin veneer of democracy, and I don't support that.

Since you reject election results you disagree with, you are the one who is unclear on what democracy is.

Much could be posted about criminals running Thailand, but censorship prevents it.

Thai style democracy as I said. That excludes having a fugitive criminal involved in politics, owning a political party, things like that. Sorry if that offends you. You may stay in your own democratic country were such things are no problem at all.

BTW you state I reject election results I don't agree with and based on your statement you deduct I don't know what democracy is. That's what you usually do, blame people for what you think.

"fugitive criminal" as opposed to people who stage coups and grant themselves amnesty. You clearly don't mind a certain type of criminal running the country.

Indications are that "Thai style democracy" will be elections for positions of little power, with real power held by unelected appointees. You call that democracy, I call it autocracy hiding behind a thin veneer of democracy.

You posted:

"A democratic system corrupted by a criminal fugitive who runs his country by proxy? You accept that? You want democracy? I think you don't know what democracy is."

The Thai people knew that was what they were voting for in the 2011 election, it was legal under the 2007 constitution written by the military after the 2006 coup, and I respect the clear preference expressed by the vote of the Thai people. You reject that vote. I certainly have reason to question your concept of democracy, considering your rejections of election results you don't like and your acceptance of a thoroughly undemocratic junta.

• Like 1