Play golf during Songkran

norhawk

You can play golf anywhere you want over Songkran, its not a big deal if you are not in the center of Pattaya. I live in Jomtien, just give yourself a little more time to get to the course. Siam, I would suggest you travel up the 7 and onto the 37 rather than go up Soi Siam country club but I would always suggest that whatever time of year. Laem Chabang straight down the 7 no problems there.

If theres one day to miss that would be the 19th April, roads will be busy as its the official Pattaya Songkran celebration.

Apart from that enjoy your golf we have fantastic golf clubs here!

Regards

IW

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice.

I´m not going to drive myself, taxi, maybe the hotel or golf course can fix us transport? anyone knows?

19th april is a no, thats understood.

Gonna be in Jomtien until april 23, so, golfing after songkran is also possible.

Naidraw66's advice is good.

I would simply add that there are 3 golf courses now at Siam. Old, Plantation and Waterside.

Two things, be prepared to pay top whack at holiday time and book beforehand. They get very busy.

I like Waterside best and am a member of all three. That could be the quieter of the courses as most people seem to want to play the Old Course because of the LPGA tourney.

If you have a group, then you could try thaigerline golf, they are very good at organising transport, and might get you some good rates. Other than that there are quite few bars that offer golf with transport, but maybe not the courses you want to play.

Have fun

You can play golf anywhere you want over Songkran, its not a big deal if you are not in the center of Pattaya. I live in Jomtien, just give yourself a little more time to get to the course. Siam, I would suggest you travel up the 7 and onto the 37 rather than go up Soi Siam country club but I would always suggest that whatever time of year. Laem Chabang straight down the 7 no problems there.

If theres one day to miss that would be the 19th April, roads will be busy as its the official Pattaya Songkran celebration.

Regards

IW

Where is the 37? Did you mean the 36?

Should be good to go as anyone with a thread of common sense gets the f out of town and avoid all the pissheads and crazies in town for 10 days or so....it will not be fun...trust me.....traffic will be heavy on the motor way heading out of town to Suvarnabhumi Airport.....?

post-53398-0-41281500-1427773862_thumb.j

Regards

IW

Where is the 37? Did you mean the 36?

Oops yes i did!

Ok, some of the comments says its ok, other says not ok.

I am a bit confused, whats the truth here?

Thanks smile.png

Avoid the 19th and you will be fine. Chill out! There are to many over dramatic people here on Thai Visa, and its always doom and gloom for them as they have been around to long and have nothing better to do apart from sit here and piss everyone off with their negativity!!

Further for your information April tends to be one of the hottest months here in Thailand. So with this in mind I would assume that you would play golf earlier in the day rather than later. This ofcourse is a bonus over Songkran, as an early start will inevitably mean clearer roads as most of the crazies will still be in bed . . . .

Avoid the 19th

Look up the local courses on the internet http://www.golfasian.com/golf-courses/thailand-golf-courses/pattaya/

As its April many courses will have reduced their rates from high season. They will also have sports days which are significantly cheaper than normal days- this can save you a lot of money especially over Songkran

Book in advance

Plan to get to the course in plenty of time

Avoid central pattaya, in your case shouldnt be a problem as you are going to be staying in Jomtien

And most of all Enjoy!!

Ok, some of the comments says its ok, other says not ok.

I am a bit confused, whats the truth here?

Thanks smile.png

Your idea of getting your hotel to set something up is the best way for you to go. Many hotels will also book tee times for you if you ask.

Your driver won't want to sit in a traffic jam any more than you do so sit back and leave the driving to him.

Thee are many quality golf courses in and around Pattaya.

The 18th is the big day in Naklua, so make a note to avoid that end of town on the 18th, all the way from the seafront up to Sukhumvit will be jammed. If you're determined to play during the main Songkran days (18th & 19th) I would suggest you head out to Ban Chang. There are 2 decent courses there - Emerald and Eastern Star. Set off from your hotel by 7am at the latest and you'll be at the course by about 7.45am. Play your round and then get your driver to drop you off in town. Go and have some fun in the bars for a few hours, head back to Jomtien well after dark and you'll be unlikely to hit any major traffic. The bars down there can be a lot of fun too. Probably best to avoid Ban Chang on the 17th though as I think that is when they have their main Songkran day.

Too wrap up my comments in addition to the good advice you have received.

Songkram should not be an issue early in the morning - as already stated.

Book before you go - essential

Also, a little thought. What is your handicap?. The reason I asked is that my son-in-law with a 24 h'cap insisted on playing Siam CC. He really struggled as its set up almost for professional golfers, with very tight fairways, huge bunkers and tricky pin positions. Also, as already stated it's incredibly hot and humid in April. Remember - although maybe 35 degrees in the shade you are talking about 40 plus in the direct sunlight. ( Well over 100 degrees in old money). It can addle the mind after a couple of hours - so be prepared with lots of drinks etc.

My son-in-law much preferred Pattaya Country Club - which is very close to the city.

Will for sure book before i go, i hope the hotel will be helpfull with booking and transport.

I play on a 13 hcp.

I know Siam - Old course is an LPGA course, but they don´t setup the course for pro´s all the time?

2 years ago i played in Abu Dhabi, the same course the European tour plays in january, it had a set up for "tourist" golf, that day it was 38 degrees on the first tee, it wasnt that bad, cart and alot of water is the clue.

Regards

IW

Just be warned that golf during Songkran entails increased water hazards. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XDSXeTygv

• Like 1

Regards

IW

Just be warned that golf during Songkran entails increased water hazards. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XDSXeTygv

cheesy.gif

Phone first, some courses close for a few days over Songkran - the staff want the time off.

Thanks for the heads up

I been i touch with Solargolf.com and also sent an email to thaigerline golf, as i read on the web, they can fix everything.

Will for sure book before i go, i hope the hotel will be helpfull with booking and transport.

I play on a 13 hcp.

I know Siam - Old course is an LPGA course, but they don´t setup the course for pro´s all the time?

2 years ago i played in Abu Dhabi, the same course the European tour plays in january, it had a set up for "tourist" golf, that day it was 38 degrees on the first tee, it wasnt that bad, cart and alot of water is the clue.

The Siam and Lam Chabang courses are the most expensive around Pattaya. For a run down of costs of all the courses (excluding some specials) see here - http://pattayasports.org/sports/golf/golf-rates/

or here - April-Golf-Rate-20151.pdf

I used to play Siam old course a lot and to be honest, IMHO compared to other courses, the real difficulty is really only on and around the greens. I used to find Plantation more of a challenge and can't comment on Waterside as only played it once.

For all these course as mentioned try booking as soon as possible as they can get booked up for the earlier times.

I play on a 13 hcp.

The Siam and Lam Chabang courses are the most expensive around Pattaya. For a run down of costs of all the courses (excluding some specials) see here - http://pattayasports.org/sports/golf/golf-rates/

or here - attachicon.gifApril-Golf-Rate-20151.pdf

I used to play Siam old course a lot and to be honest, IMHO compared to other courses, the real difficulty is really only on and around the greens. I used to find Plantation more of a challenge and can't comment on Waterside as only played it once.

For all these course as mentioned try booking as soon as possible as they can get booked up for the earlier times.

Thanks clap2.gif