‘Magic birds’ spark frenzy among lotto betters

Thaivisa News

Ratchaburi:- A little and previously quiet village in Ratcahburi’s district has become bustling with visitors who flocked to a tapioca plantation to hear two “magic” common hill mynas predict the next lottery results.

Words about the magic hill mynas spread in Ratchaburi and nearby provinces like wildfire, prompting the plantation in Nong Klang Dong village in Tambon Khamrae to be turned into a market fair with foods and drink stalls.

After words reached mass-circulation Thai Rath, which is specialized in reporting sacred things and animals that can reportedly predict winning numbers, it dispatched its team of reporters to the scene immediately.

Thai Rath reported that its reporters reached the spot at 11:30 am Tuesday. The team found that the entrance to the plantation was turned into a car park with some 50 sedan cars and pick-up trucks and over 100 motorcycles parked there.

Visitors had to walk about one-kilometer under the blazing sun to the middle of the plantation where the two mynas are living on tree tops. Thai Rath reported that along the path are full with foods and drink stalls.

Since a lot of visitors keep coming, some villagers have modified their farm trucks as passenger vehicles to charge the hopeful visitors for a fee.

Thai Rath reporters witnessed over 100 people standing under tree shades with their eyes pinned on the top of a sugar palm tree where the two mynas were pecking. The villagers believe the two birds are mates.

The people shouted questions what the next lottery results would be and the birds, which did not appear frightened by the crowd, said something back to the voices the people.

The believers interpreted the sounds as 2-9-4-5.

A villager said he heard the two birds begging for banana early this year and he asked them what would be the winning number. He said one of the birds replied “57” which turned out to be the two winning digits.

Now, the local villagers organized shifts to protect the birds from being harmed by anyone.

post-87022-0-90146700-1427814119_thumb.j

• Like 1

As we speak, instructions has been given to the wife to buy for me 2945.

Tomorrow afternoon I will be filthy rich.

Already looking at jets available on the market.

From tomorrow if you want to get in touch with me you have to speak to my secretary.

Asta la Vista, poor people........I won't be back.

• Like 1

Just listen to the General PM and his comrades, the Thai people is a reading people. For me it looks more that the Thai people stands below the "ling" monkey. But many times the monks in the temples tells the winning numbers. Somebody should make a major cleanup in the tempel environments. The Thai people still believes in gohsts. Why ? Because of the Thai educational system.

Ideal for an April Fools stunt as here it's all so believable

I would suggest that TAT get the geniuses in the their promotion dept to come up with a campaign telling tourists to flock to LoS and buy a lucky lottery number from a monk, listening to chirping birds, take the number of a VIPs car etc and win enough to pay for their holiday and many, many more. All in LoS of course.

From tomorrow if you want to get in touch with me you have to speak to my secretary.

HAsta la Vista, poor people........I won't be back.

I really hope you win!

Edited by Lupatria
  • Like 1

We've got half a dozen of those terrapin/turtle things in a tank in our garden. Every month on the 1st and 15th my missus grabs one and 'reads' the number on the underside of the shell. She rarely wins but it's all in good fun I suppose.

when my son was a new born he made " je je je je" noises. My Thai Mum interpreted this as "7 7 7 7". she couldnt get out of the door fast enough but , alas, didnt win a baht. so, yes, i did actually believe this till i saw the date.

• Like 1

Not April Fool's. This report is real.

There are 2 talking birds and people believe they are "magic"

Too bad people feed them fruit and Mama noodles (stuffed with MSG).

Will someone open a new Facebook page to boycott the whole thing?

Will be there a storm of complaints to prevent the exploitation of these two birds?

Just curious

. Give Orient Thai a call Costa I think that they might have a few quality planes on the market soon .

What ' lucky 'numbers one put when he hears the most nuisance bird in the world, the koel bird

giving me a hole in the head day and night?

... well, your lucky no. is clearly 20 as in '20 gauge' - that should silence the annoying bloke ...

As for the OP: definitely nothing to do with APR1st i'm sure, certainly that applies all year round;

have to admit though i'm a true & deep believer in their - how'd they call it, 'sacred things', i hadn't heard that one before, could be stinkin' rich by now, damn ...

The problem is: I would TOTALLY believe this article, if it weren't published on April 1st!

...and so would most of you!

But is is definitely NOT April fool, my wife told me the same story she have seen on social media...sotongue.png