Tot 1222

Brucenkhamen

My home line is TOT, so In theory I should be able to use 1222 or similar to dial up my ISP, and as I'm not in BKK many ISP's don't have local numbers so I'd like to use it.

Since I've been here about 90% of the time I get engaged or no dialtone on 1222, however a while ago I did a fresh reinstall of Windows XP Professional and for a few weeks 90% of the time I could get a connection on that number.

I'm wondering if there is a setting in windows that I may have changed that caused this behaviour? not knowing how the 1222 system works and all. Any ideas?

Not sure about that, but be careful if you set automatic redial when disconnected (since it is a time unlimited account). If the account expires (after 1 month) then the modem keeps redialing and it costs 3 baht per try.

I've had a free internet account with TOT for the past year or so (2 hours slow internet for 3 baht), it only works effectively for me in the mornings, other times it's soooo slow. I have found since the kids have been on holiday even the morning service is noticeably slower, difficult/impossible to connect.

For some reason thaivisa.com comes through very fast, which is one of the reasons I still keep TOT1222 as my second account.

J

I am in Khon Kaen and have trouible with 1222, It's permanently engaged.

So I use the TT &T 998 system and I usually get on, but after anywhere from 1 minute to an hour it stops responding, although my time useage counter keeps going. So I have to disconnect and reconnect at another 3 baht and then I always get a slower line.

I don't mind after an hour I suppose, but after 1 minutes useage I think it's a fiddle to get you to redial.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Lung Bing