Female genital mutilation in southern thailand

ghworker2010

Ban male genital mutilation (circumcision) globally when there is no medical issue and the person has not given consent (as a young child could not) while we're at it.

Why can't people just let others be as they naturally should, without cutting the best parts of their bodies.

Stick with the topic, has nothing to do with males, it is about FGM. But seeing you digressed so will I. Please do some research before you post and you will find that male circumcision is nearly always done under medical supervision; does not have the complications that this barbaric custom does on women and is a undesirable trait that goes back to medieval times which is forced on woman by men. One thing I liked to know is how you define male circumcision as mutilation, when only excess skin is removed. Do a Google search and compare the two.

no it is usually forced on women by women, as crazy as it sounds....

Do you have a link to any report that sustains what you have alleged?

In my experience (though not extensive) in malaysia it is usually the mother that insists on it being done. The husband doesnt really concern himself with that.

Nothing weird about it just shaping a women to a decent modest outlook in life SIMPLE!

You are so wrong, wrong, wrong. Immediate consequences of FGM include severe pain and bleeding, shock, difficulty in passing urine, infections, injury to nearby genital tissue and sometimes death.

The procedure can result in death through severe bleeding leading to haemorrhagic shock, neurogenic shock as a result of pain and trauma, and overwhelming infection and septicaemia. In addition to the severe pain during and in the weeks following the cutting, women who have undergone FGM experience various long-term effects - physical, sexual and psychological.

So there is nothing weird, your opinion is that this is just shaping a women to have a decent modest outlook in life. SIMPLE, sure explains your attitude. Please give me a break. You would have to be a male, no woman would wish this on another. And no, I am not female just a male who would not inflict such torture on a woman.

Although it is practiced by the Muslim community back in Australia, it is totally illegal and many people have been and are currently before the courts for carrying out such a barbaric act. It should also be noted that many of these mutilations are carried out by persons with absolutely no medical background whatsoever.

Wow, talk about overstating the effects of a 3mm cut.

Ahh Yes a 3mm Cut WHAT BS

There are different ways for FGM the one you are talking about is removal of the Clitoris there are 2 others practised also where they remove everything lips clit the LOT and its more like 3 inches of removal THEN SEW HER UP LEAVING A LITTLE HOLE for peeing

http://www.kidsnewtocanada.ca/images/fgm-2.jpg

DEFEND THAT linky

Edited by DiamondKing

I believe that in Thailand/Malaysia what is usually done is literally circumcision i.e. removing the foreskin of the clitoris. Completely unnecessary but unlike more drastic procedures does not impeded sexual function.

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH before you post complete drivel and mistruths DO A BIT OF RESEARCH I would post some pictures but they would be too graphic but your comment is coming from someone that has not got a clue and does not know what they are talking about.

I think you will find Sheryl is well respected and is well researched. You are not making yourself look good with your outrageous comments.

• Like 1

Nothing weird about it just shaping a women to a decent modest outlook in life SIMPLE!

You are so wrong, wrong, wrong. Immediate consequences of FGM include severe pain and bleeding, shock, difficulty in passing urine, infections, injury to nearby genital tissue and sometimes death.

The procedure can result in death through severe bleeding leading to haemorrhagic shock, neurogenic shock as a result of pain and trauma, and overwhelming infection and septicaemia. In addition to the severe pain during and in the weeks following the cutting, women who have undergone FGM experience various long-term effects - physical, sexual and psychological.

So there is nothing weird, your opinion is that this is just shaping a women to have a decent modest outlook in life. SIMPLE, sure explains your attitude. Please give me a break. You would have to be a male, no woman would wish this on another. And no, I am not female just a male who would not inflict such torture on a woman.

Although it is practiced by the Muslim community back in Australia, it is totally illegal and many people have been and are currently before the courts for carrying out such a barbaric act. It should also be noted that many of these mutilations are carried out by persons with absolutely no medical background whatsoever.

There are different ways for FGM the one you are talking about is removal of the Clitoris there are 2 others practised also where they remove everything lips clit the LOT and its more like 3 inches of removal THEN SEW HER UP LEAVING A LITTLE HOLE for peeing

DEFEND THAT linky

Ok so you dont believe it, i do get a close look at it quite often. No you are not getting a pic. Your comments are quite odd.

I believe that in Thailand/Malaysia what is usually done is literally circumcision i.e. removing the foreskin of the clitoris. Completely unnecessary but unlike more drastic procedures does not impeded sexual function.

But it is a daft "man" thing............Yes/No...............rolleyes.gif

DEFEND THAT linky

Ok so you dont believe it, i do get a close look at it quite often. No you are not getting a pic. Your comments are quite odd.

I posted a link with Pictures what you are saying is your wife has had the #1 procedure done where just the Clitoris is removed (to say that it is not removed is a LIE its removed PERIOD)

So as you can see from the examples your girl has had the frist one done which is the least removed the other 2 examples are of more removed NOW if Sheryl is so well researched and respected have her EXPLAIN those examples and show me where the skin on the clit was removed like a mans foreskin

COMPLETE RUBBISH and the religion I was reffering to was ISLAM of course

• Like 1

DEFEND THAT linky

By the way, there are not 3 types, there are 4 types. Do some reading.

Ban male genital mutilation (circumcision) globally when there is no medical issue and the person has not given consent (as a young child could not) while we're at it.

Why can't people just let others be as they naturally should, without cutting the best parts of their bodies.

Stick with the topic, has nothing to do with males, it is about FGM. But seeing you digressed so will I. Please do some research before you post and you will find that male circumcision is nearly always done under medical supervision; does not have the complications that this barbaric custom does on women and is a undesirable trait that goes back to medieval times which is forced on woman by men. One thing I liked to know is how you define male circumcision as mutilation, when only excess skin is removed. Do a Google search and compare the two.

Yes my gf had it done. It is a 3mm nick on the skin that covers the clitoris. It is not a hatchet job.

If one was allowed to post photos then you would see what I am referring to. She must be one of the lucky ones. I'd describe that as FGC (a cut), not mutilation, which is what this post is about.

Female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) refers to “all procedures involving partial or total removal of the female external genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons.” FGM/C is a violation of girls’ and women’s human rights, so anyone who accepts it should have a long hard look at themselves..

DEFEND THAT linky

I posted a link with Pictures what you are saying is your wife has had the #1 procedure done where just the Clitoris is removed (to say that it is not removed is a LIE its removed PERIOD)

So as you can see from the examples your girl has had the frist one done which is the least removed the other 2 examples are of more removed NOW if Sheryl is so well researched and respected have her EXPLAIN those examples and show me where the skin on the clit was removed like a mans foreskin

Again learn to read. I do not have a wife. I have a girlfriend.

There is a 4th way, the covering of the clit is nicked to expose it. That is it. Google is your friend. You will learn.

You are just so blinded in your hatred of islam. Most fgm is done in africa, by christians.

Yes my gf had it done. It is a 3mm nick on the skin that covers the clitoris. It is not a hatchet job.

If one was allowed to post photos then you would see what I am referring to. She must be one of the lucky ones. I'd describe that as FGC (a cut), not mutilation, which is what this post is about.

Female genital mutilation/cutting (FGM/C) refers to all procedures involving partial or total removal of the female external genitalia or other injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons. FGM/C is a violation of girls and womens human rights, so anyone who accepts it should have a long hard look at themselves..

The small nick is the dominant way it is done in malaysia. I havent heard of the 'full' one being done here but im sure it happens.

So what she had done is really the normal way.

If you are talking about Africa then yes, they do the more extreme.

DEFEND THAT linky

Finally your starting to write some truth

DEFEND THAT linky

So have you used google yet to find the 4th type is only the nick on the covering?

When you do that i would appreciate an apology for insinuating I lied.

Certainly not because in some few areas of this world, FGM is performed in a less mutilating fashion, that FGM should be ok in this world.

Look at the videos of young girls crying, and ending up dying in some countries.

When I asked an ex gf of mine why she had many scars on her thighs, she explained that she fought 4 women who were trying to do this procedure to her in her country of Africa..

• Like 1

DEFEND THAT linky

So have you used google yet to find the 4th type is only the nick on the covering?

When you do that i would appreciate an apology for insinuating I lied.

This link tells you all you need to know and why its done

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_genital_mutilation

Couldn't agree more!

• Like 1

All this shit stuff is thought up by MALE man............We have what we have cos we were born to be that way.................Anyone who wants to fool around with stuff WE were born with are VERY strange folk..............

There are reports in the Sunnah which indicate that circumcision for women is prescribed in Islam. In Madeenah there was a woman who circumcised women and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: “Do not go to the extreme in cutting; that is better for the woman and more liked by the husband.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (5271), classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Female circumcision has not been prescribed for no reason, rather there is wisdom behind it and it brings many benefits.

Mentioning some of these benefits, Dr. Haamid al-Ghawaabi says:

The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra. I have seen many cases of sickness caused by the lack of circumcision.

Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.

Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain.

Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation.

Circumcision reduces excessive sexual desire.

Preferable that you would stop posting.

You are sounding more and more like the moron from Saudi Arabia who was seriously explaining on video why muslim women in his country should not be allowed to drive cars.....

This is a forum kindly learn to accept views from people of various race religion etc tq

There is a 4th way, the covering of the clit is nicked to expose it. That is it. Google is your friend. You will learn.

You are just so blinded in your hatred of islam. Most fgm is done in africa, by christians.

I am against it wherever it is done and by anyone who does it or defends the BARBARIC practice

I never said i supported it.

All i did was tell you of a personal experience that what you where saying was not correct. The 4th way is merely the small cut of the skin covering the clit.

Your eyes then rolled back and you came in saying it was BS and that my 'wife' had her clit removed. That is false.

You owe an apology.

"Complete typology with sub-divisions:

• Type I — Partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or the prepuce (clitoridectomy).

Type 1a is what is most commonly practiced in Thailand and Malaysia and obviously what Inky's gf has had. It does not remove the clitoris. I have only heard of it being done in SE Asia. In other parts of the world what is doen is far more mutilating and extreme.

Of all the various practices, this and this alone is in fact female circumcision. Although the term "female circumcision" is often used to describe removal of the clitoris and/or labia etc, that is in no way circumcision; by defintiion circumcision means removal of the foreskin only.

• Like 1

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.

Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.

Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).

Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

What a lot of BS

• Like 2

I am against it wherever it is done and by anyone who does it or defends the BARBARIC practice

All i did was tell you of a personal experience that what you where saying was not correct. The 4th way is merely the small cut of the skin covering the clit.

Your eyes then rolled back and you came in saying it was BS and that my 'wife' had her clit removed. That is false.

You owe an apology.

you don't have a wife you have a girlfriend

And yes you are defending it and playing its effects down she will never know if she is missing out on having a non mutilated clitoris that can give her sexual pleasure will she.

"Complete typology with sub-divisions:

• Type I — Partial or total removal of the clitoris and/or the prepuce (clitoridectomy).

Type 1a is what is most commonly practiced in Thailand and Malaysia and obviously what Inky's gf has had. It does not remove the clitoris. I have only heard of it being done in SE Asia. In other parts of the world what is doen is far more mutilating and extreme.

Of all the various practices, this and this alone is in fact female circumcision. Although the term "female circumcision" is often used to describe removal of the clitoris and/or labia etc, that is in no way circumcision; by defintiion circumcision means removal of the foreskin only.

I believe I could not get one grown WOMAN that would agree to having partial or all of her Clit removed do you Sheryl so why would you do it to a babie or young girl

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

And yes you are defending it and playing its effects down she will never know if she is missing out on having a non mutilated clitoris that can give her sexual pleasure will she.

Awful, the husband gets his rocks off and the wife is finished when he says she is. sad.png

Edited by uptheos

Would that also include the hair, nails, umbilical cord?

There are reports in the Sunnah which indicate that circumcision for women is prescribed in Islam. In Madeenah there was a woman who circumcised women and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: “Do not go to the extreme in cutting; that is better for the woman and more liked by the husband.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (5271), classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Female circumcision has not been prescribed for no reason, rather there is wisdom behind it and it brings many benefits.

Mentioning some of these benefits, Dr. Haamid al-Ghawaabi says:

The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra. I have seen many cases of sickness caused by the lack of circumcision.

Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.

Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain.

Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation.

Circumcision reduces excessive sexual desire.

Preferable that you would stop posting.

You are sounding more and more like the moron from Saudi Arabia who was seriously explaining on video why muslim women in his country should not be allowed to drive cars.....

This is a forum kindly learn to accept views from people of various race religion etc tq

You mean like kindly accepting the views of people like Boko Haram in Nigeria?

You owe an apology.

Oh dear, your ignorance is astonishing.

Note i put 'wife' in inverted commas because it is you that referred to my gf as wfe.

Please show where i defended it. I explained there is not just the clit removal which you insisted was BS.

My gf does not have a mutilated clitoris, her clit is fully intact. It is a small nick in the skin that covers it that was cut. She has full sexual pleasure the same as a man has that is circumsized.

Sheryl, out of the goodness of her heart, has posted what in fact was done. Yet you refuse to believe FACTS.

You tell others to read but you plainly refuse the facts when presented to you.

You owe an apology

• Like 1

Awful, the husband gets his rocks off and the wife is finished when he says she is. sad.png

Yet another person with comprehension issues.