Female genital mutilation in southern thailand

ghworker2010

The guardian is reporting FGM:

http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/apr/01/thailand-muslim-south-authorities-blind-eye-fgm-who

This is a disgrace and should not be occurring in the LOS. There are so many things about the Islamic religion that I disagree with...

The way that these people think:

''I don’t know what the benefit is behind it, but I believe there must be one. I know the prophet said it is desirable for the husband when women are cut. Actually in Islam we believe that women have more desire than men, so there must be something to control the women, give them humility and modesty – and this could be one way to do it. Maybe in the future the scientists will find out and then we will know the benefit. All the girls here in the south do it.”

I believe that in Thailand/Malaysia what is usually done is literally circumcision i.e. removing the foreskin of the clitoris. Completely unnecessary but unlike more drastic procedures does not impeded sexual function.

OK, that makes me relax a bit.....

Similar to what they do to boys?

• Like 1

I believe that in Thailand/Malaysia what is usually done is literally circumcision i.e. removing the foreskin of the clitoris. Completely unnecessary but unlike more drastic procedures does not impeded sexual function.

And who performs this very delicate operation? If you had a small growth in a very sensitive area, would you agree to some local to do it or would you get a highly skilled surgeon to do it?

There is some evidence that circumcision has health benefits, including:

A decreased risk of urinary tract infections.

A reduced risk of some sexually transmitted diseases in men.

Protection against penile cancer and a reduced risk of cervical cancer in female sex partners.

Prevention of balanitis (inflammation of the glans) and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the glans and foreskin).

Prevention of phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin) and paraphimosis (the inability to return the foreskin to its original location).

Circumcision also makes it easier to keep the end of the penis clean.

That is for men....what are the health benefits for cutting on the genitals of female babies?

I doubt that the benefits beside the sexually transmitted diseases are big. And on transmitted diseases are anyway no problem for our religious friends as they get married young and not allowed to have sex with anyone else.

So maybe marginal advantages for men. If there would be big advantages our ancestors we would have lost this skin already....at times we looked like rats....So most probably it has some advantages to have that skin.

And again.....where are the advantages on cutting women....

• Like 1

I always find it strange that the strongest believers that EVERYTHING is God's Will and part of the Creator's grand design are always the first ones to try and improve on that design, especially when it comes to male and female circumcision.

If they would think logic they wouldn't be strong believer....

• Like 1

There are reports in the Sunnah which indicate that circumcision for women is prescribed in Islam. In Madeenah there was a woman who circumcised women and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to her: “Do not go to the extreme in cutting; that is better for the woman and more liked by the husband.” Narrated by Abu Dawood (5271), classed as saheeh by Shaykh al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Female circumcision has not been prescribed for no reason, rather there is wisdom behind it and it brings many benefits.

Mentioning some of these benefits, Dr. Haamid al-Ghawaabi says:

The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra. I have seen many cases of sickness caused by the lack of circumcision.

Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse.

Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain.

Circumcision prevents spasms of the clitoris which are a kind of inflammation.

Circumcision reduces excessive sexual desire.

yes in the west the hospitals are full of women with infected vaginas.

And not to forget the annoyed husbands because of the 3cm clitoris.....And all these women with pain because of their overstimulated clitoris.......

What a good luck that the Prophet improved Allaahs sloppy design.....

(I still have some minor doubts if that is all true or if it is maybe just BS. Sure Sheryl or some other female members can explain us.......)

• Like 1

So this isn't the western cup of tea ,,,But different race/religion,,,different beliefs different values,, Stay out of this leave it alone.

First it is not a race thing.

And no problem if grown up people want to cut something on their genitals.....or put some piercing into it.

But cutting children genitals because some Prophet may (or may not have told so) is not something that is acceptable.

• Like 2

Woman's clitoris is similar to the head of the penis in men. It,s same - responsible for sex desire, pleasure, because it is full of nerves and blood vessels.

The standard size of 5-6 mm, so cut 3 mm - this is similar to cut in half the head of your penis.

Imagine that it is done with scissors or a broken bottle, without anesthesia.

The fact that the boys cut boys circumcision - it's just delete a leather fold .... do not compare!

• Like 1

Woman's clitoris is similar to the head of the penis in men. It,s same - responsible for sex desire, pleasure, because it is full of nerves and blood vessels.
The standard size of 5-6 mm, so cut 3 mm - this is similar to cut in half the head of your penis.
Imagine that it is done with scissors or a broken bottle, without anesthesia.
The fact that the boys cut boys circumcision - it's just delete a leather fold .... do not compare!

I have a friend who had the circumcision when he was already adult. Because he had an accident there which didn't heal.

He told while the operation isn't that simple as full grown man, it isn't a drama afterwards. You aren't missing much.

But still it shouldn't be done to babies.....Common sense is that you shouldn't cut away body parts without good reason. Or for our religious friends: Isn't it blasphemy if humans try to improve Gods design?

Christians do it because Jesus was circumcised himself ........

Jewish do it.

But Roman Catholics and Protestants (in Europe) don't do it. Surely not a Christian mainstream thing...at least not in Europe....

And even less for women.