Quickly 'lost' my wife to yaba

UDONJIM

Alcohol is by far, the more dangerous drug, statistically, as it causes a wider variety of pain, usually to others

Meth is another a story as, it is a euphoria drug which leads mostly to sex with other addicts in exchange for the drug, and prostitution for money,

It also is associated with robbery sometimes .violent but often times just burglary as the paranoia keeps these people in the shadows

This is a one way street with dead ends on every corner and predators behind every doorway

The OP is out gunned here and must withdraw

My suggestions:

Get the step daughter to other family, so she doesnt see the decline and mirror the mother and become a prostitute herself, to help the family

Get out of the city entirely as you are a target for multiple reasons

Expect her to die from this or suffer so many rapes.and beatings to be a real bipolar nightmare

Finally,

Dont blame yourself, this is about her self image and you are a bit player in her life and gave her perhaps her only happiness

Accept this role and be understanding, but not the next victim

You do not know her anymore and,

You almost did. Dont think there is anything you could have done, and no, you didnt drive her to this, she set it up subconsciously this way, so she has someone with your blame.....

Beware.

Others with experiences with women addicts know better than you and we are warning you.

Get far away, but see about the step daughter as she is a victim. Of this,

Dont overstep tho.

You aren't her father and she will be in need of a strong father figure, but not a dead one.

To those who may not be fully aware of the severe and permanent effects of yaba (meth) and how quickly it can overtake a person, check out some of the video documentaries produced that illuminate these facts:

1) Yaba can become highly addictive within a few times using it.

2) It essentially "fries" the neuron transmitters and receptors in the brain as a result of massive over-stimulation that are in the "pleasure" feeling areas of the brain. The damage is so severe that in many cases, even if a person stops taking yaba, these pleasure receptors cannot rehabilitate and function; the person is essentially unable to feel pleasure any more. Cocaine use also affects these regions of the brain but not nearly as severely as yaba.

3) After a few months on yaba, "before and after" pics of a yaba user is horrifying; the "after" picture looks like someone from the "Walking Dead" cast; terrified look on the faces, sunken eyes with large dark rings around them, skinny, drawn out, and rotten teeth. Acute paranoia and depression are also common among yaba addicts.

Yaba comes courtesy of the devil himself.

• Like 2

Alcohol is by far, the more dangerous drug, statistically, as it causes a wider variety of pain, usually to others

Meth is another a story as, it is a euphoria drug which leads mostly to sex with other addicts in exchange for the drug, and prostitution for money,

It also is associated with robbery sometimes .violent but often times just burglary as the paranoia keeps these people in the shadows

This is a one way street with dead ends on every corner and predators behind every doorway

My suggestions:

Get the step daughter to other family, so she doesnt see the decline and mirror the mother and become a prostitute herself, to help the family

Expect her to die from this or suffer so many rapes.and beatings to be a real bipolar nightmare

Finally,

Dont blame yourself, this is about her self image and you are a bit player in her life and gave her perhaps her only happiness

You almost did. Dont think there is anything you could have done, and no, you didnt drive her to this, she set it up subconsciously this way, so she has someone with your blame.....

Beware.

Others with experiences with women addicts know better than you and we are warning you.

Dont overstep tho.

You aren't her father and she will be in need of a strong father figure, but not a dead one.

Are you talking from experience

Or just what you have seen on the telly?

You done the right thing mate. Being surrounded by a family of users and abusers will bring you down

My ex-wife was a massive gambler and nicked quite a large some of money out of my bank, Four years after I took my kids and left her she got nicked in Phuket for selling Ye Bah

My suggestions:

Finally,

Beware.

Dont overstep tho.

Are you talking from experience

Or just what you have seen on the telly?

No actually,

This Is from my personal experience as a pimp and drug dealer

Sorry to hear about your problems. My first gf in Thailand had a ladyboy friend who was a yaba head and sure enough got my gf hooked. When I first discovered (we not live together) it was already too late. Took her to her sisters, mother came from upcountry to assist but still couldn't fix. I had only been with her about 5 months and I was not so attached so cut her loose as it started to affect my life too much. Very dangerous driving around Bangkok with a yaba head in your car.

Years later I heard she moved to Chiang Mai and got married and had a kid. I guess she figured out it at some point.

From what I understand your wife has already cheated on you and I would guess before she was hooked on drugs. She knew exactly what she was doing. Now perhaps she is not thinking clearly but I think not your problem. Time to move on ....

Edited by ttthailand

These are the types of replies to key in on. She can be helped when/if she asks for it, and hopefully before she dies of it. Sounds like you had a great relationship for 5 years. Only you can decide how much she means to you and if you want to help her recover. It will not be easy but in the end could be a fruitful life for both of you. I have been through similar and the addiction is never cured. Best of luck

I'd like to add one thing that I missed on my previous post to this thread:

If anyone using is seriously interested in stopping (my experience is they don't, as they think they have it under control and that it's everyone else making a big deal out of nothing, but...) If they are, then I would suggest researching the use of Baclofen, and/or low dose Naltrexone.

Very sorry to hear about your situation, luckily none of my family have been involved in serious drink or drugs issurs, but back home in scotland one of my mates daughters got involved and i saw how devastating it was for the whole family, cant offer no solutions for you , but best of luck for you in the future

• 4 weeks later...

If you go back , or she comes back and you resume your life, and it works out, she will still get Ups and downs , and mood swings from Yabba for years maybe the rest of her life, Can you deal with her Violent moods. I am speaking from experience, i tried to clean a Thai girl up.it took me nearly three years of heart break, fights and moods, I succeeded, but i turned my back once , she went back on yabba, So I walked away for my own sanity. Now i think if she had a mood swing, or a violent out burst in Thailand, and the police came, maybe i would be locked up to, so think of that You have children

Edited by Thongkorn