Changing ownership of land

Hi does anyone know the costs involved when changing ownership papers for land at the Amphur in Khon Kaen between a mother and her daughter. I've been told it goes on how big the land is and also depends on whether its a sale amongst family members

I think it goes by the value of the land at the time of the sale and is in form of some sort of land tax. We paid (I think) 3% on a 1 million Baht valuation / sale price about 15 years ago.

I had some land transferred to my sons name about 4 years ago, valuation from the original sale was about 2 million and the taxes / charges were about 7K Baht, so maybe it is getting cheaper. (one of the land titles was not from us and was transferred by mistake so I did not know the registered value of that piece of land - yes true! We had 3 chanotes to transfer and they transferred 4, the dip shit wife had brought one of her families by mistake and now cannot touch the land 'til the boy is 20 - talk about dumb!)

Edited by Vogele123

There was another thread about same subject not long time ago. Registered value of land can be checked at the Land Office. A poster in the other tread shared this link for calculation:

http://www.acuterealty.com/Calculator.asp

Might be different rules if it's low deed title farm land that is only transferable between family members (cannot be sold or used for borrowing money, often written in red letters on the land deed) - Head-of-Village may know details about how to transfer...

Hope that can be of any help...smile.png