Favourite hangout spots in Bangkok anyone?

Ayutthaya11

The rooftop bar at the new Marriott....doesn't get the riff raff you find at Gullivers I've noticed.

Ah I'm only kidding....they don't let me in with my flip flops and I don't own a pair of shoes. tongue.png

Soi 7/1...Soi 8...Soi 33/1...and a few other places I won't mention here. biggrin.png

• Like 1

I recommend the Crossbar on Soi 23 for the true pub feel.

Go try it OP.

Or Bradman's for the Aussies....their pies are good...but get there early.

Americans should stay away from the outside seating at the Robin Hood however or face being outed on the forum for whatever foible or nuance I choose to label em with.

Hehehe

• Like 2

I recommend the Crossbar on Soi 23 for the true pub feel.

Go try it OP.

Or Bradman's for the Aussies....their pies are good...but get there early.

Americans should stay away from the outside seating at the Robin Hood however or face being outed on the forum for whatever foible or nuance I choose to label em with.

Hehehe

those two small tables by the door of robin hood. whats up?

Apotheca Blues Bar in Soi 11 - Great live blues band, good selection of beers. Aussie bar on Soi 11 - good value food and good live band. Hemmingways Sou 14 - different style to most bars in Bangkok. Big Dog at entrance to Nana Plaza for people watching. Rooftop bar at Zense Central World for the view (but avoid the restaurant). Any of the riverside bars at Phra Athid Pier - near Khao San.

• Like 2

Apotheca Blues Bar in Soi 11 - Great live blues band, good selection of beers. Aussie bar on Soi 11 - good value food and good live band. Hemmingways Sou 14 - different style to most bars in Bangkok. Big Dog at entrance to Nana Plaza for people watching. Rooftop bar at Zense Central World for the view (but avoid the restaurant). Any of the riverside bars at Phra Athid Pier - near Khao San.

I second Hemingways....they have live music outside on the terrace on Sunday afternoons...and good cocktails.

• Like 2

I second Hemingways....they have live music outside on the terrace on Sunday afternoons...and good cocktails.

Used to love the food at Hemingways...its gone down hill in quality over the past 12 months.

The pizza i had there 12 months ago was the best I had ever had in BKK. Everytime I return its getting worst in quality. What ever they changed i wish they would go back to the old.. :(

Sent from my c64

Edited by wow64
  • Like 1

Used to love the food at Hemingways...its gone down hill in quality over the past 12 months.

The pizza i had there 12 months ago was the best I had ever had in BKK. Everytime I return its getting worst in quality. What ever they changed i wish they would go back to the old.. sad.png

Sent from my c64

Agree about the pizza - was great but now just average - the goats cheese pizza now seems to be made with processed cheese slices. But the rest of the food is still good and best Mojito's in town. But I'm a bit worried that all the shops along the front of Sukhumvit Road next to Hemmingways closed down last week ...... I can feel another shopping mall looming.

The pizza i had there 12 months ago was the best I had ever had in BKK. Everytime I return its getting worst in quality. What ever they changed i wish they would go back to the old.. sad.png

Sent from my c64

Agree about the pizza - was great but now just average - the goats cheese pizza now seems to be made with processed cheese slices. But the rest of the food is still good and best Mojito's in town. But I'm a bit worried that all the shops along the front of Sukhumvit Road next to Hemmingways closed down last week ...... I can feel another shopping mall looming.

Its going to be residential....so the staff at the Black Swan told me.

• 2 weeks later...

The Indian cafe opposite the old GPO, down the side soi off Charoen Krung, where the international telephones used to be when you had to book a call a week in advance.

Edited by asdecas
  • Like 2

The market next to On Nut BTS.

Easy to get to, inexpensive food both Thai and foreign, cold beer, live music and lots of eye candy.

Great place to take visiting friends and family.

-

Suda Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 14: mixed service from mediocre to excellent (younger ones are impersonal, older ones are great) but the food is amazing and you can impress both Thai and foreigner when two people can eat very well for 300thb.

Street bars just outside Subway next to Nana BTS: there's two next to each other and the girls are really friendly, won't rip you off and won't bother you if you just want to have a beer and enjoy the people watching.

Thanks for that

• Like 1

The Indian cafe opposite the old GPO, down the side soi off Charoen Krung, where the international telephones used to be when you had to book a call a week in advance.

Ah . . . that takes me back.

Some very good suggestions in this thread. I admit, I haven't lived in Bangkok in years and tend to burn out after a couple days, but that's my fault, not the city's. You've all named quite a few of my regular places but let me just add Le Bouchon, which after all these years remains my favorite little French cafe/restaurant in Thailand.

• Like 2

Family mart on the entry to Soi Twilight. Everything a man needs in one convenient location. What more could a guy ask for? One thing I do bring though is my own Magnum's. The lady boys tend to be well endowed.

One thing I do bring though is my own Magnum's

Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me.