Rain again.

backstairs

We might have to start a sub-topic re all this rain.

"Things To Do When Stuck At Home When The Heavens Open Up"

Indeed, my daughter and family just arrived in Phuket. Already 3 days of rain day and night. Forecasts the same for the next 7 days. No idea what they will do....any suggestions ( no not the travestite show)
nex time don't tell them to come during the peak of raining season ....

who's really showing up at phuket mid-july to mid-sept for a nice dry vacation time lol

Edited by LburtonL

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, my daughter and family just arrived in Phuket. Already 3 days of rain day and night. Forecasts the same for the next 7 days. No idea what they will do....any suggestions ( no not the travestite show)

who's really showing up at phuket mid-july to mid-sept for a nice dry vacation time lol

Most years weather is quite nice July and August.

School holidays?

Movie at Jungceylon or Central along with dinner or lunch will kill and afternoon or evening.

Phuket based blogger Jamie Monk has collected some ideas. Hopefully we'll find some more.

http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-to-do-on-rainy-day-in-phuket.html

All good ideas Oilinki, the only problem was the rain was so heavy this morning I couldn't even make it out of the house to the motorbike, let alone ride it through the floods. laugh.png

Phuket based blogger Jamie Monk has collected some ideas. Hopefully we'll find some more.

http://jamie-monk.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-to-do-on-rainy-day-in-phuket.html

All good ideas Oilinki, the only problem was the rain was so heavy this morning I couldn't even make it out of the house to the motorbike, let alone ride it through the floods. laugh.png

Just start the new topic and we'll try to do our best to keep you occupied what to do when it rains, while being jailed in home. :)

I also wish to get some new ideas.

What to do:

I cleaned the house twice today. Drank both beers I had in fridge. I have a nice bottle of Chinaco Reposado, but that would just give me a terrible headache.

Is there any possibility to have you as a house guest? I'm happy to offer three beers, if you clean my house, twice.

Or should I start to charge you for adventure escape of the boredom? Well, bring a bottle of good Scottish whiskey when you come.

Phuket weather is broken at the moments. One moment it was nice, cloudy day. Then in only 10 seconds, huge wind and heavy rain started.

I guess this will last for few minutes and then it stops once again.

Raining until 14th, according to the new weather warning.

We are anticipating heavy rains, which could lead to further flash floods and landslides from today to August 14,” Mr Santhawat said. “Please be careful out there.”

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Another-heavy-weather-warning-issued-Phuket/61713

There was a small landslide on a road between Paklok and Thalang, few days ago.

20205677719_1472770d41_c.jpg

The rains up here in the north of the island are starting to reach Biblical proportions.

Anyone got a spare ark ?

Same here in the south, luckily the house didn't flood like a couple weeks ago. I hope it slows up at least a little as I have to catch a flight tomorrow.

I am living between Sarasin bridge and Khok kloi, never seen so much rain in such a short time. At this moment finally the rain stopped but it looks like there will be more soon.

I'm in the same general neighborhood as you luk, and was also amazed (and depressed) with all the rain. Thankfully it's easing up a little now, but it seems that it's a temporary break according to the forecasts. I'm on a hill and I have drainage channels that divert the water from my house, and they were roaring like the flood channels in Los Angeles on the rare occasions of rain there. This weather has my wife campaigning for a move or at least an extended visit back to LA, and for the first time in years I'm coming around to her point of view.

My driver dropped a guest at the Meung Mai bus stop just now. The whole area on the main road is under water now, with long delays for traffic trying to get to the airport. (The airport road itself is also flooded now before the Nai Yang traffic lights).

Expats!

They moan when there is no rain and complain when there is raincoffee1.gif

I also complain when:

there is too much sun

it is low tide

the Muslims sing

my laundry changed color

there are scorpions in my house

the cleaning lady did not come

I am in a bad mood

a car cut me of

...............In all other situations I feel happy!!

Expats!

They moan when there is no rain and complain when there is raincoffee1.gif

Thanks for that Mr. Positive (!) enjoy your coffee.

I don't think people "moan" (and not limited to expats exclusively) unless the dry spell or rain gets excessive. I.E. a friends rain gauge says so far this month we have had 53 centimeters of rain. As you can see from this chart we have already doubled that and the month isn't half over.

post-92090-0-15138500-1439355416_thumb.p

Moaning? Whatever, I think many of us like to live here for Phuket's sunny days.

I started this post in April concerned about the excessive dry spell. Now look at us.

Two thoughts:

1. Can you build a new road in the dry season [airport?] and ensure it will not flood in the wet? Engineers?

2. Thailand is like the UK. It reacts to weather but does not plan for it. Thailand = clearing drains after the flood UK = getting snow cleared after the thaw.