Burglary foiled by a ghost?

Thaivisa News

Ayutthaya – A house owner told police her house was haunted by her dead husband and that a burglar fled after encountering the ghost.

Police could only establish that the burglar left her house in a hurry, leaving many valuables behind.

Lieutenant Suchart Yoddamnoen of Ayutthaya police station yesterday went to investigate the break-in case at her house in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya district.

At the scene, Suchart uncovered evidence that the burglar had used gardening tools to pry open the front door breaking into the house.

He also found the burglar had searched all four rooms in the two-storey house leaving everything in disarray.

A bag filled with 30 baht gold were opened and left behind. Several valuables were brought together as if the burglar prepared to take them although they were left untouched.

After inspecting her properties, house owner Chaleao Anuto, 70, said only two items, gold bracelet and a pair of gold earrings, were stolen.

The stolen items were estimated at 50,000 baht.

Chaleao said she went to Bangkok in the morning to see her niece. When she returned, she found out about the burglary and reported to police.

In her statement, she said she suspected the burglar might have left in a hurry because of a possible encounter with the ghost.

She said her late husband who died 10 years ago was thrifty and very protective of his belongings.

The husband bought gold and other valuables for her and family members, she said, speculating that his spirit might not have left the house in order to guard his belongings.

When he was alive, he rarely left the house for fear of leaving his belongings unguarded, she said. In dead, he might become the guardian spirit.

Police are trying to identify and track down the burglar.

"Police are trying to identify and track down the burglar"........ and the ghost to congratulate him.

Wish I had a little ghost like that protecting my house and I would offer him all the turtles available in the local market.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/814696-my-wife-the-turtle-and-me/?utm_source=newsletter-20150404-1630&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

Edited by Costas2008
  • Like 1

There's something rotten in Denmark Ayutthaya. A thief that takes gold bracelet and a pair of gold earrings and yet doesn't take a bag filled with 30 baht gold and several valuables that were brought together? Yeah right. Quite convenient that the home owner was "away" when this breakin occured. I expect the home owner's, I mean the burglar's finger prints are all over the house.

Police are trying to identify and track down the burglar. Me thinks there wasn't one.

• Like 2

"Police are trying to identify and track down the burglar"........ and the ghost to congratulate him.

Wish I had a little ghost like that protecting my house and I would offer him all the turtles available in the local market.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/814696-my-wife-the-turtle-and-me/?utm_source=newsletter-20150404-1630&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

You can. Thais call the little ghost 'Koo Mun Tong'.

>>When he was alive, he rarely left the house for fear of leaving his belongings unguarded, she said. In dead, he might become the guardian spirit.<< Quote

Especially if he is still lying in his bed......................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

>>When he was alive, he rarely left the house for fear of leaving his belongings unguarded, she said. In dead, he might become the guardian spirit.<< Quote

In her bed?

In her bed?

Why not??

According to many posters here, sleeping with a decomposed body is true love..............w00t.gif

• Like 1

Who REPLYS on very post? Answer. BELOW

Costas2008

Today, 12:15

http://www.thaivisa....mpaign=featured

Edited by Costas2008, Today, 12:16 .

• Like 1

Who REPLYS on very post? Answer. BELOW

Costas2008

Today, 12:15

http://www.thaivisa....mpaign=featured

Edited by Costas2008, Today, 12:16 .

Ok, i'm obviously being dim here, but what is the point you are making?

"When he was alive, he rarely left the house for fear of leaving his belongings unguarded, she said. In dead, he might become the guardian spirit"'

What a sad existence .....loved the money so much he didn't want to let it out of his sight. According to the wife ...even in the "afterlife" he is still trying to keep an eye on it.

I spend mine while I have the chance....There are no shops in heaven (I believe) nor pockets in the shroud.

• Like 1

Or perhaps someone called at the house while the burglar was there and they panicked and fled the scene. Reminds me of a story I read, maybe here a long time ago, about a farang who had to go on a trip. When he returned his maid had quit. He asked around and was told that while there cleaning his apartment she heard voices coming from his bedroom, went in there and found no-one. Fearing a ghost she fled, never to return. What she had in fact heard was his answering machine.

• Like 2

something smells in this case why would a burglar take a bracelet and a pair of earrings and leave everything else it really is unbelievable I think the burglar is a woman.

..a ladyboy seeking funds for breast augmentation surgery but saw a nice pair of earrings and settled for them them...

• Like 2

"When he was alive, he rarely left the house for fear of leaving his belongings unguarded, she said. In dead, he might become the guardian spirit"'

What a sad existence .....loved the money so much he didn't want to let it out of his sight. According to the wife ...even in the "afterlife" he is still trying to keep an eye on it.

I spend mine while I have the chance....There are no shops in heaven (I believe) nor pockets in the shroud.

Protecting his beloved money from thieves or his wife ? Do I hear Same Same ?

• Like 1