Condo Rents

pegman

Can anyone in the know say whether there has been any price change in gerneral over last year in long term condo rental prices. My place in Jomtien, which is coming up for renewal,and others advertised in that building, are unchanged. Seems counterintuitive with less expats and tourists. There are a ton of vacant studios on online sites but no downward trend in the market price. That is for this building anyhow.

It seems to be the same as in my condo building. I moved 2 weeks ago into another condo. I was able to negotiate 1000 Baht lower per Month and one Month deposit instead of two Months on a one Year contract. But generally i can't recognize price drops so far.

Dunno - my initial lease was 6 months and I've been here almost 12 with no change to the rent but given that I'm leaving for PP in May it's a bit of a moot point for me. I wouldnt count on lower occupancy meaning prices go the way Western logic dictates they should - some of the Chinese-Thais that own these buildings have more money than they know what to do with. Still, I've had a hassle-free stay - hopefully something similar awaits me across the border.

I negotiated a good price then also asked for a free month by paying the years rent in advance.

Avoid using an agent.

Most of them will scam you and the landlord if they can. Deal direct with the owner.

They usually work for a 1 month commission which is fair but they will unscrouplously jack up the rental price 20%-30%-40% too.

Greedy, unethical, immoral and typical.

Edited by jamesjohnsonthird
  • Like 2

I negotiated a good price then also asked for a free month by paying the years rent in advance.

Avoid using an agent.

Most of them will scam you and the landlord if they can. Deal direct with the owner.

They usually work for a 1 month commission which is fair but they will unscrouplously jack up the rental price 20%-30%-40% too.

Utter hogwash ,there are i am sure unscrupelous agents and the girls in the office that looks after the blocks ,but many agents are honest and will get you the best rate ,that way they getrepeat buisness time after time . you are just repeating what all people say about agents all over the world.

Avoid using an agent.

Utter hogwash ,there are i am sure unscrupelous agents and the girls in the office that looks after the blocks ,but many agents are honest and will get you the best rate ,that way they getrepeat buisness time after time . you are just repeating what all people say about agents all over the world.

I have been in the Property Management business myself here and believe me, I have seen everything.

I was just in an office recently and on the white board in the back room are listings for rentals, several apartments available 17-18 thousand a month.

A farang walks in... yes sir.. i have several units going for 25,000Bt.

I think thats pretty standard operating procedures here in Thailand.

Always better to deal direct with the owner when possible.

• Like 1

Avoid using an agent.

The management company for my rental have said in the past that if I buy they will look after renting it for 10%.

My friends condo in VT2A was rented out by an agent who charged the tenant 17k per

month and offered only 12k to my friend without telling them the truth until they were found out, the advertised price should have been 15k.

Yes, this happens to my certain knowledge.

Some agents who have landlords as customers living overseas, rent out their rooms and pocket the whole proceeds of rent, telling the landlords that their rooms are vacant and have no tenants.

This definitely happens too.

When it comes to property in Pattaya, trust no one.

View Talay 2a, 41sm studio, staying at 12,000b on 1 year lease

VTs are popular. 12,000 is about right. Depends on quality, How much do you think it should be?

I thought there would be some movement down with the market conditions. It seems the effect of less expats has not been felt at buildings like VT 2 or 5 yet.

I friend of mine rented a double unit at Keha Condo in Jomtien. It's just behind the weekend-market (Threppasit Rd.). These condos are very cheap. About 2.500 Baht per unit. He invested about 30k Baht for some furniture, panting the walls and a Air condition. Now, i must confirm, he have a very nice condo for 5k per month.

I stay at VT2, a new renovated studio. It's 41sqm, but i guess incl. the balcony. New bed with mattress, new Air condition, new LED tv, new Sofa and a new kitchen. I pay 11k. 1 month deposit. I believe the price is quite fair. A nice view over the ocean and it's quiet.

I saw many condos here between 10k and 15k in the same size. I prefer to sleep in a chilled room. So the new aircon saves me some money, compare to the old device in the condo i stayed before.

Avoid using an agent.

The management company for my rental have said in the past that if I buy they will look after renting it for 10%.

That is standard or one months rent.

What they didn't tell you is they will jack up the rent too, chasing off customers until they find one that will pay "their" price.

Avoid using an agent.

That is standard or one months rent.

What they didn't tell you is they will jack up the rent too, chasing off customers until they find one that will pay "their" price.

When I rented, I signed the rental contract which was also signed by the management company and the landlord. The landlord knew exactly how much I was paying.