Anyone Been To Kap Choeng

Has anyone been to renew their visa at the border crossing at Kap Choeng, I know you can cross there but don't know if they issue Cambodian visa's there to get you across, nothing much on the websites I've tried.

Has anyone been to renew their visa at the border crossing at Kap Choeng, I know you can cross there but don't know if they issue Cambodian visa's there to get you across, nothing much on the websites I've tried.

I've been there. I live nearby!

They do issue the visa for cambodia. Go down there and pay 1000 Thai Baht on the Cambodian side, then leave. You'll be asked to pay 300 Thai Baht to leave without staying for a day or so - but you don't have to hand it over.

Beware of the cigarettes... it's best not to buy them as many people have had big fines when re-entering Thailand for carrying to many... 10,000 Thai Baht ++!!!

Take a passport photo too>

I've been there. I live nearby!

They do issue the visa for cambodia. Go down there and pay 1000 Thai Baht on the Cambodian side, then leave. You'll be asked to pay 300 Thai Baht to leave without staying for a day or so - but you don't have to hand it over.

Beware of the cigarettes... it's best not to buy them as many people have had big fines when re-entering Thailand for carrying to many... 10,000 Thai Baht ++!!!

Take a passport photo too>

Small correction.

The Thai Immigration Office is in Kap Choeng.

To do a border crossing you need to go around 14km further down the road to Chong Chom, no problem with buying cigarettes as long as it is one carton per person.

There is a fairly large market just around the corner from the border point, interesting to look at but avoid the food. :o

I was about to open a new topic, but just saw this one.

What is the easiest way to get to Kap Cheung from Surin train-station? Are there local busses going regularly? Will be coming from Huay Rat by train to Surin, after that I am not sure.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info, when you say Thai immigration is 14km from the border where do you get your passport stamped to re-enter, may seem a stupid question but i like to be sure about these things. About the cigarettes when me and the missus and a couple of thai friends went to Poi Pet for my first visa we bought a copuple of packs each from the touts on the Thai side, as we were going home on the main road out of the market we were flagged down by what looked like customs guys, when they seen the cigs they took us to the station after about half an hour of waiting they let us go, seems like theres a little scam going on with the touts and the customs.

Thanks for the info, when you say Thai immigration is 14km from the border where do you get your passport stamped to re-enter, may seem a stupid question but i like to be sure about these things. About the cigarettes when me and the missus and a couple of thai friends went to Poi Pet for my first visa we bought a copuple of packs each from the touts on the Thai side, as we were going home on the main road out of the market we were flagged down by what looked like customs guys, when they seen the cigs they took us to the station after about half an hour of waiting they let us go, seems like theres a little scam going on with the touts and the customs.

What you are looking for is Chong Chom, which is where you leave Thailand, get the exit stamp, Enter Cambodia (need to get a visa on location, 1,100 THB (?) and a passphoto), leave Cambodia, and re-enter Thailand for another 30 or 90 days.

The immigration office Kap Cheung I am looking for (well, I know where it is, wanted directions on public transport) has nothing to do with leaving Thailand or getting the next 30 or 90 days! You might as well go to BKK Suan Plu Immigration.

Your first visa (run?) "with a couple of thai friends", seems like there's more scams going on

I always hated to go to Aranyapratet (for 3 years), Mae Sai was bearable (for 2 year), Chong Chom is heaven! ;-)

Edited by cnxpat