Non O multiple visa run

I have non O multiple 1 year and have to go out before 18 April.

Question is, since I live in Korat, where should I go to get stamp for another 90 day and what to expect on border?

What is the procedure, can I get stamp and after 1 minute go on entrance side or I need to enter Cambodia ?

I never done this so I appreciate the answers.

Thanks in advance.

Chong Jom crossing in Surin is the nearest crossing to Korat.

You have to get a visa on arrival to enter Cambodia and then re-enter the country. The visa costs $30 but I have heard of them charging 1500 baht at the crossing.

They may also charge you 300 baht on departure from Cambodia for not staying overnight.

Cambodia - Poi Pet (Paoy Paet) spelled several different ways. You should search this on Thaivisa.com ... there is a lot of attempts on this route to cheat you out of money... different small time scams.. many reports over the years. Not as bad as it used to be - but still a pain ...

- You can go to Mukdahan Thailand/ Savannaket Laos... further - but more straight forward - Laos visa fee 1500 Bhat.

- You could take the late night train to Nong Khai ... cross over in the morning at the bridge - knock dead easy. Enjoy the Nong Khai Riverwalk ... I know some Guesthouses there and good places to eat, Farang, Thai, Vietnamese. Same 1500 Fee to cross into Laos on a short bus ride... ... Get the train back to Korat ... You can take a bus --- train - late evening 2nd. class sleeper.. .bunk - dorm style ... works just fine. I have done two crossing for 'O' Visa at this location ...

- For Laos you need a passport size photo -- get a handful at the bridge - local Thai vendor - off to the side --- on the Nong Khai choice

-

Guys, i have found this on internet, Cambodia E-visa:

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has launched e-Visa, which enables you to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online. Instead of applying through Cambodian Embassy, all you need to do is to complete the online application form and pay with your credit card. After receiving your Visa through email, print it out and bring it along when you travel to Cambodia."

If this is true then this is awesome!

I will look for more info.

If you decide that an out of the box thinking instead of a Kamikazi Van is a better choice -- then go by late evening by train to Nong Khai - step off the train in the morning --- book a train back for that evening - take a short Tuk Tuk ride to the Bridge - check out -- get on a bus with the rest of the crowd - process into Laos - wait 15 minutes - get passport back - go around to the other side - check out of Laos -- catch the bus back to the Thailand side - get off - fill out a Departure Card for your next departure - go to the window check in ... takes 3 minutes ... then get on a Tuk Tuk and have a lunch at Jing Jo's (Farang Food place) ... on the Mekong River... chat a while with the many Farangs that will show up ... relax - take a River Walk tour 30 meters away and then later get back on the train via another Tuk Tuk ---

Getting tickets on the train in Korat is easy --- go to the train station 2 days ahead - get the ticket for two evenings later ---

I have nearly step by step directions for the whole thing including Window numbers on the Laos side - should you need them ...

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Guys, i have found this on internet, Cambodia E-visa:

"The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has launched e-Visa, which enables you to apply for a Cambodia tourist visa online. Instead of applying through Cambodian Embassy, all you need to do is to complete the online application form and pay with your credit card. After receiving your Visa through email, print it out and bring it along when you travel to Cambodia."

If this is true then this is awesome!

I will look for more info.

Be aware that the E-Visa is not valid at all border crossing points.

Detail on the Cambodian E-Visa website

https://www.evisa.gov.kh/

Cambodia - Poi Pet (Paoy Paet) spelled several different ways. You should search this on Thaivisa.com ... there is a lot of attempts on this route to cheat you out of money... different small time scams.. many reports over the years. Not as bad as it used to be - but still a pain ...

- You can go to Mukdahan Thailand/ Savannaket Laos... further - but more straight forward - Laos visa fee 1500 Bhat.

- You could take the late night train to Nong Khai ... cross over in the morning at the bridge - knock dead easy. Enjoy the Nong Khai Riverwalk ... I know some Guesthouses there and good places to eat, Farang, Thai, Vietnamese. Same 1500 Fee to cross into Laos on a short bus ride... ... Get the train back to Korat ... You can take a bus --- train - late evening 2nd. class sleeper.. .bunk - dorm style ... works just fine. I have done two crossing for 'O' Visa at this location ...

- For Laos you need a passport size photo -- get a handful at the bridge - local Thai vendor - off to the side --- on the Nong Khai choice

-

In Poipet it was surprisingly easy to pay the right price for the visa, not once, but TWICE. First on a tourist visa, then over a week later I decided I'd go for an ordinary visa, extended for a year due to frequent in/out travel over the next few months. This was early last year.

First guy wanted an extra 100 Baht only, but I insisted on paying the then official price of US$20 (now US$30). I was patient and less than 10 minutes later I got my visa. The guy tried to play a trick on me and tried to pull my passport back from me when he first handed it back, but we both laughed and that was that.

Second time I paid the US$25 (now US$35) for the ordinary (business) visa, but because I didn't have a photo I paid an extra US$2 (bargained down from US$3) which was fine by me as you are supposed to provide a photo. Perhaps I could have gotten it down to U$1 but it was late and I still needed to get to Phnom Penh by taxi. At 6pm I'm not going to make a fuss over a dollar when I still have 5 hours of hair raising driving to deal with. But at the same time, I wouldn't have paid 1500 Baht or whatever either.

Other checkpoints may not be so easy to deal with. Next time, if I'm not crossing at Poipet I'll probably get a visa in advance just to avoid the hassle of dealing with the border guards. I hear that Koh Kong (my now preferred crossing) and also Chong Chom/O'Smach give travellers a bit of a hassle when it comes to paying the correct price for the visa fee. But I can guarantee that Poipet is not difficult and in any case, the official rip-off attempt is merely 100 Baht above the actual visa fee, not hundreds of Baht (or more) like at other crossings.

I got e-visa, paid 40$ total. And that's it. Arrived at Pot Pet border. Departed from Thai side, passed Cambodia arrival counter without Visa sticker.

Bought 1 water and after 5 minutes passed through departure Cambodia side. Written arrival card, passed Thai counter and entered Thailand.

Got 90 days stamp.

There is no need to pay anything and no need to go by bus, walking all the way.

I hope this helps someone.