Retirement Visa And Working

I am preparing to move to Thailand and would like to be able to work (teach actually) via the Internet. The Thai retirement visa, however, excludes "working in Thailand".

Does anyone know if there are any legal ways to work around this?

Pay attention to what Dr. pat and other gurus who hopefully respond have to say.

I doubt if you would be caught.

There is no "legal" way around the "no working" restriction.

If you are employed, why not go the "legal" way, be employed, get a visa consistent with that status, pay your taxes and enjoy being a contributing member of Thai society?

You cannot apply for a work permit while holding a retirement visa.

Even if you hold a class B visa and entry permit, you cannot obtain a work permit without having a qualifying employer - a Thai company.

There is no such thing assimply coming here asa freelancer, and obtaining a work permit (and paying taxes). There has to be a qualifying THAI Employer involved.

So - come here on a retirement visa, and do your teaching on-line, but do not get involved with clients inside Thailand. Ensure allpayments take place outside Thailand.

Or - form a company here, and go the fully legal route. But it is a lot of hassle for relatively small gain.

If you do come here ina retirement visa, and later decide to go back to work, you will need to leave Thailand to obtain a Class B visa - which action immediately cancels your Retirement visa status.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

www.thaistartup.com

I am preparing to move to Thailand and would like to be able to work (teach actually) via the Internet. The Thai retirement visa, however, excludes "working in Thailand".

No way around it I am afraid ( save for marrying a Thai lady ) take life easy. :o

No way around it I am afraid ( save for marrying a Thai lady ) take life easy. :D

:D He didn't go for that idea at all. :o