Living / Visiting "Trat" near Chantaburi

Someone told me if I wanted a great place to live to check out Trat. I can not find anything current on Trat. Can some one Tell me.

1. Nearest Immigration Office

2. Hospitals and if they are any good.

3. Condo Rental or House Rental for long stay.

4. Where do you stay for Short Time ie.. visiting Trat.

5. Getting around town without a car or motorbike. ie.. any Songtaws or Baht Buses go around town?

6. Shopping Malls, Tesco, Lotus.

7. Any Movies Theaters in English?

8. Getting to the Beach without a car or motorbike?

9. How do you get to Trat from Pattaya by Bus?

10. Any experiences you may have visiting or living in Trat within the past "Year" will be helpful - Looking for current information.

- Thank you -

Edited by Travelerusa40

Can't help you with much, but will look forward to replies by others. It's a town I'm interested in checking out. Just got back from Chantaburi, specificially Chao Lao beach. Chantaburi is an OK town. Has a relatively big mall. Traffic is pretty bad. But there is a nice "old" town section that was fun to explore, right on the "river". IMHO, definitely worth visiting, having a drink in one of the many hip places on the water.

I can't imagine Trat is much different. Local transport was of the scooter taxi and baht bus variety. But not all over, and didn't seem to be on a regular basis.

From Trat is a bus that operates on a regular basis. Pretty easy to get from Pattaya to there.

Let us know what you find out if you visit there!