The Angry Photographer

He's smart & cut's through a lot of the BS in most of his vids (& upsets a few folk along the way)

I lasted ten minutes. Both the presenter and "the angry photographer" are massively up their own backsides and egos. Shudder.

^ there goes another....laugh.png

He's no different to a lot of pro's and almost all artists. Talented, no nonsense, doesn't suffer fools & tells it straight. I like him! Good find GH.

...and ouch! Jared Polin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0jePOOJvpc giggle.gif

To be honest, I'm tending towards agreeing wit FR. I think I got though a little less than 10 min before I stopped. However, I did check out a couple of his other videos to see what he is all about and they seemed similar. I can see how he does ruffle feathers, but its not because he cuts through BS, its because he is arrogant. Now, he may have some useful information, but how about presenting them concisely, constructively, and without all of the self-serving fluff? That would be my definition of cutting though the BS.

Now, he may have some useful information, but how about presenting them concisely, constructively, and without all of the self-serving fluff?

impossible ! . . he'd be stealing all of Gordon (such a nice man) Laing's thunder? if he chose that gimmick, now wouldn't he? . . . wink.png

• 1 year later...

Ken 'The Angry Photographer' Wheeler (along with many other aliases) is an arrogant loudmouth. He claims to offer in-depth reviews of lots of kit but all he actually does is give a very basic personal view with no photographic evidence, no test results, no information of what type of tests he carried out or the test equipment he used. Pointless. He claims to own, or have used, almost every Nikon camera and lens ever made and in some cases, D810, D500, he owns more than one of them. Why? For what reason. But worse than that are his constant repeating, time after time, in his videos of one or more irrelevant comments. At other times, and there are many of them, he will display a lens that he claims is the best thing ever and then tells his audience that if they do not own that particular lens that they are ignorant, morons and worse. He is the only person in the world to understand how magnetism works, is brighter than Einstein, was a world chess master, built computers, has written innumerable books, photographs large numbers of weddings, has invented the only way to correctly support a camera when not using a tripod, his famous 'Knuckle' stance. He is also the only person int he world to understand how light works. And so it goes on. With no evidence whatsoever he bad-mouthed Jason Lanier just because Jason switched from Nikon (Ken Wheeler's make of choice) to Sony mirrorless (Ken Wheelers hate of choice). Jason's choice had nothing to do with Ken Wheeler whatsoever. Why did he feel the need to make such fatuous statements? Jealousy? Probably. Jason is not sponsored by Sony but Ken claims he is. And he wishes he was too. You could see that in the video he posted claiming he had been offered a huge sponsorship deal but turned it down fat. Yeah, right! Of course you did. The man's vivid imagination is only marginally smaller than his ego and that is enormous. There are a huge number of things about Ken Wheeler that infuriate me and his manner and act are so unnecessary because he is obviously a very clever man and could, if he chose, produce some excellent and genuinely helpful reviews. However he revels in his notoriety and will almost certainly remain the same laughing stock he is now, if he did but realise it.

• 2 months later...
On 28/05/2016 at 8:03 PM, Mornington Thomas said:

Ken 'The Angry Photographer' Wheeler (along with many other aliases) is an arrogant loudmouth. He claims to offer in-depth reviews of lots of kit but all he actually does is give a very basic personal view with no photographic evidence, no test results, no information of what type of tests he carried out or the test equipment he used. Pointless. He claims to own, or have used, almost every Nikon camera and lens ever made and in some cases, D810, D500, he owns more than one of them. Why? For what reason. But worse than that are his constant repeating, time after time, in his videos of one or more irrelevant comments. At other times, and there are many of them, he will display a lens that he claims is the best thing ever and then tells his audience that if they do not own that particular lens that they are ignorant, morons and worse. He is the only person in the world to understand how magnetism works, is brighter than Einstein, was a world chess master, built computers, has written innumerable books, photographs large numbers of weddings, has invented the only way to correctly support a camera when not using a tripod, his famous 'Knuckle' stance. He is also the only person int he world to understand how light works. And so it goes on. With no evidence whatsoever he bad-mouthed Jason Lanier just because Jason switched from Nikon (Ken Wheeler's make of choice) to Sony mirrorless (Ken Wheelers hate of choice). Jason's choice had nothing to do with Ken Wheeler whatsoever. Why did he feel the need to make such fatuous statements? Jealousy? Probably. Jason is not sponsored by Sony but Ken claims he is. And he wishes he was too. You could see that in the video he posted claiming he had been offered a huge sponsorship deal but turned it down fat. Yeah, right! Of course you did. The man's vivid imagination is only marginally smaller than his ego and that is enormous. There are a huge number of things about Ken Wheeler that infuriate me and his manner and act are so unnecessary because he is obviously a very clever man and could, if he chose, produce some excellent and genuinely helpful reviews. However he revels in his notoriety and will almost certainly remain the same laughing stock he is now, if he did but realise it.

I think he lives with his Mum.

He was right about the Zeiss Distagon T* 2/35. I got one in K-mount for the K-1 and must say it is spectacular, along with the Zeiss Planar T* 1.4/85.

On 5/29/2016 at 2:03 AM, Mornington Thomas said:

..........He is the only person in the world to understand how magnetism works, is brighter than Einstein, was a world chess master, built computers, has written innumerable books, photographs large numbers of weddings, has invented the only way to correctly support a camera when not using a tripod, his famous 'Knuckle' stance. He is also the only person int he world to understand how light works. And so it goes on. .....

Reading that, I think he is a thai man ;

I'm sure he can work without problems here :cheesy::cheesy:

22934831575_f88c3869b2_b.jpg

Archived