Swiss woman found dead in Phuket hotel room

webfact

Swiss woman found dead in Phuket hotel room
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428405782_1-org.jpg
Police inspect the room the woman was staying in.

Phuket: -- A Swiss woman was found dead in her hotel room in Patong earlier today (April 7), police say she died from a heart attack.

Police went to the Patong Grand Condo at 12:20pm and were taken by staff to a room where the woman (name withheld until his family has been informed) was lying lifeless on the bed covered by a blanket.

Police said they found no sign of foul play and no sign of theft from the room.

She had been dead for about six hours.

A hotel maid told police “ I knocked at the door to clean the room but there was no answer. I opened the door and found her on the bed.”

The body of the woman was taken to Patong hospital.

Police assume that the victim suffered from massive heart attack but will wait for the results of the autopsy.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/swiss-woman-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-room-51778.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-08

RIP. But that's a first that media shows respect to the deceased family by not revealing name nor color of underwear or if she was wearing any! Good on you media in this case.

Edited by jerojero
  • Like 2

"...police say she died from a heart attack..."

It is amazing how the police always assume benign circumstances to death

a deadly heart attack is not really benign, is it?

Yes once again they already know how she died, these guys are AMAZING !!!!!

No, you're AMAZING !!!!! since YOU already know that they know. The article doesn't say anything about the police knowing. In fact it says they don't know as they just assume and are waiting for the autopsy before they know.

Joined the CSI TVF, have we? Too bad.

How to Avoid Spreading Myths and Misinformation Online

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

again a jump to a conclusion a massive heart attack how can they know it was a heart attack only a post mortem would prove conclusive .

I assumed people would have read the post properly but

I concluded some posters suffer from selective reading syndrome.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I hope that when I move to Thailand in about a year or so that I don't turn into a sorry soul like some of the above posters. I'm assuming that all are grumpy old men. I'm sure that the highlight of the day is to read a post and add a negative comment or plain BS. I'm 61, please please please don't let me turn into one these people

• Like 2

I hope that when I move to Thailand in about a year or so that I don't turn into a sorry soul like some of the above posters. I'm assuming that all are grumpy old men. I'm sure that the highlight of the day is to read a post and add a negative comment or plain BS. I'm 61, please please please don't let me turn into one these people

if you live long enough....

How come it is always the Police who decide the cause of death? Normally it is a medical examiner / corona. These police must be brilliant as they can solve an issue the minute they arrive at the scene

How come it is always the Police who decide the cause of death? Normally it is a medical examiner / corona. These police must be brilliant as they can solve an issue the minute they arrive at the scene

If they've already solved the issue, then why are they waiting for the autopsy report? DUH.

It's not the police but rather our CSI TVF who can solve an issue the minute it's posted before there's any medical examination at all.

Funny, the more I read the idiotic postings of our wannabe Sherlocks here, the more I respect Thai police in comparison, and I'm no big fan of theirs. I am totally serious.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1