Can't connect to hotmail account

Beng

Who in their right mind uses hotmail these days? I got aggravated as long ago as 10 years with Hotmail. I still have an account with them but they won't let me log in as I now live in Thailand or something. I did get through to the Hotmail log in site though, maybe you should try another link to get to Hotmail.

• Like 1

If you are using FireFox, the latest update changed the way the certificate verification works and as a result, a lot of sites are "locked" because their certificates don't meet the FireFox requirement/standards.

The solution is simple:

In FireFox, click "open menu" - Advanced - click the Certificates Tab, then uncheck "Query OCSP servers to confirm...".

This "feature" is FireFox's effort to seriously improve internet security, something sadly lacking in IE.

=

I haven't had any problems with outlook.com

Try going to outlook.co.th and see if it will work.

My Firefox Nightly worked with its latest update and the one before that. However, I mostly use IE and now have been using Spartan. I haven't had any problems with outlook.com or security yet.

When I have had problems reaching hotmail/outlook/msn in the past, I was able to connect using the "co.th" addresses.

I always use Mozilla Thunderbird, it works perfect.

Now as you say I also tried to open the hotmail in the browser, it works fine as well.

Yes I had two Hotmail accounts and shifted to twp Gmail accounts, but I have all four on Thunderbird and the Hotmail accounts are still working without any problem.

I use the Hotmail accounts for anything that's likely to generate ads & spam so that the Gmail accounts remain relatively spam free.

There may be a fix here. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/outlook/account-temporarily-blocked

The new outlook.com now has better features for deleting and sorting mail than gmail. You can choose one sender in outlook and sweep every email they've ever sent from your inbox. There are neat options for deleting all but the last message sent, the last ten days worth of messages, etc. Check it out. The outlook site also now has a button that will link you to office online and One Drive.