Brother laser printer

Brit_Doggie

Well today my brother laser printer finally ran out of toner after resetting low toner counter about 4 months back,well hey i was ahead of the plot as i purchased a refill pack at the time of reset,so duly i took the thing apart and did a refill all well and good until test page and yuck it was chit, so afer due consultation with a man who knows it turns out my fuser unit is kaput as well and guess what replacement costs more than the inital outlay that i purchased some 3 years back,so bin it i will.

Moral being is that printers are not made to last longer than you would expect,so now going to purchase printer #6 in 8 years lol.

• Like 1

New toner cartrigde for my Brother cost me 1000 Baht.

The refill expert told me, that the cartrige delivered with the printer can not be refilled.

But with the replacement cartridge he could do for 300 Baht next time.

No idea whether he made a fool out of me biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Yeah, I gave up on inkjet printer a long time ago. My needs are just a couple of pages every 3 or 4 months. So I ended up buying a Samsung laser printer for around 2000 baht. Probably last me 10+ years before the toner runs out. cheesy.gif

New toner cartrigde for my Brother cost me 1000 Baht.

The refill expert told me, that the cartrige delivered with the printer can not be refilled.

But with the replacement cartridge he could do for 300 Baht next time.

No idea whether he made a fool out of me biggrin.png

I had the original toner cartridge of my Brother laser refilled so my "expert" must have been more expert than yours... biggrin.png

I had my toner cartridge refilled for 600 baht in Tukcom. Was unusable afterwards for about four months because of dirty marks. Seems to be getting better with time but still not 100%. Should have gone with new toner cartridge for about 1200 baht.

BTW: guess there is more than one Brother laserprinter/all-in-one.

Not all the same in regards to type of cartridge/cost.

Mine is a DCP-1510 (all-in-one).

Edited by KhunBENQ