Can i leave and return?

You cannot just leave and return !

So there is a problem which can be solved by purchasing a re-entry permit from immigration (1000 Bht)

Check and ensure the permission to stay date really is June 22

Yes i can stay in thailand until June 22 as part of my 2nd entry of my double entry visa.

...I still need to purchase a re-entry permit?

So there is a problem which can be solved by purchasing a re-entry permit from immigration (1000 Bht)

Actually, he can just leave and return, it just depends on what he wants to do. I agree, that if he wants to preserve the June 22 date, he would need the re-entry permit, and then could get the 30 day extension for 1900 Baht. That would take him until about July 21.

But, if he simply departed and returned on May 20, he could make a visa exempt entry, and be stamped in until June 18, for free. Then an extension could also be applied for that entry. Basically it accomplishes the same thing, give or take a few days. This would take him until about, July 18, if given the 30 day extension.

If the OP intends a longer stay, I would simply exit, and apply for a new Single or Double Entry Tourist Visa in the U.S., and start the process over again.

Edited by beechguy
  • Like 1

Actually, he can just leave and return, it just depends on what he wants to do. I agree, that if he wants to preserve the June 22 date, he would need the re-entry permit, and then could get the 30 day extension for 1900 Baht. That would take him until about July 21.

But, if he simply departed and returned on May 20, he could make a visa exempt entry, and be stamped in until June 18, for free. Then an extension could also be applied for that entry. Basically it accomplishes the same thing, give or take a few days. This would take him until about, July 18, if given the 30 day extension.

If the OP intends a longer stay, I would simply exit, and apply for a new Single or Double Entry Tourist Visa in the U.S., and start the process over again.

Gotcha then. Just read all about the re-entry permit. And i'm so glad i posed this question here!

So i already got my 30 day extension which takes me to June 22. So, that being said i would like to preserve this same visa, so it looks like I'm back off to the immigration office tomorrow or next day! can't wait, second time in a week. Hey at least its the immigration office in chiang mai and not bkk!

I also do plan to stay for an additional 6 months after this, but i think i will try to get a double entry tourist visa in Vientane. Sound?

up for any advice, thanks everyone