Summer Schools in Bangkok - Recommendations

The Arrow

Anyone have any recommendations for summer schools in Bangkok?

Our kids are luk-kreung. In an international school here. Their school doesn't offer summer school.

Would be particularly interested in ones with a good Thai programme. Their English is very strong, but like many inter kids they their Thai could be better. We've spent time on overseas postings outside Thailand too, where the kids only really had the chance to speak English, except with their mother.

Looking around start of July. Kids in early years and primary school. Not looking for anything too demanding, just somewhere they can learn a bit, have fun, socialize. 4 weeks out of the long summer holiday they have.

Thanks

A semi-educated guess here, but maybe try looking into one of the bigger Thai franchises like Sarasas. I've never had experience with them, but I'm sure they have summer programs. The problem is that many Thai summer programs offer courses in English.

It would be good to get your kids in a Thai summer program that focuses on arts/crafts and sports...they will learn Thai from just being immersed in fun activities conducted in Thai.

Edited by Skytrain2hell

One of my friends sent his international school kid to siam Sam tri.....think it's on Suk 89/1....apparently they do summer school directed for Kids who attend international schools and don't learn enough about Thai.

One of my friends sent his international school kid to siam Sam tri.....think it's on Suk 89/1....apparently they do summer school directed for Kids who attend international schools and don't learn enough about Thai.

Thanks for that. Just googled it and found a couple of links to look into more. In Thai, but google translate gives the basics

http://www.trueplookpanya.com/true/activity_detail.php?cms_id=15080

SIAM SAAM TRI SUMMER COURSE International School Students for

a special camp for International Students. Capped child Thailand Buddhist Heart Open views to the 231-year period of the course during the first 17 ​​Jun - 12 Jul 2556 Part 2 15 Jul - 14 Aug 2556 Contact - Enroll Tel. 02-311. -0134, 02-331-6258-60 is 87 cm. Sukhumvit 89/1, Phakanong Bangkok 10260 E-mail:[email protected] Website: Www.siamsaamtri.ac.th facebook: Bachelor's third quarter.

http://www.siamsaamtri.ac.th/home.php

The Arrow

Thanks for that. Just googled it and found a couple of links to look into more. In Thai, but google translate gives the basics

http://www.trueplookpanya.com/true/activity_detail.php?cms_id=15080

SIAM SAAM TRI SUMMER COURSE International School Students for

a special camp for International Students. Capped child Thailand Buddhist Heart Open views to the 231-year period of the course during the first 17 ​​Jun - 12 Jul 2556 Part 2 15 Jul - 14 Aug 2556 Contact - Enroll Tel. 02-311. -0134, 02-331-6258-60 is 87 cm. Sukhumvit 89/1, Phakanong Bangkok 10260 E-mail:[email protected] Website: Www.siamsaamtri.ac.th facebook: Bachelor's third quarter.

http://www.siamsaamtri.ac.th/home.php

The Arrow

No problem, my friend said it was a good set up, classes not too big and gave his son a better understanding of the Thai language and culture....which pleased his Thai missus :-)

This is off topic a little but I always wonder why folks can't send their kids to Thai Language schools for foreigners if they want their kid to learn to read and write quickly. I've been to two different language school using the same system, it is super. Getting private lessons for these schools don't cost too much too. Highly recommended for middle or high schoolers.

• 2 months later...