Bonanza has 15 days to provide land documents

webfact

ALLEGED ENCROACHMENT
Bonanza has 15 days to provide land documents

Prasit Tangprasert,
Piyanut Tumnukasetchai
The Nation

All structures will be torn down if no evidence produced to refute charges

BANGKOK: -- THE ROYAL Forest Department (RFD) will give Bonanza International Speedway 15 days to produce land rights documents to rebut allegations that its racecourse sits on forest and agricultural-reform land.

"If it fails to produce evidence, we will require it to remove all structures it has built on land that it has no rights to within 30 days," Surawut Jaikijsuwan, a senior official at the Forest Resource Management Office 8 (Nakhon Ratchasima), said yesterday.

According to him, preliminary investigation suggests that Bonanza International Speedway is illegally occupying 103 rai of forest and agricultural-reform land in Nakhon Ratchasima province. RFD director general Theerapat Prayunrasiddhi said Bonanza International Speedway had caused about Bt10 million worth of environmental damages.

So far, 16 houses near the racetrack and roads are currently being targeted for demolition.

Surawut said that if Bonanza fails to produce evidence refuting preliminary investigation results and ignores the demolition order, the RFD would demolish the structures itself.

Bonanza International Speedway is among the many businesses under the control of former politician Paiwong Taechanarong and his family.

All these businesses are being investigated as initial evidence suggests they might be engaged in encroachment.

Bonanza businesses expand over 4,000 rai of land in Nakhon Ratchasima, according to various reports.

Meanwhile, Seehanat Prayoonrat, secretary-general of the Anti-Money Laundering Office (Amlo), said yesterday that his office was ready to order asset seizures against Bonanza owners and related figures if encroachment cases against them turn up clear-cut evidence of guilt.

"But we have to wait until all allegations are proven," he said.

In one of the latest developments, the Agricultural Land Reform Office is threatening to evict Bonanza and demand compensation.

Given that encroachment on public land and exploitation of natural resources is also an offence under the anti-money laundering law, all eyes are on Amlo to see what action it takes.

Seehanat, so far, has described the ongoing encroachment case against Bonanza as "non urgent".

"We don't work based on public sentiment," he said, adding that Amlo planned to see the results of investigations led by different authorities before taking action on the case.

According to him, Amlo is in charge of more than 40 other alleged encroachment cases, which had officially been handed over by the RFD. "The encroachment problem is reported in several different provinces, including Phuket, Krabi and Phang Nga," Seehanat said.

Interior Minister Anupong Pao-chinda, meanwhile, said he had not yet received a report on the Bonanza case from the Lands Department. "But if any wrongdoing has been committed, the culprits will definitely be punished."

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Bonanza-has-15-days-to-provide-land-documents-30257697.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-04-09

Ironic the place is named Bonanza. And...where is the easily-done GPS survey of Koh Samet and Koh Samui?

Where...?...in the box of things to not be done because their buddies run those illegal shows. Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss....

Oh god.. there is a real crime here.. and the resident red shirts are complaining its political. Guess what if your land is in order you can't be harassed. So its not about being a red shirt but about being a criminal.

And then the old schoolyard defense (shows how smart red shirts are) but he did it too.... (without really proving it but even if so its no reason NOT to go after Bonanza).

But hey redshirts need to moan.

If they go after the stuff on Koh Samet and Koh Samui you will hear me cheer and many pro junta anti Thaksin people.. why because we don't care what color the shirt of a criminal is and love it when HISO corruption gets taken down.

So i really do hope they go after those places too.. if there is a case and not red shirt hot air without proof.

• Like 2

Ironic the place is named Bonanza. And...where is the easily-done GPS survey of Koh Samet and Koh Samui?

Where...?...in the box of things to not be done because their buddies run those illegal shows. Here comes the new boss, same as the old boss....

Oh god.. there is a real crime here.. and the resident red shirts are complaining its political. Guess what if your land is in order you can't be harassed. So its not about being a red shirt but about being a criminal.

And then the old schoolyard defense (shows how smart red shirts are) but he did it too.... (without really proving it but even if so its no reason NOT to go after Bonanza).

If they go after the stuff on Koh Samet and Koh Samui you will hear me cheer and many pro junta anti Thaksin people.. why because we don't care what color the shirt of a criminal is and love it when HISO corruption gets taken down.

So i really do hope they go after those places too.. if there is a case and not red shirt hot air without proof.

Just can't help yourself Robbie??

" I am all for fairness" and then you mention the pesky red shirts 4 times in your post...........

• Like 2

As I said before, funny how efficient the system suddenly becomes, if you are wearing the wrong color shirt!!

Meanwhile the Suthep land grab cases are collecting dust...........

And Sondhi Limthongkul has not started to serve his 20 year sentence............

Get me right, they should all be punished, no matter the color presently in power!!

Under the PTP the system was real efficient the other way around... and guess what I never complained about it. You know why because if you don't commit a crime you can't be caught.

This is why power-shifts are needed in Thailand.. PTP only went after its enemies and now the army is cleaning out some PTP that are corrupt. So what.. both sides were corrupt and at one time prosecuted. Recently there was a case of a democrat getting jailtime for corruption. Did you see any of the anti Thaksin crowd saying it was political. If you read back you will see that most of them applauded this. That is the big difference between the reds and yellows.

All should be punished.. I agree but I rather have some punished as none. Even if they are on my side because I wont defend crooks. But this is one of the reason why coups work good.. it cleans out the trash on the other side.. the trash that escaped while their masters were in power.

But you can NEVER call it political, because that would mean no crime has committed. I would only call it political if someone is railroaded for something they did not do.

• Like 2

Just can't help yourself Robbie??

" I am all for fairness" and then you mention the pesky red shirts 4 times in your post...........

No I can't help myself as I get bored of people calling it political while they are just going after criminals who lost the protection they had under the previous government. If you look at post where democrats get caught you will a totally different attitude where everyone cheers if a corrupt HISO gets taken down. But when it is one with a red coat then its political.

• Like 2

As I said before, funny how efficient the system suddenly becomes, if you are wearing the wrong color shirt!!

And Sondhi Limthongkul has not started to serve his 20 year sentence............

Get me right, they should all be punished, no matter the color presently in power!!

Wah wah wah, you always have a good cry when your reds get caught red handed don;t you? Suck it up!!

No entry signs will be put up at Bonanza resort’s “Big Mountain Concert” venue

9-4-2558-10-01-36-wpcf_728x408.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Forest Department will put up signs at the Bonanza Golf and Country Club today forbidding entry into the resort’s car racetrack which has long been its venue to hold the popular “Big Mountain” concert.

The displaying of no-entry signs is part of the department’s effort to reclaim the property which was trespassed by the resort owner for years.

The signs will forbid entry to the contested land on which the Bonanza International Speedway sits.

It also warns that serious legal consequence will be brought against any trespassers.

At first, officials will be seizing lands on which the racetrack’s residential buildings – which in the past has hosted the annual Big Mountain Music Festival and the actual track had been constructed..

In another development, the director-general of the Department of Lands Siripong Harntrakun has directed the Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Land Office to cooperate with officials of Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation to make further investigation into the controversial issuance of land title deeds for Bonanza Golf and Country Club.

He revealed that the Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Land Office is trying to determine if the five land title deeds which cover more than 55 rai encroach on the Khao Sied Ah, Khao Nok Yung and Khao Ang Hin National Parks.

The investigation was prompted by suspicions that Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation officials were involved in the illegal issuance of deeds to the disputed lands which is a direct contravention of the National Forest and National Parks Acts.

The Nakhon Ratchasima Provincial Land Office will be carrying out a detailed 20 day investigation and expects to release the findings after the Songkran festival.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/no-entry-signs-will-be-put-up-at-bonanza-resorts-big-mountain-concert-venue

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-04-09

Bonanza International Speedway is among the many businesses under the control of former politician Paiwong Taechanarong and his family.

Says it all really

"we are redshirt we can do everything" - not any more you can't, exactly the reason why these people will use any means possible to keep their grip on power - the Thai people really need to open their eyes and see who is earning off of their ignorance, the red propaganda machine spews out the brain washing vomit on dedicated radio and TV channels while behind the scenes these same evil people are robbing them - stealing their land and getting rich fast

Power Greed and Hatred, the evil scourge propagated by man through his entire history

You left out the word Rich they are the big manipulators in today's unequal society. Being rich this will cost more than a little tea money to disappear. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the future or maybe just disappears. Keep us posted.

Yes there is really a case against one son of Suthep because of developing land which is to steep and it is passing the courts of Samui at snails pace and it seems he is protected by an "invisible" hand.
  • Like 1

Had you forgotten this one?

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has ruled to launch criminal and disciplinary proceedings in connection with Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit's involvement in the Alpine land scandal in 2002.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NACC-indicts-Yongyuth-in-2002-Alpine-land-scandal-30184135.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yongyuth_Wichaidit

Yongyuth Wichaidit (Thai: ยงยุทธ วิชัยดิษฐ; born July 15, 1942 in Surat Thani) is a Thai politician (Pheu Thai Party). He is the younger brother of Democrat politician Thawat Wichaidit. Yongyuth holds a bachelor's degree in Political science of Chulalongkorn University and a master's degree of National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA).

Yongyuth was high-rank public servant, served as Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Interior, director-general of the Department of Lands, chairman of the Metropolitan Electricity Authority and chairman of the Audit Committee of the Government Lottery Office.

His political functions include assistant minister to Sudarat Keyuraphan, TRT-Health Minister under Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra (2003–05) and advisor to Minister of Interior Kowit Wattana in Somchai Wongsawat's PPP-led government (2008), Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior in the government of Yingluck Shinawatra.

Yes there is really a case against one son of Suthep because of developing land which is to steep and it is passing the courts of Samui at snails pace and it seems he is protected by an "invisible" hand.

Strange that that hand then protected them when the PTP were in power. But I hope he gets convicted as I don't care what color shirt gets caught for corruption. Anyone that get done means one less (there are too many already on both sides that are corrupt)

• Like 1