Nirun Condominium Comlex

Lesh

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the Nirun Condominium Complex in Pattaya? I've been looking at two different sized studios there to buy, which price wise look good value, prehaps some one could correct me. I'd like some information on the up keep of the place as a lot of what i've been reading tells me a lot of these cheap price condominiums do suffer some what, after time. The 49% foreign ownership law of these properties also has me a little worried as i hear a lot of these condominium projects go over the 49%, which i take to being illegal. Also has anyone any information on the up take of these properties for rental purposes as this may be a option to me after purchase. Any other suggestions for good condominiums in Pattaya in the 800,000 baht and under price range would be appreciated. Also recommendations for a decent Lawyer in Pattaya to take on the purchase of a condominium for me would be more than helpful. Thanks.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I/d avoid the place if i was you................i've heard bad reports both on TV (drug busts, gambling etc) and word of mouth.

Well, It all depends on the kind of people you get involved with really. If you dont get involved in drugs or gambling then you wont be effected. Ive seen that on the news once or twice in the last 2 years, a drug bust outside Nirun Condo -Definately not a regular thing!!

Better off listening to people with experience with the condo in question, rather than people who have just 'heard'....! I have been living in a lovely condo here for the past 2 years and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Friendly neighbours, security, and everything you need in the complex (bars, internet shops, restaurants, laundry, mini-marts ect) Also a good location, very quiet around here, and Id say most of the residents here are foreigners. 2 clean swimming pools, delivery food service.. I could go on and on!

Go for it!! Prices start at 300,000 for the basic smaller condo's, up to about 800,000 for something luxury and larger.

Hope this helps :o

• Like 1

I/d avoid the place if i was you................i've heard bad reports both on TV (drug busts, gambling etc) and word of mouth.

Well, It all depends on the kind of people you get involved with really. If you dont get involved in drugs or gambling then you wont be effected. Ive seen that on the news once or twice in the last 2 years, a drug bust outside Nirun Condo -Definately not a regular thing!!

Better off listening to people with experience with the condo in question, rather than people who have just 'heard'....! I have been living in a lovely condo here for the past 2 years and I wouldnt want to live anywhere else. Friendly neighbours, security, and everything you need in the complex (bars, internet shops, restaurants, laundry, mini-marts ect) Also a good location, very quiet around here, and Id say most of the residents here are foreigners. 2 clean swimming pools, delivery food service.. I could go on and on!

Go for it!! Prices start at 300,000 for the basic smaller condo's, up to about 800,000 for something luxury and larger.

Hope this helps :D

Fair enough..............

I did actually look round the place 5 or 6 years ago both in the apartment block on the right as you go into Nirun and the block right at the end past the pool.

It just struck me (the first block anyway) that the corridors were a little dark and the main populace were Thai...........i would admit the block past the pool did seem a little more bright inside.

I suppose at the end of the day you get what you pay for. :o

Edited by thaiflyer1

I know a dozen+ guys who live in Nirun Granville, most of them have done so for several years, some as owners and others as renters and I rarely hear anything negative about the place from them. A friend just bought a 38 sqm. unit in the tower block and is doing it up for renting.

I haven't lived there myself, but I did live a bit further down Arunothai past NG so I do know the neighborhood. If you don't have a motorcycle or car transportation can be a problem. It's about 300 m. from Pattaya Klang and then another 100 m. or so back to the tower block. Arunothai is now very well lit at night and even when it wasn't I never had any problems walking from Pattaya Klang. However Arunothai is very narrow with a lot of traffic and more to come as vacant land in the area is now being developed.

I think that originally the complex was developed with an eye to the Thai market however with the ever increasing prices of condos near the water there have been a lot more farangs moving into there. There are Thais who have purchased multiple units for rental or speculation. But I believe my friend mentioned that about 39% of the units are now farang owned. There are still a fair number of units that have never been occupied as they're apparently being held by speculators. My friend figures to spend 100-150K baht to fit and furnish his place.

But yes, there are drugs, gambling, alcoholism, suicides etc, etc, - pretty much a microcosm of Pattaya. But given that this is a complex with 1800 units that shouldn't be surprising. And that the local media makes the most of it isn't surprising either.

-redwood

can anyone tell me how much a month rent for a condo here as i might be moving to pattaya soon.

really want to rent first and get the feel if i like i will buy and renovate. thanks, nev.

can anyone tell me how much a month rent for a condo here as i might be moving to pattaya soon.

really want to rent first and get the feel if i like i will buy and renovate. thanks, nev.

Should be cheap , no more than 10,000 baht a month.

The units in Niran are small and on the low end of the condo spectrum in Pattaya.

Have seen some double units that were made to look nice - but as stated , Nirun was made with the mid range price bracket in mind.

I was speaking to a girl yesterday who lives there, she was Thai. She said she rents a small condo there from a Thai owner for 2,500 Baht P/M. She said it had nothing inside for that. The owner has not even bothered running a cable for the Cable TV system. I also know another English guy who owns there and is happy. I will say this though be very carefull they do not allow dogs or cats there. I have heard they do allow them and that is a big negative. Some dog owners in condos let them run free to cr@p everywhere, that is the last thing anyone needs on their door step in the morning. The complex I live in allows dogs and it is a major problem in the building. Go up and down each floor on your own to check for evidence of dogs, good luck.

I would suggest rather than listening to rumors to go check it out yourself. I have a condo in Nirun and I think it is a very nice place. It's almost like a village, a closed area with trees, security, swimming pools, shops with friendly shop keepers, easy accessible area.

I've seen a few dogs in the area but I've never seen crap anywhere on the street or in the buildings.

The condos sell from around 300K (for a bare shell) for the smaller units to up to well over a million for a nicely furbished big unit. I think 2,500 is really a bare shell and on a long term lease with family or friends. Normally the rent starts at around 4,000 and up depending on quality of the condo - you get what you pay for - and length of the lease - and not least time of season.

Just curious if this complex has a sprinkler system.....many older or lower end condo buildings do not. I rented a condo at Yensabai Condo last summer and didn't realize it had no sprinkler system. I personally would never own or invest in a condo building lacking in this safety necessity.

good point bob,i must also add that if any condo building in pattaya went up in smoke there would be many deaths,and i dont think a sprinkler system will save you.

i work in the building trade and in australia we have many fire regulations in the building code we have to follow, like 3 hour fire rated walls ect.

i dont think the width of the walls in thailand would even get a 1 hour fire rating.

i think more important would be fire escapes, and maybe a unit with a 2nd exit ect.

I bought my Condo at the niran for 300,000 baht a year ago. The Thai owner wanted out as they live in Bangkok and wanted out. The seller paid the 12,000 transfer fee and it was fully furnished. Cable, ADSL, Air Con. I am very pleased here and cant beat the value.

300,000 Baht for a condo in Pattaya has got be the cheapest condo in all of Pattaya and Jomtien, that is a bargain!!! The place has a nice pool, several service shops, Shagwell Complex across the road, a school and Carrerfour up the road............... you can't go wrong, well done!

I bought my Condo at the niran for 300,000 baht a year ago. The Thai owner wanted out as they live in Bangkok and wanted out. The seller paid the 12,000 transfer fee and it was fully furnished. Cable, ADSL, Air Con. I am very pleased here and cant beat the value.

300,000 Baht for a condo in Pattaya has got be the cheapest condo in all of Pattaya and Jomtien, that is a bargain!!! The place has a nice pool, several service shops, Shagwell Complex across the road, a school and Carrerfour up the road............... you can't go wrong, well done!

Absolutely. Cheap as chips :o Do me a favour hereforgood, if you hear of another at that price let me know. I'll even pay you commission :D

Absolutely. Cheap as chips :o Do me a favour hereforgood, if you hear of another at that price let me know. I'll even pay you commission :D

If yok Knock off the Transfer fee that the seller paid 12,000 and the furnishings which must be worth 5/6 Thousand Baht the true cost was 280,000 or so. Regarding Service shope there is anything one would need here on site. Massage places, Restaurants,Moto Rentals , Phone Shop , Pubs , Travel agencys , Laundry , Beauty shops , Gym , Yes the Value for the Baht is out standing

good point bob,i must also add that if any condo building in pattaya went up in smoke there would be many deaths,and i dont think a sprinkler system will save you.

i work in the building trade and in australia we have many fire regulations in the building code we have to follow, like 3 hour fire rated walls ect.

i dont think the width of the walls in thailand would even get a 1 hour fire rating.

i think more important would be fire escapes, and maybe a unit with a 2nd exit ect.

The newer projects are vastly improved but I doubt up to Western standards. I think a good sprinkler system will save lives, reduce smoke and fire damage. One thing going for many condos (even the older ones) is they're steel and concrete and not wood framed.

www.fairproperties.com have a number of Nirun condos on their books....They are asking 1.38M baht for one which is 60+sq meters and has 2 bathrroms.

That would be 2 units together and still the asking price is too High IMO I see them advertised for 650,000.

I used "fair" :D:D properties..............................................................ONCE :o

www.fairproperties.com have a number of Nirun condos on their books....They are asking 1.38M baht for one which is 60+sq meters and has 2 bathrroms.

That would be 2 units together and still the asking price is too High IMO I see them advertised for 650,000.

I thought the same as you :o

• 9 months later...

That will not be easy. There are nearly no Condos on the Market from Nirun.......... ok, just a littel joke.

If you go into the Complex there are some "Real Estate Agents" who will sell you wat you want for a good price. There are enough on the market and the prices are low. Just go there and have a look around.

I was offered a room once for rent there. Was cheap, looked around and took off.

Perhaps you would do good by talking to the local police. The condo was mentioned in official police reports as a center of crime, especially the drug trade. If you do a search on the various web boards you will see the name nirun, niran popping up regularly as a place where criminals were arrested or connected to.

For the past 3 months, the local pattaya property agents do their best to promote this place as they have pushed the prices for other places way over the top. I was offered several times a place at the Niran but when I asked the agent about security etc. I got a smirky smile back. Obviously, I was not that much the fool they took me for.

I wonder why that one Thai guy wanted to get the hel_l out of there.....

Euphemisms like you are getting a spectre of Pattaya there are not really reassuring, falling off balconies, thieves, people in hiding, right that is part of pattaya but the part you might not like to have next door and eventually turning on you.

I cant imagine myself living in a ghetto situation where i have to watch my back all the time. Peace of mind has its value.

Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the Nirun Condominium Complex in Pattaya? I've been looking at two different sized studios there to buy, which price wise look good value, prehaps some one could correct me. I'd like some information on the up keep of the place as a lot of what i've been reading tells me a lot of these cheap price condominiums do suffer some what, after time. The 49% foreign ownership law of these properties also has me a little worried as i hear a lot of these condominium projects go over the 49%, which i take to being illegal. Also has anyone any information on the up take of these properties for rental purposes as this may be a option to me after purchase. Any other suggestions for good condominiums in Pattaya in the 800,000 baht and under price range would be appreciated. Also recommendations for a decent Lawyer in Pattaya to take on the purchase of a condominium for me would be more than helpful. Thanks.

A friend owns in there, bought for 650K from a Japanese man 3 years ago - the vendor left it fully furnished, kitchen and fridge stocked up, a pair of new shoes as well!

The levies are 3000B per year or less (if I remember correctly) and rents are 4000B per month for that size (38sqm).

He told me plenty condos like that are available for 800K baht at any time.

I used to live there and must say that it has become a little rough round the edges recently. However, it is a brilliant place to live as everything you could want is there. Go to Ning and U Thit's restaurant, sit with all my old mates Dave, Rodger, Derek and enjoy the crack. Saw a little of what I didn't like, such as gunshots going off one night during the World Cup after a fracas, but great place to be. wish I was back there