Nirun Condominium Comlex

Lesh

I used to live there and must say that it has become a little rough round the edges recently. However, it is a brilliant place to live as everything you could want is there. Go to Ning and U Thit's restaurant, sit with all my old mates Dave, Rodger, Derek and enjoy the crack. Saw a little of what I didn't like, such as gunshots going off one night during the World Cup after a fracas, but great place to be. wish I was back there

I read recently in the Pattaya Mail that the Police went to all the units in the Nirun and checked every one's credentials. I have never heard of the Police going to all the units in a Condominium building to check Passports and personal documentation before. Perhaps some old Pattaya hands have heard of this practice at other condominuims? It sounded rather ominous to me when I read about it. Of course people should have the required documents in order. Still it would have been a little upsetting, if I was home at the Nirun, and was subjected to this sort of practice. Though I must admit part of me applauds it.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live there and must say that it has become a little rough round the edges recently. However, it is a brilliant place to live as everything you could want is there. Go to Ning and U Thit's restaurant, sit with all my old mates Dave, Rodger, Derek and enjoy the crack. Saw a little of what I didn't like, such as gunshots going off one night during the World Cup after a fracas, but great place to be. wish I was back there

I read recently in the Pattaya Mail that the Police went to all the units in the Nirun and checked every one's credentials. I have never heard of the Police going to all the units in a Condominium building to check Passports and personal documentation before. Perhaps some old Pattaya hands have heard of this practice at other condominuims? It sounded rather ominous to me when I read about it. Of course people should have the required documents in order. Still it would have been a little upsetting, if I was home at the Nirun, and was subjected to this sort of practice. Though I must admit part of me applauds it.

right, and that was just checking up. It is really funny how some people try to push sales at this hide out. Just by looking at the place from outside you know that you can never bring any thai lady with some self-respect to that place. But on the upside drug addicts dont have to leave the premises to get their dope, if you like 300 baht beachroad ladies, you can have the same service there and save on transport. What a deal!

There was a somewhat more decent place for 850 000 (renovated) on the hill for sale. Still no good deal but way better than that place. Better spend some time on the web comparing prices. Agents might easily offer you a place a 100,000 over the webprice. The present high price period for those sub-standard condos is created by those agents who buy cheap places up and do some simple renovating and then dream of 35-40 000 baht per sqm.

My take is rent and wait for the right moment, bargains are still around if you are quick.

I think too many people run with gossip without knowing a thing about it. All the bad raps are from someone who know someone who was married to someone who had a friend who heard ... blah blah. There has been a few posts by those living there and they were all positive. I have a friend with a condo there who loves the place. I've visited many times, day and night. Never seen any problems, always seems a nice and friendly area. It's a big condo so as someone else already pointed out, you'll of course find a bit of everything there, but it's not better or worse than any other place in Pattaya.

In any case, it's always a good idea to rent before you buy in Thailand, and it's relatively easy to find a condo for rent in Nirun. Suggest you do that for a month or two and make your own decision instead of listening to gossip.

Edited by Phil Conners

I think too many people run with gossip without knowing a thing about it. All the bad raps are from someone who know someone who was married to someone who had a friend who heard ... blah blah. There has been a few posts by those living there and they were all positive. I have a friend with a condo there who loves the place. I've visited many times, day and night. Never seen any problems, always seems a nice and friendly area. It's a big condo so as someone else already pointed out, you'll of course find a bit of everything there, but it's not better or worse than any other place in Pattaya.

In any case, it's always a good idea to rent before you buy in Thailand, and it's relatively easy to find a condo for rent in Nirun. Suggest you do that for a month or two and make your own decision instead of listening to gossip.

Too many people try to take other for a ride and when it does not work out the first time, they try again and fail as well. Since you dont like to listen, Phil, try it with reading. No need for blah blah from your side.

Refreshing your memory about the good neighbours at the crime center:

Saturday 5th May 2007

English Man Wanted in UK arrested after he steals gold and money from Bar Girl.

At 9.30pm on Friday, a call was received by Police Lieutenant Colonel Sirichai from Pattaya Police Station from Khun Rachanee aged 33 who informed Police that a foreign man, who she had met on the Walking Street, had just stolen her gold bracelet and some money from a Hotel room near the Street where the pair had gone to engage in sexual activities. Police arrived and arrested Mr. Benjamin Gardner aged 27 from England. He was caught in a nearby public toilet where he was attempting to hide from Police. Upon his arrest he informed Police that he had placed the bracelet and the victim’s purse in a small hole in the roof of the Toilet Block. The suspected thief along with the victim who was only wearing a towel, were taken to Pattaya Police Station. Mr. Gardner confirmed that he resides at the Niran Grand Condo in Soi Arunothai, Central Pattaya with his pregnant girlfriend. He has been traveling around Asia and has now run out of money and decided to steal the bracelet along with 500 Baht in cash from Khun Rachanee to begin to replenish his funds. Mr. Gardner who possessed a passport valid for only 1 year confessed to officers that he is on the run from authorities in UK and is wanted on a number of charges including assault, robbery and failing to appear in Court. He has been replacing his passport on a number of occasions to avoid detection by the UK authorities. Mr. Gardner is now on remand awaiting a court appearance and the UK Embassy in Bangkok are also involved in the case. For now he will face charges of theft and visa irregularities here in Thailand with the possibility of facing deportation because of outstanding arrest warrants in UK.

And last week's update:

Tuesday 3rd July 2007Englishman Arrested for Alleged Rape.

On Tuesday afternoon 28-year-old British national Benjamin Gardiner was visiting his friend in the Soi 9 police station lockup when he was recognized as the person wanted in connection with an alleged rape of a Swedish tourist which took place on the 5th of February this year on Koh Phan Ghan in the Gulf of Thailand. Local officers immediately took Gardiner into custody and then informed their counterparts in Surat Thani province. Gardiner was later extradited to face rape charges in the Surat Thani court system.

To sum up:

A really great crowd over there.

Same guy. One guy in ca. 2000 condos....

What's your agenda?

Right, same guy; that's why i called the second news piece an update. Nice that you got it correct. My agenda: Now that you know that searching the webboards is not only easy but also informative in regard to the Nirun Condo, you might inform yourself before you dismiss established facts as "blah blah." Try it, you will come up with more guys and gals. Just try the last murder case involving that German retired police man:

"The police tried to trace down Rungnapha..... The police went to the location to find Rungnapha at Niran Grand Condo, Soi Arunothai/."

Once you done the search, do your math again, and then try to claim that these cases are exceptional.

Gosh, I forgot, my agenda.... I m not intending to buy at the Nirun Grand Scum and I m not trying to keep prices low for that purpose. All your Phils.

Cheers

I lived in Nirun Condo for 3 years.. I really enjoyed my stay there, never had any problems at all, The people around there were all very friendly and in my 3 years of living there there was just 1 or 2 drug busts. With Nirun condo being so large, with so many rooms, and with a large population, You cant expect to not have any crime there at all!

'Farangfool' ..You have just posted 2 news stories about the same guy, are you saying that Nirun Condo is a terrible place to live just because of this guy? ....Jeez..

To anyone interested in living at Nirun condo, I would listen to the advice from people who have actually lived there, not people who have 'heard' what its like, or people who look up old news stories about 1 guy who did something wrong.

Now that I have animals, I can no longer live in a condo, But if I didnt have my animals, the FIRST place I would go to would be Nirun condo, I would not want to live anywhere else. I have lived in several places around Pattaya, and Nirun was the best.

I wish I still lived there!!

P.s There are some GORGEOUS double rooms in the main building, at very reasonable prices...

Edited by Meg_ken2003

Nirun Condo = approx 2,000 rooms. In the rooms that are occupied, it is most likely that there is more than 1 person living in each room. From when I used to live there, I knew of a room with 4 people living in it. 'FarangFOOL' has come up with '2' people living in Nirun condo who have committed crimes. I am sure there are a few more, but when you look at the number of people who are living there, and the amount of crime reported there, it is a very very very very very small percentage !!! :o

If we were talking of an apartment complex with say, 50 rooms, then that would be a totally different story.

Edited by Meg_ken2003

I lived in Nirun Condo for 3 years.. I really enjoyed my stay there, never had any problems at all, The people around there were all very friendly and in my 3 years of living there there was just 1 or 2 drug busts. With Nirun condo being so large, with so many rooms, and with a large population, You cant expect to not have any crime there at all!

'Farangfool' ..You have just posted 2 news stories about the same guy, are you saying that Nirun Condo is a terrible place to live just because of this guy? ....Jeez..

To anyone interested in living at Nirun condo, I would listen to the advice from people who have actually lived there, not people who have 'heard' what its like, or people who look up old news stories about 1 guy who did something wrong.

Now that I have animals, I can no longer live in a condo, But if I didnt have my animals, the FIRST place I would go to would be Nirun condo, I would not want to live anywhere else. I have lived in several places around Pattaya, and Nirun was the best.

I wish I still lived there!!

P.s There are some GORGEOUS double rooms in the main building, at very reasonable prices...

You are wrong. I quoted in part from another (= third) news piece and I suggested to do some searches on the various web forums for the Nirun/Niran. It makes no sense to re-post the pattaya immigration raid, the slaughtered man from january, the drug busts etc.

Maybe the police, the corpses, the yaba etc. is all just imagination and that place is such a perfect location that prospective buyers should rush to throw their money at the sellers. The current drive to promote this place as a good investment is simply laughable, but - of course - people may differ.

You are wrong. I quoted in part from another (= third) news piece and I suggested to do some searches on the various web forums for the Nirun/Niran. It makes no sense to re-post the pattaya immigration raid, the slaughtered man from january, the drug busts etc.

Maybe the police, the corpses, the yaba etc. is all just imagination and that place is such a perfect location that prospective buyers should rush to throw their money at the sellers. The current drive to promote this place as a good investment is simply laughable, but - of course - people may differ.

Did I say there was no crime at all in Nirun Condo Complex? No. If you care to read my post, you will see that I have said that the crime rate is very LOW compared to the amount of people living here.

Are you telling me people should not live there because there is SOME (a very low amount of) crime there? If so, I dont see why you are living in Pattaya, You should not live here, because there is crime here!

Have you actually lived in Nirun Condo yourself?

Did I say there was no crime at all in Nirun Condo Complex? No. If you care to read my post, you will see that I have said that the crime rate is very LOW compared to the amount of people living here.

Are you telling me people should not live there because there is SOME (a very low amount of) crime there? If so, I dont see why you are living in Pattaya, You should not live here, because there is crime here!

Have you actually lived in Nirun Condo yourself?

You wrote (see above): 'Farangfool' ..You have just posted 2 news stories about the same guy, are you saying that Nirun Condo is a terrible place to live just because of this guy? ....Jeez..

I made it clear (just read my posts, mind you) that I did not consider living there after I had made my inquiries concerning a purchase.

So you are wrong, read my posts a bit more carefully. Once you do that, I might accept your advise.

Perhaps the appropriate question to ask is: "Is there a condo in pattaya with a worse record or a worse reputation? "

You wrote (see above): 'Farangfool' ..You have just posted 2 news stories about the same guy, are you saying that Nirun Condo is a terrible place to live just because of this guy? ....Jeez..

I made it clear (just read my posts, mind you) that I did not consider living there after I had made my inquiries concerning a purchase.

So you are wrong, read my posts a bit more carefully. Once you do that, I might accept your advise.

Perhaps the appropriate question to ask is: "Is there a condo in pattaya with a worse record or a worse reputation? "

Jeez, Okay then, Calm down.. :o 2 guys!! .. If 2 guys, out of a condominium complex of 2,000 rooms, makes the place so 'bad', I wonder what you think of Pattaya itself ...?? :D Do you actually expect no crime, at all?? Like I said, If this was a building with 50 rooms, then yes, It would appear that the place would be a little dangerous, but 2 people out of 2,000 rooms?

Since you have not actually lived there yourself, and your posts are not from self experience, Obviously you do not understand how many people are actually living there. We need to think Percentages here.

Anyway, All I know is that I really enjoyed my stay at Nirun, and it seems there are many others on here who are happy with the place. You need to experience the place before you can comment about it or try to pull the place down. :D

Absolute rat hole in the middle of nowhere.

Fine if you wish to live 'Thai Style' and have no other choice.

Built to Thai standards as in nothing works.

Home to many Thai families living up to 20 to a 28sm unit.

If local 'color' is your bag then by all means go ahead but make sure you have plenty of antibiotics handy.

Absolute rat hole in the middle of nowhere.

Fine if you wish to live 'Thai Style' and have no other choice.

Built to Thai standards as in nothing works.

Home to many Thai families living up to 20 to a 28sm unit.

If local 'color' is your bag then by all means go ahead but make sure you have plenty of antibiotics handy.

middle of nowhere !! city side of sukhumvhit,10 mins walk to carrefour pattaya klang.30-40 baht on a motobike taxi to the beach i would guess.

nothing works!! are you sure ?? or just slagging the place off??

home to many thai families!! how strange ,this is thailand after all :o wouldnt it be terrible if you have to live near them!!

20 people living in a 28 m2 room ?? somehow i think youre just talking shit.

Really?

I have never been there and my post was:

A friend owns in there, bought for 650K from a Japanese man 3 years ago - the vendor left it fully furnished, kitchen and fridge stocked up, a pair of new shoes as well!

The levies are 3000B per year or less (if I remember correctly) and rents are 4000B per month for that size (38sqm).

He told me plenty condos like that are available for 800K baht at any time.

Nothing negative, only facts.

Not even people living in there said as many facts as I did.

Now, what has your usual drivel contributed to this thread?

Edited by think_too_mut

Was Phil Conner's post directed at you, think_too_mutt? I just can't see that.

That's my reading of "from someone who know someone who was married to someone who had a friend who heard ... blah blah."

Even if I did not say anything negative, the blanket categorization covers me too.

My post wasn't directed at you - remember, it started "all the bad reps" - so how would that include yours when it wasn't bad? Anyway, as they say, if the shoe fits.

What did my "usual drivel" contribute? Reread the post, you can read no?

I contributed two items, here they are again for your benefit:

1) I have a friend with a condo there who loves the place. I've visited many times, day and night. Never seen any problems, always seems a nice and friendly area. It's a big condo so as someone else already pointed out, you'll of course find a bit of everything there, but it's not better or worse than any other place in Pattaya.

2) it's always a good idea to rent before you buy in Thailand, and it's relatively easy to find a condo for rent in Nirun. Suggest you do that for a month or two and make your own decision instead of listening to gossip.

Now what did YOU contribute? Your friends opinion and you've never even been there yourself?

Edited by Phil Conners

My post wasn't directed at you - remember, it started "all the bad reps" - so how would that include yours when it wasn't bad? Anyway, as they say, if the shoe fits.

1) I have a friend with a condo there who loves the place. I've visited many times, day and night. Never seen any problems, always seems a nice and friendly area. It's a big condo so as someone else already pointed out, you'll of course find a bit of everything there, but it's not better or worse than any other place in Pattaya.

2) it's always a good idea to rent before you buy in Thailand, and it's relatively easy to find a condo for rent in Nirun. Suggest you do that for a month or two and make your own decision instead of listening to gossip.

Now what did YOU contribute? Your friends opinion and you've never even been there yourself?

I think we should pay a bit more attention to the original post from Lesh which was:

"Just wondering if anyone has any experiences of the Nirun Condominium Complex in Pattaya? I've been looking at two different sized studios there to buy, which price wise look good value, prehaps some one could correct me. I'd like some information on the up keep of the place as a lot of what i've been reading tells me a lot of these cheap price condominiums do suffer some what, after time. The 49% foreign ownership law of these properties also has me a little worried as i hear a lot of these condominium projects go over the 49%, which i take to being illegal. Also has anyone any information on the up take of these properties for rental purposes as this may be a option to me after purchase. Any other suggestions for good condominiums in Pattaya in the 800,000 baht and under price range would be appreciated. Also recommendations for a decent Lawyer in Pattaya to take on the purchase of a condominium for me would be more than helpful. Thanks."

Phil's first contribution to the topic was: " 650k for a double? Tell me where and I'll buy it." Really helpful. So maybe that explains his flaming of critics.

Meg_Ken, either your English is sadly limited or you are not willing to read my post. You repeatedly misrepresent what I m writing. If you really like that place so much, good for you. But please have some decency and keep a minimum of fairness. I indicated several cases and provided the leads to further information. If you repeat the process on several webboards you will get a nice break down on

that "Absolute rat hole in the middle of nowhere." (Tarquin)

I think Lesh got a pretty good idea what the problems are and how the place is viewed by many and, much more important, by the local police. It is crime center and the first address for searches. A good investment? Perhaps, but there might be better ones.

So, Phil, let us know when you move into your newly bought condo at the Nirun. I'd love to hear your first hand reports. I for my part dont have to eat to shit in order to know what it is. So any suggestions along those lines are wasted on me.

At last, can anyhow help me with my question??

Is there a condo complex in Pattaya with worse record or worse reputation than the Nirun Grand Condo???

Up to know, I doubt that.

Now you are peddling back: why would a post from someone who has never been there and is positive, differ in any way to a negative one? None of them have been there.

That is why I did not post any opinion, just facts. And I know them as he asked me to pay his yearly maintenance fee and I had that document in my hand.

What you said is a fluff with nothing in it. Anyone on the planet who does not even know where Thailand is could have written those platitudes, even get them generated by some software for free.

And what my friend said is not opinion, those are the facts: square meters, prices.

Does Nirin Condo Complex include Karat 9 Condo complex?? Just interested as I was going to look at buying on of the shells there.

Cheers

watchoutfarang

No, they two separate condo areas. Those who think Nirun is run down should check Karat 9 to see what run down looks like.

Drivel ... peddling back ... What you said is a fluff with nothing in it.

Still don't quite get your level of anger. Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed today?

Edited by Phil Conners

Drivel ... peddling back ... What you said is a fluff with nothing in it.

Still don't quite get your level of anger. Did someone get out of the wrong side of the bed today?

Phil, will you buy that condo as you have stated or not? That's really interesting. Maybe you are not just cheap talk

'Not everybody can afford a 5 million baht condo in Jomtien.'

8 million actually.

And why do poor people always call rich people snooty? I just prefer people who wash have teeth and don't live in condos covered in dog shit.