Vending Machines?

glottiz

This is not Japan, (Where vending machines are everywhere). It would not take long before a few locals, robbed, vandalised or actually 'dug-up' the vending machine.

So I reckon this is a non-starter. Incidentally, people in Japan caught vandalising vending machines, do one years jail minimum.

Webster had some coke machines etc ... and I have seen a few in other places ...

But for the limited profit PLUS having to restock them .... I think it is pretty much a waste of an investment. But who knows ... get them placed on skytrain entry platforms etc .... might do ok

Hehe! Thanks for your replies. My idea was not to make any big money on it. I just wanted to place it in the entrance to my guest house as a service for my customers...

As previously indicated though, you could probably hire someone cheaper than the cost of the machine. Vending machines also have a habit of requiring maintenance and repair from time to time, which is another cost. And, if the vending machine is out in the open where anyone can get to it, then there's the risk of damage from vandalism. If it's kept indoors, then there's probably less risk of vandalism.

Soft drink vending machines are extremely rare in Thailand but they do exist. There is even one in the Central Chidlom shopping center where instead of dropping coins in the slot you can call a certain number (or send an SMS, I forget which) to subtract the money from your mobile phone.

There used to be 2 vending machines at the top of the stairs leading down to...Tops at Robinsons.soi 19.7 up -coke -water was all about 10 bt and welcome on a hot day.

Dont however remember seeing them on last visit.

Also at my cond block we used to have a coffee vending M/C...hot and ice (gaffee yen)and tasted pretty good (@5bt a throw)

The Owner of the joint/building eventually got rid of it and now rents the area to a Thai lady who has opened up a coffee shop. :D

Preferred the machine stuff :o

Not a bad idea, I would make a killing selling my undies in them, maybe a few towels with my sweat in it.

Hey it works in Japan, im sure it would work of me in Thailand, actually probaly all over the world.

Edited by Donz

This is not Japan, (Where vending machines are everywhere). It would not take long before a few locals, robbed, vandalised or actually 'dug-up' the vending machine.

So I reckon this is a non-starter. Incidentally, people in Japan caught vandalising vending machines, do one years jail minimum.

Only in Tokyo there are half a million vending machines. Most are outside in the open, unmanned.

Cigarette vending machines shut down 11pm. Still have to see one vandalized or broken into.

Can't see how would probably 15-20K US$ equipment, with 7% maintenance cost per year and cost of replenishment be a viable solution in Thai where that money pays 20+ years of a human attending a bucket with ice and dirinks in it.

And the human can be fired or easily replaced, with the expensive machine one is stuck...

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a page with a lot of vending machines in Japan including Eggs, Rice, Fishing bait, Flowers, etc., etc., etc.

Then there's pachinko, pinball machines and video games. These medal game (coin pusher game) are a lot of fun but with prices around USD 10 000 I don't see how you could ever recoup your investment.

These new card game + video game machines are popular and I bet Thai people would love 'em.

post-20734-1158080041_thumb.jpg

Half of this stuff probably runs afoul of Thai anti-gambling laws somehow. I'm surprised we even have gumball machines! "It's gambling because you don't know which color gumball you will receive".

I thought Galaxy Entertainment might be the go-to folks on importing this kind of stuff but they never responded to any of my inquiries.

Edited by fxm88