Hua Hin or Rayong

Tocquinio

Rayong and Pattaya are not the only places on the eastern seaboard. There are Si Ratcha, Bang Saen and Chonburi. No beach at Chonburi but it does have a seaside promenade. Also many smaller places along the way.

Work wise, probably more opportunity around Si Ratcha with all the new development in the area.

Rayong and Pattaya are not the only places on the eastern seaboard. There are Si Ratcha, Bang Saen and Chonburi. No beach at Chonburi but it does have a seaside promenade. Also many smaller places along the way.

Work wise, probably more opportunity around Si Ratcha with all the new development in the area.

Yes u are right, there is a lot of places in Thailand, but not where u want to live as falang...

Yes u are right, there is a lot of places in Thailand, but not where u want to live as falang...

And Hua Hin is one of them, left after one night and went to Chaam. Each to his own.

Please explain as I'm planning a move to that region in the near future for better schooling for kids.

And Hua Hin is one of them, left after one night and went to Chaam. Each to his own.

If u prefer cha am i assume you are a loner or quite old?

My Thai wife & I have livedbest part of 15yrs in Pattaya,BKK,Chiang Mai,Koh Samui & finally Hua Hin now. All places have their special delights but for everything put together as a total package Hua Hin has been our choice. Wny? The beaches are the cleanest I've seen as isthe clean sea ,sea breeezes, mountains,lakes,all the shopping you need Big C,Tesco Lotus,Villa Market ,Market Village with Central due soon. Feels real Thai with it's old town & classic architecture. Fine restaurants ,hundreds of 7/11's & banks galore too. The people are friendly & most have a smile n their face which is always a good sign. Mnay hotels/restaurants too for your wife to work ...you both will never be bored here unlike "the ghost town " that is Rayong they tell me.Suugeest you did what we did rent a villa/condo nr Takiab beach [best beach] for 6 months ...by then I'm sure you'll have fallen in love with it like ourselves.....

Just out of curiosity, when/where will the Hua Hin Central be? After reading your post, I Googled around, but couldn't find any mention of a Central planned for (or located in) Hua Hin.

DannyBoy 66 mentioned go to Koh Samat!!!

Do not go there trust me...largest vampire "hen" mosqitos descend in their millions at sundown from the jungle & no spray works you are literally being eaten alive & to make matters worse the sand flies attack your feet ..still got the scars ...added to which the place is a blatent rip off & the people are just out for your money ...wouldn't wish my worst enemy to be shipwrecked there !

Funny you should mention the mosquitoes on Koh Samet. I went there a few years ago, and I do remember the mosquitoes being so large they had faces - and most of them, angry!

• Like 1