Leaving Thailand with a multi B and work permit

I need to leave Thailand and will return 1 week later.

Facts:

1. I entered Thailand on a multi entry business visa and was given a 3 month stamp.

2. After 2 months I was issued a work permit, went to immigration and extended my stay until the end of this year.

3. My multi entry business visa is still valid until the end of the year.

Questions.

1. Will my work permit become invalidated once I leave the country?

2. Will I get a new 3 month stamp upon returning to Thailand or a stamp reflecting the end date in my work permit?

3. My multi entry B visa is still valid so do I need a re-entry permit on my extenion of stay?

Any advice would be great. Thank you very much.

How can the OP be on an extension of stay if he still has a valid multi-entry Non-B ?

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

To answer the question above I have a multi entry business visa but only received a 3 month stamp when I arrived in Thailand last year.

I then obtained a work permit and used it along with additional paperwork to extend my stay rather than leaving the country.

I am confident I can use my current visa to re-enter the country, but unsure if I will get a 3 month stamp or a stamp reflecting the time remaining in my work permit.

Makes the additional cost for the multi-entry visa a waste of money in this example.

Nowadays, neither Extensions of Permission to Stay based on WPs nor non immigrant category "B" Visa entries are linked to the WP expiry date.

The second you leave Thailand without a re-entry permit you will lose said extension and you will only ever get 90 days permission entering with a valid non immigrant category "B" Visa no matter what your WP's Expiry date is.

whistling.gif You probably have an extension on your Non B visa NOT a visa.

Visa are issued outside of Thailand.

What you get in Thailand at immigration is an extension of the Visa that allowed you into Thailand.

The visa is good for a certain specified period.

The extension you get at immigration is not a visa it is an extension of the visa that allowed you into the country for the reason of ....whatever.

For many people it is an extension of stay in Thailand for the purpose of employment (your employment hera0.

An extension needs a exit permit when you leave the country to keep the extension valid.

That is what the exit re-entry permit is for.

Otherwise when you return without a re-entry permit you may be unhappy to find that your extension was canceled when you exited Thailand.... and on your retuen you will only get a 15 day or 30 day permitted to stay stamp (depending on your nationality)..

That is why it is so important to know the difference between a Non B Visa and an extension on a Non B employment visa for employment.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

whistling.gif You probably have an extension on your Non B visa NOT a visa.

Visa are issued outside of Thailand.

What you get in Thailand at immigration is an extension of the Visa that allowed you into Thailand.

The visa is good for a certain specified period.

The extension you get at immigration is not a visa it is an extension of the visa that allowed you into the country for the reason of ....whatever.

For many people it is an extension of stay in Thailand for the purpose of employment (your employment hera0.

An extension needs a exit permit when you leave the country to keep the extension valid.

That is what the exit re-entry permit is for.

Otherwise when you return without a re-entry permit you may be unhappy to find that your extension was canceled when you exited Thailand.... and on your retuen you will only get a 15 day or 30 day permitted to stay stamp (depending on your nationality)..

That is why it is so important to know the difference between a Non B Visa and an extension on a Non B employment visa for employment.

Read the first post carefully; the OP has both a valid One Year Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Category "B" Visa and a valid One Year Extension of Permission to Stay based on Working in the Kingdom of Thailand.

This is possible because a valid visa is not cancelled per se by any Extension of Permission to Stay granted against a valid 90 day entry obtained with said visa.

Thanks IMA_FARANG for the time it took you to write all that info. I detailed the facts accurately and refer to my intial post #1 and my follow up post #6.

Thanks for the advice from ubonjoe and digitalchromakey. I will get the re-entry permit upon exit.