Can I get 3 tourist visas in a row?

TLDR Version:

Several years on an ED visa. Done.

Then recently 90 days on a single entry tourist + extension. Done.

Now 84 days so far on my current 2 entry tourist + extension. But the 2nd entry on that visa is going to be invalid in 6 days (April 18).

Can I get a third 60 day tourist visa now, or are 3 visas too many in a row?

More details:

This week I want to go traveling for a month, then come back to Thailand for a month or two. I thought I could use my 2nd entry on the current 2 entry visa, but just realized the "must enter before" date of April 18 applies to both entries, not just the first. So that visa won't work when I come back.

So what can I do? Would it be possible for me to go to Laos now, and get another 60 day single tourist? That would be my 3rd tourist visa in a row, after several years on an ED. Then I could travel and enter Thailand on that visa.

Or is it possible to leave and come back this week for the 2nd entry, then get a re-entry permit?

BTW, both tourist visas were from Savannahket. Maybe if I apply in Vientiane or a different country like Indonesia?

• Like 1

You can obtain the visa again in Savannkhet or anywhere else especially considering the consulate did not stamp indicating otherwise.

Just in case, bring proof of funds coming from overseas like a bank statement, and residence in Thailand like a lease contract.

• Like 2

Or is it possible to leave and come back this week for the 2nd entry, then get a re-entry permit?

Yes, although that would involve travel expense and the fee for a re-entry permit. If you travel for a month outside of Thailand, when you come back you'd only have a month left on your permission to stay and then you'd need to pay for the extension. So possible, but probably not a good use of your money or time.