Suvarnabhumi to Rayong (bus?)

AngThong

I did a search before posting this, but it didn't turn up anything conclusive.

Is there or isn't there a direct bus from Suvarnabhumi to Rayong? Looks like there used to be, but isn't anymore - or is there...?

If there isn't, what's the best way to get from Swampy to Rayong (apart from your own car)?

Or better yet - from Swampy to Klaeng?

Thanks wai2.gif

There used to be a bus from the bus terminal at swampy but it was a pain to get to the terminal and then the bus was not very regular.

Best way is taxi

Which would be around 2.000 baht...?

To Rayong yes. To klaeng maybe a bit more

Well, I'm afraid that is out, then. There's the slower option of heading to Ekkamai and catching a bus from there... I guess that's all there is.

Bts to Victory and then a minivan to Rayong bus station...the vans 180bht per person with BH vans ( white and orange)....they also do a stamp book / card that you show every time you buy a ticket and it then get's stamped......so when you've done 10 trips you get one trip free smile.png ...i have no idea how to ask for one though. Im sure there must be a songtow or bus from their on.

• Like 1

Airport train to Phya Thai and then BTS to Victory Monument for minivan to Ban Phe, or to Ekamai for bus to Ban Phe or Rayong.

Better news. Airport train to Phya Thai, then BTS to Victory Monument for mini van direct to Klaeng. The mini van also goes onto Laem Mae Phim if you live out this way.

• Like 1

Airport train to Phya Thai and then BTS to Victory Monument for minivan to Ban Phe, or to Ekamai for bus to Ban Phe or Rayong.

Better news. Airport train to Phya Thai, then BTS to Victory Monument for mini van direct to Klaeng. The mini van also goes onto Laem Mae Phim if you live out this way.

I do, thank you. I've heard reports of this mini van to/from Mae Phim but no one I spoke to could tell me where to find it, they said you need to speak Thai. Is it easy to find it at the Victory Monument and does it depart often? I'm not travelling myself, I'm asking for a friend who's coming to visit.

I do, thank you. I've heard reports of this mini van to/from Mae Phim but no one I spoke to could tell me where to find it, they said you need to speak Thai. Is it easy to find it at the Victory Monument and does it depart often? I'm not travelling myself, I'm asking for a friend who's coming to visit.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would your friend not simply hop in a cab and go. I can understand wanting to try out something new. I get it. But if not for the fun of taking public transportation, why not hop a cab???????

I'm not trying to be a dick, but why would your friend not simply hop in a cab and go. I can understand wanting to try out something new. I get it. But if not for the fun of taking public transportation, why not hop a cab???????

If you refer to the 2.000 baht ride to Rayong, it's too expensive. My friend has visited before, took the Cherdchaitour bus from Ekkamai to Ban Phe (about 170 baht), and it wasn't too great, so we're looking for better options. The bus itself was OK, but it took a bit too long, using minor roads.

I've heard reports of this mini van to/from Mae Phim but no one I spoke to could tell me where to find it, they said you need to speak Thai. Is it easy to find it at the Victory Monument and does it depart often? I'm not travelling myself, I'm asking for a friend who's coming to visit.

Under the Victory Monument walkway (eastern side?) where a massive number of buses stop, often two or three deep, is a curved vendor area, including a decent public toilet. Curved around it is a small soi where many minivans stop to let passengers off or pick up.

Near the end of the soi where they emerge into the Victory Monument circle to head off to their destinations, is the ticket booth for minivans to Ban Phe. Probably doesn't help much, but it's opposite a 7-11 (yeah, I know - in Thailand there's always a 7-11 opposite another 7-11)

But go to any of the minivans or ticket booths, and simply say "Ban Phe" and they'll direct you to the appropriate booth. 200 baht to Ban Phe

The minivan isn't as comfortable as the big bus, but it's much faster. And they do have a pee stop in both directions.

• Like 1

I've heard reports of this mini van to/from Mae Phim but no one I spoke to could tell me where to find it, they said you need to speak Thai. Is it easy to find it at the Victory Monument and does it depart often? I'm not travelling myself, I'm asking for a friend who's coming to visit.

Under the Victory Monument walkway (eastern side?) where a massive number of buses stop, often two or three deep, is a curved vendor area, including a decent public toilet. Curved around it is a small soi where many minivans stop to let passengers off or pick up.

Near the end of the soi where they emerge into the Victory Monument circle to head off to their destinations, is the ticket booth for minivans to Ban Phe. Probably doesn't help much, but it's opposite a 7-11 (yeah, I know - in Thailand there's always a 7-11 opposite another 7-11)

But go to any of the minivans or ticket booths, and simply say "Ban Phe" and they'll direct you to the appropriate booth. 200 baht to Ban Phe

The minivan isn't as comfortable as the big bus, but it's much faster. And they do have a pee stop in both directions.

Not sure why folks keep telling you how to go to Ban Phe when you want to go to Mae Phim - anyhow hope this helps.

1. When you get off the BTS at Victory Monument, go to Exit 4, proceed to the right and walk down the steps also to the right.

2. At the foot of the stairs, walk back towards the Monument itself for perhaps 60 metres and you'll come to the Soi used by the mini-buses (there is a 7/11 on this corner). Walk around the corner (to the right) and there are a number of ticket booth immediately past 7/11 - the last in the line of three or four is the one to Klaeng (which the Thais refer to an SAM YARN) and thence onto Mae Pim. Just ask for SAM YARN / MAE PIM - 200 baht

3. Minibuses to Mae Pim depart on the hour - from 6am to 8pm.

Edited by dinga
  • Like 1

Not sure why folks keep telling you how to go to Ban Phe when you want to go to Mae Phim - anyhow hope this helps.

1. When you get off the BTS at Victory Monument, go to Exit 4, proceed to the right and walk down the steps also to the right.

2. At the foot of the stairs, walk back towards the Monument itself for perhaps 60 metres and you'll come to the Soi used by the mini-buses (there is a 7/11 on this corner). Walk around the corner (to the right) and there are a number of ticket booth immediately past 7/11 - the last in the line of three or four is the one to Klaeng (which the Thais refer to an SAM YARN) and thence onto Mae Pim. Just ask for SAM YARN / MAE PIM - 200 baht

3. Minibuses to Mae Pim depart on the hour - from 6am to 8pm.

Absolutely brilliant. Thanks a ton! wai2.gif