Old photos of Korat, late sixties/early seventies

Spaniel

Good ones, thx.

I noted Jones Park, the Sripattana Hotel, Ya Mo. Never heard of the Tweety Bird landing. Do you remember where on the Friendship Highway it landed?

FYI, here's a photo I took early 1964 before the USAF showed up to fill in the gap between Camp Friendship and the airbase.

Mac

post-32650-0-16960900-1428915572_thumb.j

Great stuff, thank you so much for those memories.

The link to your collection gives a wealth of pics and movies.

Cheers!

Just a note, not my collection, it is a ink to someone else's collection.

Thanks for those the village pictures remind so much of the Thailand I loved so much. Hope you post more.

oh, yes, that is so true, Great stuff for real Thailand lovers... I was here also in the early sixties and have plenty of pix of whole Thailand. Anyhow, these early times of modern Thailand can still be found today, especially on the Isaan and even in BKK too where I lived. The pix shows my unairconditoned house where my wife and myself were very happy with one ventilator especially during the Songgran days in the sixties... yes, the sixties in BKK with its unforgettable traffic congestions and most of the taxis and busses still unairconditionned.......

post-21368-0-20963900-1428982660_thumb.j

post-21368-0-20933000-1428983469_thumb.j

post-21368-0-56529600-1428983827_thumb.j

Edited by Alfred Gruetzner

Its still a boring shit hole

Thanks for that, you've gotta be a boring a-hole to think like that, its far from boring, i live here, not bored...take a good look at yourself before posting things like that, maybe your boredom was self inflicted!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks for those the village pictures remind so much of the Thailand I loved so much. Hope you post more.

Great Pics!

Thanks for sharing.

I bet the Taxi Drivers were all in better shape in those days.

Come to think of it, so was I.

Great photos, was in Korat a couple of years ago, my first time there. My old stomping ground was Nakhon Phanom.

What's the red device on the Honda's left handle bar?

The red device is a anti-theft device (burglar alarm). It was powered by batteries and activated by a key. If the bike was moved it let out a loud squeal.

Edited by Spaniel

Great photos, was in Korat a couple of years ago, my first time there. My old stomping ground was Nakhon Phanom.

The red device is a anti-theft device (burglar alarm). It was powered by batteries and activated by a key. If the bike was moved it let out a loud squeal.

Interesting, don't remember seeing any of them up NKP way back then.

Interesting, don't remember seeing any of them up NKP way back then.

Saw them in Bangkok round 1970 I think though it could have been 1972 or 4

Good ones, thx.

I noted Jones Park, the Sripattana Hotel, Ya Mo. Never heard of the Tweety Bird landing. Do you remember where on the Friendship Highway it landed?

FYI, here's a photo I took early 1964 before the USAF showed up to fill in the gap between Camp Friendship and the airbase.

Mac

The plane landed on the highway between Korat and Khon Kaen, closer to Khon Kaen then Korat but don't recall exactly where.