Salaries of working CM residents

junglechef

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The maid in her office earned minimum wage 300฿ per day which worked out to less than 6K฿ per month with the standard 5 day work week and holidays, but they paid her 6K฿. My gf lobbied hard with head office to increase her salary and she now earns 9K฿.

Why? Minimum wage is a reasonable wage. It's the "minimum" one earns for menial work.

Do you think doctors ought to get more money just "because"?

He said, she said, my wifes cousins uncles grand dad's budgie makes more than yours. And repeat...

Yeah, a sign on the cash register stating pay is "he said, she said".....I'm going to pay a CMU student 60 per hour to help me clean up from renovation work.....there will be no tardiness, smartphones, eating, etc...

Hospital administrator (with degree) 15k

Accountant (with degree) 15k

Bank Home Loan administrator 14k

Office manager Nimmanhamen (with degree) 15k

School Teacher (with degree and 10 years experience) 16k

IT manager with large hotel group (you all know the name) 10k

Popular cook at local food court (zero education) 35k (100-150 orders a night at 30-40bht)

Roadside somtan stall (zero education) 4k

In CM it's really hard to beat that 15k limit, senior management or self employed with a particular skill.

I also know some similar employee's in BK (with degrees) and they are on around 25k.

They seem rather low. Wifes cousin is a door man at the Shangri-La hotel and is on over 30K per month, and gets to eat all meals there. This is for greeting people as they walk into the hotel. So how can an IT manager with a large hotel group be on 10K? I don't believe it.

A door man at a CM hotel getting 30K + per month, plus food ,find that very hard to believe

the reason he makes 30K per month is because of the 10% service charge that is shared among the employees. hotels like Shangri La and Anantara Resort are 5 Star resorts with an average of 20K Baht per month paid to each employee after their salary; often more. then there are tips.... the 10% service charge is why the jobs are in demand - not for the salary. most of the employees at these 5 star resorts earn 30K + per month. same in Phuket, etc.

Interesting. Does that always happen?

Interesting thread, Im curious too, just did a quick google search, this is for whole of thailand not chiang mai alone, but imagine it would be very similar to average in chiang mai.

wages

anyone know what nursery workers get paid on average?

Good Post . anyone know what bar lady earns a mounth , 40 - 60 k , no degree reqd.

Would appreciate a Pie chart or a graph , my ex gf, i could not afford her, informs me phucket , 60 ,000 a mounth , easy.

They seem rather low. Wifes cousin is a door man at the Shangri-La hotel and is on over 30K per month, and gets to eat all meals there. This is for greeting people as they walk into the hotel. So how can an IT manager with a large hotel group be on 10K? I don't believe it.

A door man at a CM hotel getting 30K + per month, plus food ,find that very hard to believe

the reason he makes 30K per month is because of the 10% service charge that is shared among the employees. hotels like Shangri La and Anantara Resort are 5 Star resorts with an average of 20K Baht per month paid to each employee after their salary; often more. then there are tips.... the 10% service charge is why the jobs are in demand - not for the salary. most of the employees at these 5 star resorts earn 30K + per month. same in Phuket, etc.

Interesting. Does that always happen?

at 5 Star hotels like Anantara, Shangri La, Le Meridien, etc. the monthly split of the 10% service charge is often double or more the actual salary. with tips, etc. the "salary" may account for only 25% of the actual take home pay. so the salary could be 10-12K, the 10% service charge 20-22K, and tips 5K. then there are the perks like free rooms (which can be sold), food, etc. 4 Star hotels the 10% split may be 8-12K, 3 Star even less.... the jobs are highly in demand.