Cat stuck on the roof.

r1701

It's a long story but I'm looking after my friend's cat and somehow she's ended up getting stuck on the second floor roof. I can't get up there and she can't get down. She's been up there for over 2 days now. I tried the police, they said they'd send someone last night. No one came. Tried again today, they said they send someone today, again no one came. I don't she's going to be able to survive for much longer.

I realise it's Songkran and police are very busy so this is obviously a low priority for them.

If anyone can help please send me a PM.

If you have any snide remarks, unhelpful suggestions or "amusing" comments then please keep them to yourself because I'm really not in the mood.

Edited by r1701

Maybe ask one of your neighbor motorbike taxis for help if you can pay them a small amount of money.

If it were me I would pay 1000 Baht.

Good luck for the cat smile.png

This place is a bit out of the way. There's no motorbike taxis around here, I went looking for help yesterday but there was no one around and everywhere was closed.

Maybe give your location and if somebody is close by they may have some suggestions

Cats do get stuck . Mine can get on the neighbours roof but won't come down - 3 times now

So I had to block the launching point

Throw up some tinned cat food to keep it going. It is moist so should help it to keep hydrated

Edited by cmsally
  • Like 2

You would expect the fire brigade to have big ladders more so than the police. Contact them. Locals will have ladders too. I have seen cats run down the trunk of a tree and jump off near the bottom so this cat might be able to get itself down?

A friend of mine in the UK missed his cat for a few days. Watching TV they saw a short report about a distressed pussy cat stuck in a tree, Fire Brigade turned up eventually and pussy cat decided to leave. It was their cat, turned up as they were still watching the news.

I had a similar experience when I was called out on a Sunday with my big ladder. The deleted scratched me and got down without my assistance.

Several years ago my mother-in-law`s old grey pussy managed to climb on to her 2 story house roof after somehow getting into the attic and then onto the roof. Nothing could shift it, then my wife`s cousin came up with a cunning plan. We used a ladder technique.

Ask a neighbor whether he or she has a long ladder that will reach up to the bottom of the roof area, or knows someone who has such a ladder. Even one of those special round ladders they use for climbing trees will surfice. Hint that there maybe an earner in it for them.

Place the ladder upright, but not too vertical, at the side of the house reaching the roof area and leave it there. I guarantee the cat will use it to climb down probably at sometime during the night when it`s quite and no one around.

If no ladders available, it is a good idea to rush out and buy one. They`re not expensive and always handy to have.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

The cat will probably want to stay up there where it feels safe until Songhan is over and the perceived fear has ended . Make sure it has some water and it will eventually come down . It may also be a neurotic cat missing its owner . If you feed it it will stay up there where it feels secure.

• Like 2

The cat is on a second storey roof, I can simply through food up there because it's too high. She is not up there by choice, she must have jumped from a nearby tree probably while chasing an animal. If she could have got down on here own she would have by now.

Anyway one of my friends has connections with the military so they will come and rescue the cat today.

Could one of the Mods please delete this topic now?

Thank you

Ask around the neighborhood for the local handyman.

He'll be happy to get up onto the roof for a couple of hundred baht.

Yup -- let it be known around the neighborhood that you'll pay 500 baht to whomever can rescue the cat and you'll find someone will show up with a long enough ladder to get to the roof.

That's what happened in our condo building when the cat of a foreign resident went missing for over 24 hours. She didn't think the building security guards were devoting their full energy to the search, so she let it be known that the one to find the cat would receive a 500 baht reward. Suddenly the place was swarming, even with off-duty staffers searching every nook-and-cranny of a large condo building. The cat was soon located.

I once had a cat I was very fond of, and had to leave town for a few weeks, so I left it with my elderly mother. I wasn't sure she'd be able to take care of it so I told my buddy to check in every once in awhile. I come back home after two weeks and ask my buddy how's the cat? He said it's dead. I was shocked, what? how? He said first it got on the roof, then it wouldn't come down for a few days, I tried to feed it but it wouldn't eat, then it finally jumped down and must have broke it's neck. I told him, why didn't you tell me all that a little at a time? First you should have said something when it was on the roof, etc. He says ok. Then I ask how's my mom? He says: she's on the roof.

• Like 1

Yup -- let it be known around the neighborhood that you'll pay 500 baht to whomever can rescue the cat and you'll find someone will show up with a long enough ladder to get to the roof.

That's what happened in our condo building when the cat of a foreign resident went missing for over 24 hours. She didn't think the building security guards were devoting their full energy to the search, so she let it be known that the one to find the cat would receive a 500 baht reward. Suddenly the place was swarming, even with off-duty staffers searching every nook-and-cranny of a large condo building. The cat was soon located.

500 baht reward?

I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly found he now had 10 or 15 cats 'stranded' on his 2-story roof.

• Like 1

500 baht reward?

I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly found he now had 10 or 15 cats 'stranded' on his 2-story roof.

Yes, that could be the case. Hubby and I are known to give tips to the building staff, so every time an orange and white cat is found wandering the halls in our building, the staff brings it to our door in hopes ours escaped and they'll earn a big reward for finding it. They aren't convinced until we produce ours from inside the condo.

• Like 1

The cat is on a second storey roof, I can simply through food up there because it's too high. She is not up there by choice, she must have jumped from a nearby tree probably while chasing an animal. If she could have got down on here own she would have by now.

Anyway one of my friends has connections with the military so they will come and rescue the cat today.

Could one of the Mods please delete this topic now?

Thank you

We are all worried about the cat, did you get it off the roof yet?

• Like 2