Best Chiang Mai Bike Shop (small Models)

PeaceBlondie

We dropped my Honda CBR150R off at Niyom Panich this morning, and I'm always impressed with the size of that service area. I counted over 30 bays, most of them with manual lifts. Even a dynamometer (does that thing work?). As usual, one or two service writers properly making out the ticket, taking your name, mobile number, address, bike serial number, what you want done, etc. They call you when it's ready, and give you a detailed, computerized receipt, which I keep.

In other words, here's a motorcycle shop in Thailand operating like a Western car dealer or motorcycle dealer. I've had no problems, either. Oh, when the original battery died after one week, they didn't know me yet and tried to stall me for a day, but then they swapped batteries. We're still on the same battery, three years and 37,000 km later.

I suppose that if you just need an inner tube patched on your Honda Dream, anyplace can do it.

Niyom Panich is at the opposite extreme from the "shadetree mechanic." Are there other shops like that around Chiang Mai?

Also another branch of NP on Rachadamnoen Rd next to AUA that works the same way, but the workshop is not as large. Maybe 6 bays there. A more convenient location for me.

I agree NP is pretty good and surprisingly inexpensive, but I think all the big Honda m/c dealers may have the same computerised service system. I recently tried the workshop of another Honda dealer on Huawy Kaew Rd opposite the Polytechnic and they were good too.