Police hunt for group of Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

The best system I saw was in Abu Dhabi. If blocked in you call the police. They SMS the registered driver who has a fixed time to move the vehicle or it get's towed, and expensive to get back.

No fuss, no arguing, that's how it is.

Unless the owner is a local Sheik or VIP. I once saw one park his vehicle in Dubai, rather badly and inconsiderately, and it was a helicopter.

Geez they never heard of bumping a car outta the way i seen many a time 2 security doing such a practice, and have had to do myself with the assistance of 1 or 2 other people.

With the handbrake on? I don't believe you.

Not easy but it can be done with 2 or 3 strong guys..

Handbrake locks the back wheels only.

However, if car not in neutral... impossible.

The only thing preventing post #11 from working is the lack of available space or manpower. Edited by evadgib

Geez they never heard of bumping a car outta the way i seen many a time 2 security doing such a practice, and have had to do myself with the assistance of 1 or 2 other people.

With the handbrake on? I don't believe you.

This group could simply have "bounced" the car out of the way regardless of whether it was in gear or had the brake on.

Here's how:

https://youtu.be/onRkiA7m9sg

Yep - that is a solution - assuming you have a group of cooperative people and do not yourself have a back make of popcorn that goes out with the slightest of misangled effort.

if you bounce it out, I'm guessing you will most likely have to bounce it back to the original spot to avoid blocking the road. I bet the chinese will just drive out and not bother help bounce it back, again I could be wrong but if they will break a window I'm sure they won't bother to help move it back.

With the rise of smart phones and all, I've actually see Thais posting notes and sharing it on social networks quite often nowadays. I think most folks don't mean to pull the hand brake, they simply forget.